Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Considering hardwood flooring for side walls and ceiling protection....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering hardwood flooring for side walls and ceiling protection....

I am considering 8" wide pergo type hardwood flooring to protect the side walls, angled walls and ceiling of my golf sim. I figure the rare time it gets hit, it will bounce into the screen. I've already hit some balls into some samples and it did not mess up the new pro v1. I think it would look really nice... going to have professionally installed putting green and hitting insert installed too.

My my concern is about the noise. Will all the hard surface of the flooring cause it to be too loud? Has anyone used wood flooring to protect walls?

thanks.
    Last edited by Specimen; 02-22-2017, 03:50 AM.

I would steer away from what is essentially paneling. It would be loud and the aesthetics could be much better. IMHO the way to go would be to attach thin plywood or OSB to the walls, and then staple black carpet tiles to it. Look under pictures of simulator builds on this forum and you will find others who have gone this route. Easy to do and cannot see the staples. You do not need to come out more than say 6 or 7 feet from the screen for good protection, leaving the rest of the walls as is. Then put down your putting turf and you will have a rockin' setup!

Comment

Not only will wooden flooring give off a huge noise when you hit it, but I'd imagine it would give you an echo when you strike the ball. As above - carpet tiles will deaden the blow and the echo.
      You could mix it up a bit with some black / dark grey panels to form a chessboard type patten... or I've seen someone with black / green before!

Comment

Thank you both... I will look into the carpet route. I am gettinfg a price from par2pro. They were extremely helpful on the phone. They are pricing some padding for the walls and frame.

joe

Comment

Working...
        X