This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simulator Pictures

Post pictures of your Protee golf simulator room or setup.

• Originally posted by Godfather View Post
    My Skytrak set up. I'm super happy with it! Projector fills the whole screen from about 6-8" from the bottom.
    From tbernardmd: "what screen are you using? Also can you help me with how you set this up with the net type and curtain type as well as the material the screen is on. How did you attach the screen to the support?"

Thought it better to reply to the thread vs comment above.

Screen is a Supertex hanging model. It's pretty quiet. There is a 1" EMT frame that the screen is hung from with pipe insulation padding. Screen in the picture is a little looser than now since I now have PVC in the side slits (had to cut open the sides a little to get it in as the sides are sewn shut) and then PVC clamps (little plastic sleeves that pop over the pipe) with mini-bungees to tighten it up. In hindsight, I may not have went with the hanging model as grommets or tabs would've been easier to get tight and I like the black cloth border at the top anyway, which would cover up any attachments.

Net is just 10' X 10' netting I picked up on Amazon. Will hold a golf ball by itself. It's bungeed to the EMT frame fairly taut. Between the net and screen is a piece of thin silky black fabric I got at Jo-Ann Fabrics that keeps any of the netting from showing through.

I do have two curtains on either side that are 9' x 50" theater curtains from Amazon. Left side is folded around and only comes out about a foot from the screen. On the right side, behind it is a thin hardboard with 2x4 frame that is covered with memory foam and black felt (like speaker box material). I put the curtain up there to hide the edge of the screen a little better.

If you want some more pics, just let me know. It's great. Took lots of trial and error, but drives fall straight down and I can play with my kids sleeping if just using irons.
    Last edited by Godfather; 05-23-2016, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• Thought I'd post a quick picture as I'm nearly there with the build. Thank you everyone for your help. Just need to pick up my skytrack / PC / Projector and I'm away

Comment

• Originally posted by Scottfer View Post
        Thought I'd post a quick picture as I'm nearly there with the build. Thank you everyone for your help. Just need to pick up my skytrack / PC / Projector and I'm away

Very nice. Like how clean its set up, fits in there like a glove haha

Comment

• I have been updating my sim room and wanted to share. Still loving the sim and hitting balls daily. With temperatures in the 100's each day, the simulator has been a great addition. Since last posting, I have added carpeting, some golf paraphernalia, etc.

Comment

• Wiley Lefty
            Wiley Lefty commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a few questions, if you are willing to answer. 1.) How high off of the ground is your projector? Have you/someone else ever hit it with a ball, club, etc.? How far back are the sensors and stance mat from the screen? Appreciate any advice I could get. Thanks.

• wjochetz
            wjochetz commented
            Editing a comment
            Gene, what all did you use for your iPad mount? Thanks

• Nice looking simulator you have there.
          My Courses:
          World Par 3's by mthunt
          Toronto GC (L) mthunt
          Burlington G&CC by mthunt
          Weston G&CC by mthunt
          London Hunt Club L mthunt
          Park CC Lidar mthunt
          Sunningdale GC Robinson L
          Sunningdale GC Thompson L
          Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
          Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
          The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
          The National GC L mthunt
          Mississaugua GC L mthunt
          Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
          Markland Woods CC mthunt
          Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
          Magna GC L mthunt
          Barrie CC L mthunt
          mthunt Range

Comment

• Originally posted by gene438 View Post
            I have been updating my sim room and wanted to share. Still loving the sim and hitting balls daily. With temperatures in the 100's each day, the simulator has been a great addition. Since last posting, I have added carpeting, some golf paraphernalia, etc.

That does look great! Awesome room set up. It looks like it would be very comfortable in there

Comment

• Thanks fellas, my wife is starting to get jealous because I pull out pictures of the sim every chance I get.....and I don't have any pictures of her or the kids. You know you are addicted when the first thing you do when you go online is to check in at golfsimulatorforum.com....lol

Comment

• Carpet in tonight, its been a long time almost done!

Comment

• aja
                  aja commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Really nice! Very well done.

• gene438
                  gene438 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Really well done, I like this one a lot.

• MikeMyers
                  MikeMyers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks guys, it couldn't and wouldn't have been done without a lot of help from posters on this and the old forum.

I need to get the cameras adjusted and will soon be golfing.

Thanks to all!

• My original pics are on page 11. Here are a couple more with TGC and some recent touches. The gopro wide angle helps see most of the room.
                Last edited by goodmatt78; 12-13-2016, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Here is my temporary setup. I have it 10 foot ceilings in the garage so I can get a full swing. I used an oil pallet to make my hitting area.. Even though it holds about 1500lbs of oil, I put 2x4's in it for support. Covered it with fatigue mats and notched it out for the Optishot. Here is the initial test . Then this is how I play with foam balls hitting into a California King size sheet. The projector I have is made buy iRulu.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by brattenj View Post
                    Couple pics of my new room.
                    Hey Bratton, what is the distance from the ball position to your seats?

Comment

• Hey guys,

Here is my setup and when I went in to it, I felt in over my head. But thanks to all of you, I am now playing TGC on my GC2 and loving it!!! I have played so many rounds the last week, my hands are calloused and my back is achy. Here are a list of items I got to build this setup:

I used particle board on the sides and drilled into my studs, then connected angle iron to the particle board. Had a stud on top at the edge of the soffit for top angle iron support.

Used Spectrum Golf for the screen and they built it custom size for me: H 7'7" x W 9'6" - http://www.virtual-golf-simulator.co...simulator.html

I got a deal on the computer from cyberpowerpc. Took advantage of their new year special and received a great rig for same price I was looking at for much less power: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

My projector is the BENQ MX819ST which is a bit older but can handle resolutions of 1080p - 4K a little too expensive for my taste right now. I'll skip to 8K when all the technology catches up.
                      Used the calculator link right from the product page on projectorcentral: http://www.projectorcentral.com/BenQ...ulator-pro.htm - I questioned its accuracy but it was dead on!!!

The flooring (not yet complete) is from : http://www.rubberflooringinc.com/int...urf-tiles.html - In building this I wanted to leave the area as intact as possible therefore, removal of carpet not an option. So I went over it with these mats. You can see the interlocked edges but it absorbs the club nicely and looks nice. Put some plywood down for support.

Bought some 1 3/4" scraps from Synlawn for the sides.

GC2 purchased from Foresight.

Bluetooth adapter purchased on Amazon...bought the most highly rated.

TGC purchased from https://golfsimulatorstore.com/

Let me know if you have questions!

Thank you all!!!!

Comment

• Started with an Opti-shot and a pop-up net about 4 years ago, kept changing one thing at a time. Just got the projector and screen, haven't quite figured it out. Need to do something about my mats sliding all over the place too, but getting closer.

Comment

• I use the Optishot still but am also doing some changes. I refer to it as "phase 2" to my wife. I'm slowly trying to break her in to the though of me buying a skytrak at some point (phase 3). Phase 2 for me was ordering an impact screen and net to go behind it and also some ceiling protection. I too have trouble with mat sliding and heard good things about the gorilla grip. I haven't used it so I have no personal opinion. Link below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=AK8KODIOTRXHK

Comment

• miwamc
                            miwamc commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I have ordered that, but haven't had a chance to use it yet. I still have to figure out my projector position so I know where the mats will end up - I'm apparently not very good at horizontal keystone, I can't quite get it.

• A few pics of my very humble Optishot garage setup. I just got the impact screen so now I can start hitting real balls instead of foam. I have a canvas tarp behind the screen to help with bleed through and a net behind that. On some forum advice I made the net pretty tight and left the screen pretty loose. A little too loose actually so I will be adjusting it some. I have a compressor to the left of the screen so I built a screen with some tarp I had that can be moved when not using. I hung a tarp on the right side to keep errant balls from flying into my work bench. For. Ceiling protection I built a frame and attached a mesh screen to it. I attached it to the ceiling using hinges on one side and a hook and pulley on the other side. When I want to use it I lower it and it rest on the screen frame. When done I just lift in out of the way up against the ceiling. I had to do this so I can still use the garage door. Pretty happy with it so far. Now I have to tactfully work on the misses and some how convince her that a Skytrak is a necessity.

Comment

Working...
                          X