This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy Impact Screen Fabric Directly from Mill

As a cost sensitive person attempting to build a high quality simulator, I realized purchasing the correct impact screen is critical to both the simulator's overall performance and it's price tag. It should be affordable, durable, seamless, impact resistant, have minimal bounce back, low noise, and display HD quality images.

West Coast Netting, Par2Pro, Foresight, Carl's Place and others listed in various forum threads all sell screens but none actually manufacture them. Buying second hand increases cost and my goal to buy the highest quality materials at the best possible price can only be accomplished by purchasing direct from the mill that manufacturers the fabric.

After plenty of research I found the mill that's manufacturing the impact screen fabric for Foresight, Carl's Place and others. The mills highest quality impact screen fabric is a heavyweight knit polyester sold only in 120 inch x 40 yard rolls. The raw material costs $56/yard without shipping.

40 yards is clearly too much material for my simulator so I'm looking to get a group of us on the forum to split a roll.

Please advise any interest or questions.

• Please only make your name bold if you have sent payment. Below is an updated list. If any discrepancies please let me know.

Aeroburner: 13 + 13 ft
    Justin General: 11 ft | Raw | PayPal | California
    tkotts: 16 ft Raw Old Model
    wbond: 16 ft Raw New Model
    Ron Patterson Golf: 11 ft
    inorkuo: 17 ft Raw, New Model, Paypal
    Boerdoc: 16 ft Raw, New Model, Paypal
    Bastiaan: 11 ft width 10 ft height Either Model that I can receive first. Global shipping (to Netherlands) if using eBay to collect money
    Ports: 23 ft Raw New
    dbgolf72: 16 + 16 ft Finished New Model
    Joelogan: 16 ft
    Stevew: 12 + 12 Finished
    jetergr: change to 12ft - raw - either model
    LipOut: 11 ft Raw - New Model
    MainStGolf: 11 ft
    domino: 15 feet Raw, delivered to finisher, new model, PayPal
    kevin1889: 15 ft Raw, New Model, PayPal
    puttcat: 15 ft Finished
    thaar: 11 ft Raw, new model, PayPal
    Griffinto: 16 ft
    dack: 11 ft Raw
    theizer: 12ft Raw New Model (that's 12ft by 10ft, right? so basically 4 linear yards??)
    mikelo33: 16 ft Raw, would prefer new model, but am ok with the old if it's needed to process the order.
    Shifty: 16 ft x 10 New Model to Canada S6V 5S8
    Docsmilez: 11ft raw. either model
    dmsimm69 12ft Raw either model
    jason stanley 11ft raw either - ship to U.K.? Global shipping if using eBay to collect money
    Snaphook 15ft raw either- ship to Sweden?
    mrothwei 15 ft. raw - ship to Chicago Thanks!
    SwingLeft 15 ft raw, New material, Pick up - Paypal
    andygg1986 13 ft raw, New model, Paypal
    Cbdboz 13 ft x 13 ft raw, either.
    iskuo: 17 ft raw new model, Paypal
    Chris Skinkle: 17ft of the raw new model shipped to Calgary, AB, Canada

Comment

• dbgolf72;n97301]Please only make your name bold if you have sent payment. Below is an updated list. If any discrepancies please let me know.

Bastiaan: 11 ft width 10 ft height Either Model that I can receive first. Global shipping (to Netherlands) if using eBay to collect money
      theizer: 12ft Raw New Model (that's 12ft by 10ft, right? so basically 4 linear yards??)
      mikelo33: 16 ft Raw, would prefer new model, but am ok with the old if it's needed to process the order.
      jason stanley 11ft raw either - ship to U.K.? Global shipping if using eBay to collect money
      Snaphook 15ft raw , new model ,Paypal. I will send shipping label when it's time (oceanmanager)

Comment

• Originally posted by dbgolf72 View Post
        This is what I wrote in my first post:

It's based on what the mill told me, but I haven't read any complaints about screens from Carl's Place. Their premium screen is the old model fabric from the mill. I have the sample, and image quality will be excellent. Durability should be good, they designed this fabric special for use in golf sims unlike the other options you mention. I left a piece of the sample with the finisher suggest you call them to get a second opinion on the quality of the material.
        Was just catching up on this thread and after my search of screens a few months ago after going through few of them pretty quickly (HQ raw - 1 year and supertex -5-6 months). My dad found a remnants screen they had for cheap on carl's screen of their premium model. If this is in fact the same one as it looks like it is in the picture you posted, I think this is THE screen to go with. Have only been using it for a few months now so far and was gonna put up a review further down the line, but absolutely love the thickness of it! It literally make the folds/ripples you can get with thinner screens around where you impact non existent, I never have to worry about retightening the screen a bit after a while to get rid of the ripples. Can hit 300 shots on it and then switch to a movie and its a picture perfect flat screen right after! If this is actually the same screen as that one I think I might jump on this order soon as a backup to my screen way down the line.

Only question is in your picture, the new model was the one to the left, and the old to the right, correct? If so I wonder why they made it like half the thickness of the old model, feel like that wasnt a great play. But if it is somehow better, its very interesting.
        Last edited by Ironstrokes; 01-17-2017, 09:26 AM.

Comment

I am getting questions on pricing so to keep newcomers from having to read back through the thread here is a recap:

Option 1
          Raw prices $/linear foot
          10 ft $23.0
          11 ft $22.5
          12 ft $22.0
          13 ft $21.5
          14 ft and up $21.0

Option 2
          Raw prices $/linear foot delivered to finisher
          10 ft $29.0
          11 ft $28.0
          12 ft $27.0
          13 ft $26.0
          14 ft and up $25.0

Option 3
          Finished with webbing and grommets on 12 inch centers top and sides. Bottom 2 inch pocket.
          Prices $/linear foot
          10 ft $38.0
          11 ft $37.0
          12 ft $36.0
          13 ft $35.0
          14 ft and up $34.0

Velcro add $1.00 per foot of Velcro needed.

For custom orders or to deal directly with finisher call Brian at Ga Stage, LLC 770-931-1600.

Ships from Decatur, Ga. Pickups welcome. All orders prepaid. Buyer provides shipping label and I will ship accordingly.
          Brand new to the forum and to this discussion. I've been looking on for days and decided to join to find out more about this endeavor. So as far as the pricing goes, if I were interested in getting a 10 x 10 Raw section, am I right in my calculation that his would cost $230 dollars (not including the shipping of course)? I'm tempted, but would like to understand the pricing first. Love what you are doing with this "golfers" community! Thanks for taking this on...

Comment

• Ironstrokes thanks for your comments and glad you have had experience with the fabric. The new model is thinner but it's actually heavier weight. It looks like a tighter knit and with the new silicone finish I think it should be more durable.

dannywags correct 10 ft raw would be 230 without shipping.

Comment

Ironstrokes thanks for your comments and glad you have had experience with the fabric. The new model is thinner but it's actually heavier weight. It looks like a tighter knit and with the new silicone finish I think it should be more durable.

dannywags correct 10 ft raw would be 230 without shipping.
              Ah gotcha, that makes sense then. That does sound like an incredible deal for this material. Its crazy how much the companies that sell it retail mark it up. 2-3+ times them amount they actually pay for it

Comment

• I've read through the whole forum now. Does anyone have any pictures of their setups? I would love to see a picture using the finished version. I am thinking there isn't much advantage to the finished at the moment since these tarp clips are working well. But I would love some feedback.

Chris

Comment

• dbgolf72;n97301]Please only make your name bold if you have sent payment. Below is an updated list. If any discrepancies please let me know.

theizer: 12ft Raw New Model, ship to Lees Summit, MO - Paid via Paypal
                  Snaphook 15ft raw , new model ,Paypal. I will send shipping label when it's time (oceanmanager)

Comment

• Aeroburner: 13 + 13 ft
                    dack: 13 ft Raw, PayPal

Comment

• Is this screen reversible? Can you hit into either side of the material?

Comment

• The material looks the same on both sides so I believe you could hit into either side without problem.

Comment

• DBGolf72 I sent you a private message. Thanks for getting this together!

Comment

• Aeroburner: 13 + 13 ft
                            Ports: 23 ft Raw New Paypal
                            dack: 13 ft Raw, PayPal

Comment

• Can anyone comment on the noise? Preferrably vs HD material from Par2Pro?

Comment

• goatbarn This material hasn't been released yet. It is supposed to be an improved version of Carls Premium material. Ironstrokes has used both HQ Raw and the Carls premium and said in a previous post about Carls premium
                                ​​​​​​​
                                "I think this is THE screen to go with. Have only been using it for a few months now so far and was gonna put up a review further down the line, but absolutely love the thickness of it! It literally make the folds/ripples you can get with thinner screens around where you impact non existent, I never have to worry about retightening the screen a bit after a while to get rid of the ripples."

Maybe he can also comment on the noise difference.

Comment

• goatbarn
                                  goatbarn commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Yes, thank you. I saw that post of his.

My main concern is noise. If it's a tight mess I suspect the image to be comparable. But with 2 young kids now, noise is my #1 concern and the screen material is the biggest contributor to that. Maybe ironstrokes will comment.
                              Working...
                              X