• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheGolfClub game PC requirements

Updated 11/19/21

System Requirements

Minimum:

Processor: Intel i5 3.0 ghz Quad core or AMD 6300 3.5 ghz 6 core.

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: GTX 670

DirectX: Version 11

Network: Broadband Internet connection

Hard Drive: 100 GB available space

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible

600W Power Supply

Recommended:

Processor: Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz or AMD 8350 4.0 ghz or higher

Memory: 8 GB RAM

Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 or better

DirectX: Version 11

Network: Broadband Internet connection

Hard Drive: 200 GB available space

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible

750W Power Supply
    Last edited by ProTee Carlo; 11-19-2021, 10:56 AM.

Copied from old forum.

Originally posted by Craig118
    I have been playing and designing on TGC since day 1 launch for the public Beta test. I can confirm that with Minimum spec computer listed you are not going to run TGC at Med or High resolution, it will be a slide show. Even with the recommended spec you will be struggling to get more than 20-25 FPS on high resolution.

I have a i7 4770 CPU overclocked to to 3.8Ghz with a 4GB GTX 770 and hover around 45-50 FPS at High resolution on the most graphically demanding courses. I'm probably going to have to build a similar spec'ed computer for my garage when TGC becomes available.

Comment

Copied from old forum.
      I decided to update my sim computer today in anticipation of TGC release for protee . My 2009 Dell XPS was getting a bit long in the tooth. However, the i7 920 processor is still pretty powerful and I figured would suffice. Of course since Dell decided to provide me with a whopping power supply of 350W I needed to upgrade that if I was going to be able to run a next gen video card. I upgraded my power supply to 500W and dropped in a new MSI GTX 760 2GB video card.....total damage $310 bucks with tax at Micro center.

I decided to set up my simulator and give it a try with both Protee and TGC PC game. I set both games at the Highest resolution possible. (TGC I left at High resolution default setting. The new advance Video settings in TGC allow for setting higher resolution objects and insane draw distances and numbers of trees. With these turned up it even slows down i7 4770 CPU overclocked to to 3.8Ghz with a 4GB GTX 770. It is kind of useless to go beyond the default High res settings on TGC in my opinion).

I played 9 holes on TGC ( My Hot Springs course with a lot of trees) and 9 holes on Dallas National on the Protee ( which I think is one of the more demanding graphic courses on Protee).

I was pretty shocked to get a steady 30-35 FPS with both of the games. TGC was very playable at this FPS (and looks awesome on my 9x9 impact screen BTW) So playing Dallas National at Max graphics setting on the Protee should be a pretty good barometer for those of you wondering how your current set up will hold up to TGC graphics.

As I noted in an earlier post my new rig I built this winter for the house ( i7 4770 CPU overclocked to to 3.8Ghz with a 4GB GTX 770) hovers around 45-50 FPS on TGC at High resolution on the most graphically demanding courses. I did not want to spend that kind of money on my Garage sim computer and am pretty happy with the upgrades I made today.

Comment

Copied from old forum.
        Originally posted by bpep
        Hey Guys,

I currently have the GC2 with no software, but am planning on TGC through Protee as I'm so fired up to see things working out. I want to be able to max out the graphics and b prepared for the future a bit. Here are the specs of a desktop I am eyeing. Just want to get your thoughts. Thanks. This is about $1700. If there is something better for less that anyone can suggest, please let me know. Thanks guys, I am currently building my sim room and can't wait to see u guys online in a few months.

Specifications:
        Intel 4th Generation i7 4790K 4.0Ghz Per Core (4.4Ghz Turbo Core) Quad Core 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1150 Processor
        120mm Sealed CPU Liquid Cooling System - Maintenance Free
        16GB DDR3 240pin 1866Mhz PC3 14900 Memory
        240GB SATA III 6Gbps Solid State Hard Drive SSD
        1TB SATA III 6Gbps 7200RPM 64MB Buffer Hard Drive
        Intel Z97 Chipset Motherboard with HD Audio, Gigabit LAN, SATA III 6Gbps, USB 3.0, PCI-Express X16 3.0
        Nvidia GeForce GTX780 3GB GDDR5 PCI-Express X16 3.0 DirectX 11 High Definition Dedicated Video Graphics Card w/HDMI 1080P High Definition Output
        24X SATA Dual Layer Multi-Format DVD/CD Burner
        Gaming Mid-Tower ATX Case w/Excellent Cooling, 750W Power Supply, Front USB and Audio.
        Operating System not included
        Add Windows 7 to your system here: Add to cart Operating Systems Ordered with PC's will be Installed and Configured Free of Charge

Comment

• S-Murf-IRL
          S-Murf-IRL commented
          Editing a comment
          Where did you see this system?

Nice system. It should be able to handle TGC easily. And from what I've read, TGC still hasn't been fully optimized for the PC yet.

For the gc2, you'll need a Bluetooth USB adapter. Get one with extended range. Brand name. Also a mini wii like keyboard/ remote controller.

TGC sim will probably include Protee 2.0 as a package deal.

Comment

From old forum.

Brett,

- Both my desktops have 8GB of RAM. Anything beyond 8GB of RAM these days is pretty much a waste of money unless you are multi processing 4K video files, or working with a very large database. I think I read that even moving up from 4GB to 8GB has diminishing returns for gaming graphics. You will see very little gain with anything over 8GB, your Graphics card will be the bottleneck at this point....spend the 50 bucks on a better card.

- I have a Optima HD projector , it's not the best but it works OK. Yes, I played TGC on Steam. I have my projector formatted to 4:3 due to height/width limitations of my garage. If you are going 12:9 you would simply select 16:9 widescreen format on your projector....same as a TV basically.

Bpep, That system should rock for years (meaning 4 at most). If you are close to a Micro Center be sure you check them out before ordering your parts online.
          They will match any price off the web and their Intel processors are usually 50 bucks cheaper. I have no idea how they do that. I got an i7 for the price of an i5 this spring. Granted you will have to pay tax but peace of mind for easy returns or exchanges is worth the small $ difference.

Comment

Here are my sim PC specs:

AMD FX 6300 6 cores, 3.5ghz OC to 3.8ghz
            Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ with serial header and SLI capable
            8GB DDR3 1600 RAM
            Windows 8.1 64bit
            120GB SSD C: drive
            500GB 7200 rpm 2nd drive
            Nvidia GTX 670 2GB
            800w PS
            CD/DVD drive
            Full ATX Case

Build cost = $850

With detail set to high, res at 1920:1080p, everything on, and object detail set to max of 5, I'm getting around 24 fps avg. Which was very playable. I did noticed a tiny stutter on the hole flybys at times and during ball flight, but not bad at all. I played around on 5 different courses. With object detail set to 3, the flybys were without any noticeable stutter. FPS went up to 35. All the courses that I've played so far ran fine and looked great at this setting. I guess I don't need to upgrade my PC at all.

Comment

My office PC specs:

AMD X4, 4GB ram, Nvidia GTX460 1 GB.

At 1080p, I had to start the game at low settings. FPS was around 35 with object detail at 3. The game was smooth enough and definitely playable, but it looked terrible. If I start it at medium, the FPS was too low to be playable. The low settings at 1080p is good enough for me to play around and build courses. But I would not recommend it for sim play.

For my sim PC, if see a good deal on a used GTX670, I might buy it and do SLI. I think that might actually be just as fast or a little faster than a GTX780, but a lot cheaper.

Comment

From old forum.
                Originally posted by Richard
                If you drop the object detail to 1 or 2 you'll be able to raise other settings much higher without sacrificing much image quality. My gaming laptop runs TGC great at high settings with object detail set to 1. But if I just raise that setting performance drops dramatically.

Comment

From old forum.
                  Originally posted by Rick
                  Looks like I'll have to upgrade my video card. I forget which NVIDIA familys are good and which aren't. Will a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GIG do? Or can I get away with less. I remember last time I bought a 650 thinking it was better than a 460 and was told otherwise, If I recall correctly...

Comment

The GTX 760 is slightly faster than my GTX 670. It should be able to run at highest setting and object detail at 3 and still get 30-35 FPS. Which is fine for 10 ft wide screens.

Comment

Brett Simpson wrote: Zmax,

Why? If I can save almost 1/2 - then tell me, or better yet SHOW me the difference with a photo, between a 720 display and 1080 display on a 9'x12' screen?

From what I understand back when I bought a new 1080 TV, there's very little difference between 720 and 1080, barely noticeable, is it because the image is projected that it is noticeable and a problem?

Can you snap photos showing me the difference? Saving 1/2 is quite a big deal for me.

Thanks,
                      -Brett

On a 40" tv, you probably won't see any difference. On a 55" tv, I can certainly see a difference. Seating distance and eyesight quality will also determine if people can see a difference. Here's a good example. Compare Fox's 720 HD football with CBS or NBC's 1080 HD football on a 55" tv or bigger from 10-12ft away. You should be able to see a difference.

Same concept on a 10ft wide impact screen. But it needs to be a high quality screen such as the ProTee or Par2pro's HQ screen. If you're using a PR-20 screen, you should just run at 720.

Also, if you want to save money and use a 720p projector, then run TGC at 1280X720 at high settings and you can probably get by with a cheaper video card. No need to run at 1080 as it will be downsampled to 720p anyway.

And keep in mind if you plan on using the sim room to watch HD movies, you'll want to get a 1080p projector.

Comment

Here's the PC I'm building this week. I'll let you guys know how it runs TGC as soon as I'm done.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($169.99 @ Amazon)
                        CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($28.65 @ OutletPC)
                        Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($89.78 @ OutletPC)
                        Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($82.98 @ OutletPC)
                        Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($129.99 @ Amazon)
                        Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($280.80 @ Newegg)
                        Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
                        Power Supply: Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
                        Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
                        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($86.98 @ OutletPC)
                        Total: $1029.13
                        Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
                        Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-16 09:46 EDT-0400

Comment

You should be able to run TGC on high at 1080 with object detail at 3 or maybe even 4 and still get 35 fps.

Comment

So here is my config: Win 7 Professional
                            AMD 8350 8 Core 4 ghz
                            *8GB Ram

SATA SSD 250GB

GTX 660

750w PSU

DO you think I can run TGC and GNCD?

Comment

• keither5150
                              keither5150 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Your video card is a little on the weak side. I have a GTX 680 which is about the same as a GTX 770. I get 35FPS with object detail at 3. It is unplayable at object detail 5. Anybody with a GTX970 play at object level 5?
                          Working...
                          X