What to use for ceiling protection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to use for ceiling protection?

I am building my own impact screen that will go all the way to my 9ft ceiling. I would like to stand 10 to 12 ft away, therefore I will need ceiling protection for wedge shots. This is in my basement so it doesnt need to be fancy. Any suggestions? Thanks

Stand closer and you wont need it. I have an 8ft ceiling and I stand about 5-6 feet away from the net. Never had a problem with the ball getting near the ceiling with my 58 degree wedge.

Comment

I wont be buying a short throw projector, which is why I will need to stand further away, as to not cast a huge shadow.

Comment

Thinking of trying a sheet of foam insulation from the hardware store but that would be really ugly and not sure how long it would hold up. Any ideas?
        Last edited by Greasegun; 01-09-2017, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Goatbarn e6 with FlightScope demo video https://youtu.be/Lr_tAL1pGV8 . He loosely suspended a sheet. The distance from the ceiling and weight of the sheet deadened the ball and caused it to drop.
          Last edited by Ports; 01-09-2017, 02:31 AM.

Comment

That looks pretty effective and simple.

Comment

I did the same thing with mesh tarp from harbor freight. Throw something soft up there to weigh it down more if you flop them like mickelson.

Comment

Looks like the mesh tarp would make decent side curtains as well

Comment

I have mesh tarp side curtains hung on emt conduit with plastic shower curtain rings so I can pull them back. Sounds cheesy but it looks pretty good for a garage setup.

Comment

I have a 10x10 net connected to the ceiling with eye bolts.

I just hang it slightly loose and it works great.

If you are hitting the ceiling still you can always throw a towel or blanket up on top of the net. That would add enough weight to stop it.

Comment

The thing that worries me is the floor joists. Its an unfinished basemet. If a ball catches the edge of those right it could come right back at me. Might put up a sheet of oxboard first then hang the tarp or net.

Comment

• aja
                        aja commented
                        Editing a comment
                        What is "oxboard"?

• Ryan5508
                        Ryan5508 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Searched for it and apparently its-

Stable-priced, high-performance alternative to wood structural panels. some kind of styrofoam

• Greasegun
                        Greasegun commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oxboard is cheap plywood

Foam to ceiling for ceiling adjacent to screen. The net for these few feet too close to ceiling to provide protection. Also added light cages. Now can hit flop shots without disturbing ceiling.
                      Last edited by CBearsSB; 01-10-2017, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Ryan5508
                        Ryan5508 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        where did you find the cages?

I have one recessed light right in the middle of my setup just before the net. Never hit it yet but you never know.

• Greasegun
                        Greasegun commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Wow. Nice setup!

Ryan. Chase Security Systems. chasesec.com
                      in menu search "wire guards"

Comment

Working...
                      X