Where can I get this enclosure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get this enclosure?

Hello all, new to this forum and have benefited greatly from all the information on here. I am looking to put a simulator in my basement that is unfinished at this time, just looking for a simple, cost effective option for the short term. Will eventually refinish the basement and do a formal setup but wanted something to get going now. I found this picture on houzz and have not been able to find a similar enclosure with netting and screen online. I want this one as the sides appear to be adjustable allowing for them to be opened outwards. I have 18 ft of width to work with but didn't want to get a super wide screen. This way, I can get a smaller screen (say 8ft tall and 10-12 ft wide ) and still be able to open up the sides to ensure that I don't accidentally swing into the sides. Any help directing me to it or something similar would be great.

http://www.houzz.com/photos/20435087...sement-chicago

The frame and netting I got from John as well. If you get in touch with him tell him Tony from Las Vegas referred you.... and give him my regards.. Also Cory from par2pro is another resource you can use he's a great guy also.. best of luck.. T

Comment

• Ericft
      Ericft commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info Tony. I have so far constructed my frame with 8ft 6 in height and 10 ft wide with hopes to get a 8x10 screen into it. Might have to extend it just a little to fit the 10ft wide the and have room for attachment points or I could just fold screen over. I purchased supertex screen. I have a separate wall that is 17ft wide hat I could also use to base my build and now I am thinking of expanding the enclosure to fit a 8x 12 screen to be more native widescreen. But I do like the way yours fills it at 4:3. What resolution did you load tgc to get that? I want 1080p quality but is that only possible with 1920x1080 16:9?

Also, how did you attach he blue material tot he side? Are there grommets? Does it do a good job of stopping the balls?
      Last edited by Ericft; 01-13-2017, 04:42 AM.

Originally posted by Sledge0001 View Post
    Here are what the Custom Design Frame, commercial net and impact screen looks like... I've beat the hell out I feel it for about 3 years now...
    What is that you are using at the bottom of your screen to prevent mishits from rocketing back off the bottom bar?

Comment

Yes there were grommets.. I never hit the blue tarp it's just there for looks.. I can't remember off hand which resolution I run.. I'm at work now so when I get home I can send you that info.. if you do an 8x12 screen then 16:9 should work you might have a little black out on the top and bottom but it shouldn't be too bad. I tried 16:9 on my 8x10 but the black out was too much.. it looks great though as the pic shows at 4:3 ratio. When I get home I'll look at the resolution and let you know.. FYI, get the best HD graphics card you can buy for the best resolution..

Comment

• Ericft
        Ericft commented
        Editing a comment
        How did you attach your screen and is there a net behind? Did you zip tie blue side tarp and under any tension? Is the screen quiet? One of my sons has a room right above and need it to be as quiet as possible for after hrs golf. I have heard that the hq2 screen from Cory is a little loud, can you compare yours to any others?

Originally posted by golfer1161 View Post

What is that you are using at the bottom of your screen to prevent mishits from rocketing back off the bottom bar?
      Ahhh the protective pad has saved me on more than one occasion!
      PROTECTIVE PAD FOR SCREEN BOTTOM 60 in long by 5 inches high by 4 inches deep. Triangle design to prevent balls from hitting bottom of screen frame. comes with 2 5ft sections CUSTOM SIZES AVAILABLE

Comment

• SirNeedaSim
        SirNeedaSim commented
        Editing a comment
        What type material is it made from? Curious to see if I can reverse Engineer this solution much cheaper.
        Last edited by SirNeedaSim; 01-14-2017, 05:07 PM.

That is really cool sledge.. I'm getting one of those

Comment

Eric to answer you questions.... I attached the screens with zip ties loosely and the netting is on every part of the frame including the sides and they are snug.. the theory behind that is you want the netting to absorb most of the shock of the ball. This preserves the impact screen to last longer. You want the impact screen to be stretched just enough to get rid of any wave's but not too tight to avoid bounce back and stress on the screen itself. The blue tarp has grommets so I just used 10 inch bungee cords that have hooks on the ends and I interwove the cords around the poles until I got the desired tension then just hooked it together.

as far as the screen itself, ive never had anything but the screen from custom design golf. What I did was used my older screen as a liner and attached it to my new screen. So it sits right behind my new screen then I have the netting behind that.. It absorbs the hit much better, its stronger and very quiet. Even when I had only one screen it was pretty quite. But I can't compare it anything else because I never had anything else but the screen I have now. The super text that you bought from what I've read here have a hard time lasting. A lot of guys say they experience getting holes in them after only 6 months of use. I was considering getting the supertex until I read some of the posts. They say the picture quality was really good but durability not so much.. with my screen I get both... in my opinion...

Comment

Eric , I'm running 1280x1024 resolution in the tgc. And my graphics quality is set at low... works just fine that way. The higher the graphics quality the harder your HD card has to work so the image get jumpy.

Comment

• Ericft
            Ericft commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Tony for all your answers. I am waiting for my screens to come in then I'll continue my build.

Originally posted by Sledge0001 View Post
          Ahhh the protective pad has saved me on more than one occasion!
          Don't you think there has to be a cheaper option out there? Home Depot? Also, how to prevent rebound rockets off the top and side bars?

Comment

the best way to not hit side bar is to hit straight if you feel like you might be shanking a lot put up i couple side curtains that block it out, I have never hit my side bar yet the top bar is a different story, about broke my nose from the rebound of the ball fixed that the next day though

Comment

• zamundan
              zamundan commented
              Editing a comment
              How did you fix it?

Originally posted by golfer1161 View Post

Don't you think there has to be a cheaper option out there? Home Depot? Also, how to prevent rebound rockets off the top and side bars?
            I would assume there is something cheaper that can be had but I like the look and fit of these!

Comment

I like the fit too and look as well. 80 bucks is a little expensive. 50 sounds more realistic. But it does look good.

Comment

OK Eric, let me know how it goes..

Comment

Zanmudan, on the bottom rail I have rubber covers that I wrapped around the emt poles. Sometimes I'll thin one and the rubber blocks it pretty good. On this thead innovative golf sells that triangle shaped pad which looks really cool. But 80 bucks for that is a lot. The rubber covers I got from my birdie ball putting green. I had extras and just wrapped them around my pole on the bottom and used zip ties to secure it. As far as the side's I never hit them so they are not protected at all. But I'm not hitting from a big off set like your going to do. I have a slight off set to the right but I hit to the left side and the right side as well as the center of the screen all the time. But not to boast, but I'm a pretty good player so most of the time the ball goes where I aim. What's kind of hardware are you getting? Gc2, protee ... etc... I run a Gc2 with tgc.. hope this answers your questions... tony

Comment

Zamundan, I rarely hit the top pole.. the netting I have above typically blocks it and the ball just falls to the ground. I secured the netting to the ceiling with hook screws into the drywall and works like a charm.

Comment

I have made some great progress in my build. Ended up using the EMT tubes I had and purchasing foot pads to secure frame to the wall. It is about 8ft 4 high and 10ft 8 wide. Bought a king mattress topper and put it in duvet cover and hung it behind my archery netting. The attached a 8x10 supertex screen with tarp clips.
                      Happy with progress so far but I played this weekend and hit the top bar and barely had time to duck as ball came whizzing by!
                      Now I am waiting for 55" ceiling curtain track( sail rite) for the sides and 52x108 grommet curtains from amazon. Bought some 2" Velcro to attach the curtains to the side of the screen as a border.
                      Bought the angled pads for the bottom bar protection from golf simulator store. Now in need to figure out the black border for the top and ceiling protection.
                      Here are some pics.

Comment

• Ericft
                        Ericft commented
                        Editing a comment
                        How do I make the pictures larger size?

• wbond
                        wbond commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I put mine in photobucket and then share the img, the option on the bottom, it turns out much larger.
                    Working...
                    X