Projection 16:9. Or 4:3 on a 10x10 screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projection 16:9. Or 4:3 on a 10x10 screen

As I only have 10x10 screen, I wanted to gauge whether others on the forum use a widescreen 16:9 for projection and if so do you leave the space at the top... (seems more natural to me having the image starting from the bottom) , in which case do you use a black out cover on top part of screen... any pics would be great.

If you use a 4:3 image, I guess same question as above.... but does the image compress and look strange, or do you just see less width in the picture?

Also, how can you change the image from 16:9 to 14:3. I currently use skytrak via iPhone, through Apple airplay to my projector..... but can't find option on iPhone, skytrak app, or projector.

Many thanks.

I have mine set to 4:3 and blank off the top section. I've done both in the past, but I think the 4:3 looks much better as it fills more of the screen.
    http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...im-build-v2-uk
    That link is my second attempt - and there is a link to the previous version in there too. You can see the difference between my old and new setup is massive! Personally I feel the second version looks so much better.

I am projecting from a PC, so I set the output resolution of the PC to be 1600 x 1200.
    I have also gone in to the projector setup, and changed it to 1600 x 1200 too.
    It all looks like it's meant to... no squished picture! I don't know if this would be the same when projecting from an iPad though - as I've never tried it.

Comment

Appreciate the feedback and love the setup. What did you use to blank off the top part of the screen?

Comment

Appreciate the feedback and love the setup. What did you use to blank off the top part of the screen?

Will check on projector, but not sure I have the same scaling options.... and can't work out where this would be on iOS device...

Comment

Originally posted by CBDBOZ View Post
          See post 21 in my link above. I bought it from par2pro, and they just call it 'top trim'. It's essentially a strip of double sided Velcro. Both sides are the fluffy side.

Comment

Got it. Thanks

Comment

I have a 10x10 screen as well. I ended up going with a widescreen projector and i just project and image that goes wider than my screen. I zoom out to fit the width of the screen when the kids watch movies.

Comment

Originally posted by TaS
                I have a 10x10 screen as well. I ended up going with a widescreen projector and i just project and image that goes wider than my screen. I zoom out to fit the width of the screen when the kids watch movies.
                Certainly 1 way to do it. Assume you have black sides so don't see any of the overflow?

Comment

Yeah, I have a black material. It's useful because it's not distracting, but i can still see any data that is projected there, like shot distance. I'm happy with the compromise.

There is a setting to move the display data items closer together as well that I tweaked a bit.

Comment

I am getting away from displaying 16:9 on my 9x10 screen as well. I understand you can run 4:3 with a gap at the top, but has anyone tried to run a custom resolution to fill the entire screen? For example, 1280 x 1152 would be a 10:9 aspect ratio. I am going to attempt this with my Benq 2150ST (when it arrives) and my NVIDIA 1060 video card. I will need to run in PC mode to accomplish this Also, does the TGC software allow for "custom" resolutions?

Comment

On the occasions I need to use a 4:3 screen I actually keep the PC in full HD 16:9 ratio but run the projector in 4:3 "squashing" the image. I don't mind since this is for a mobile enclosure and I do all my aiming on the PC screen or a large widescreen monitor and it's more important for me to maintain the resolution on this screen than it is on the impact screen (which just shows taller thinner trees than normal

Comment

Working...
                      X