Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would this computer work? Is it overkill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this computer work? Is it overkill?

Wondering if this would work to run cg2, fsx software, run swing catalyst software, receive data from 2 fast frame swing cameras, output to BenQ mw632st projector (is that a good projector?), and output to 2 40" hd tvs?

Realized the picture is hard to read... here is the specs:

intel i7 6700
    16gb
    1tb + 256 ssd
    nvidia GeForce gtx1070 8gb

Alienware gaming computer from Bestbuy... $1,349.

Comment

• leoapd
      leoapd commented
      Editing a comment
      I ended up with the Laptop version of that...same specs, and runs everything great. Mine had to be a laptop, so price was more than I wanted to spend, but I am happy with it.

Only overkill is the price...! I'd build it myself for about 60% of the cost.

Comment

Thanks... I might get my son to look into building one. Seems like it would still cost a good bit.

Comment

I think you are quoting the price for the 17" laptop. Can build a 1070gtx desktop for about $600 plus screen.... but if portability is important to you, then the self build is irrelevant to an extent.

Btw, I looked at the BestBuy dell seemed very heavy and trackpad was not great, but screen looked good.

Comment

I'm not a computer guy but thought I'd post up on your projector since I have that one.

It's a great projector and very flexible as to where to mount it, as I've read some are fixed length and have to be mounted at an exact distance from your screen. I do wish it was brighter. I use it with a light over the ST lighting up the hitting area and only dim lighting in the background. I also wish it was native 1080. I spent a ton of cash on a computer to run TGC and saved on the projector. Don't get me wrong it's a great image, just not as high res as I'd like.

Comment

Working...
          X