Bounce Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bounce Back

Hi All, Just getting my SIM finished and I have bounce back from the screen. Please see the link to the video below.
    Is this bounce back normal?

Any advice is appreciated, Thanks

Loosen the screen and some of that will go away.

Comment

• Muzgolf
      Muzgolf commented
      Editing a comment
      We have a thick black safety screen right behind the white screen. The other day both were loose at it was the same. I think the black safety screen needs to be tight and the front white screen loose. Well I hope so!

I would loosen both. The ball should just drop not bounce back more than a foot or two.

Comment

Guess bounce back is a matter of opinion or preference...

The bounce back from your screen is my "normal". I get that with my set-up and I like it. The ball basically returns to the hitting position.

Since I use one ball to hit, it's pretty convenient.

I'll bet that those that want the ball to drop to the floor are using more than one ball and don't want them all around them at the hitting position.

Take your pick I guess.

(As a side note, your impact screen looks like it's nicely tensioned - no wrinkles. You'd probably give some of that up if you loosened it.)
      Last edited by aja; 01-15-2017, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Mine was a bit worse than yours, so I put a memory foam mattress topper behind it. it made a huge difference.

Back at the beginning of 2015, I had a go at turning my 2 car garage into a simulator room. One of the main issues I faced was that I had to have it collapsable...

Comment

My ball just drops to the floor and rolls towards me a bit. If you have your screen to tight not only will bounce back occur but the life of your screen will be shortened a lot. Rule of thumb is at least for me is loose screen, tight netting. Let you netting take the impact. When the ball hits the screen it should impact and just fall to the ground.. is your screen adjustable?? If so, loosen it some. You may get a wave or two, but no big deal. When the game is on you don't notice much anyways.. try that and see.

Comment

Hey guys I have the supertex screen with pvc and after several months the pvc is shattered all over and I cant get the wrinkles out of the screen with the straps.

I purchased some tarp clips and ball bungees but I was curious on how I can adjust the tension with the bungees. How is everyone doing it. Do i need to try a different route like maybe straps from the clips to the frame?

Comment

I use adjustable ball bungees so you can adjust length as needed. I also added two additional straps on the top piece of pvz so I have 5 across. This has helped a lot with the wrinkles

Comment

Thanks wbond for the quick reply i appreciate it. I too added two straps to the top. Utility knife slipped on the first one and left room for two straps lol i was so mad. I think if the straps were directly across from one another it would work better. I just dont like how the straps dont have any give so even when the screen is loose i still have bounce back.

Comment

I also don't like how the straps are not directly across from each other. I think it added to the wrinkles. Bounce back is always something to mess with until you get it to your liking. People on here have come up with a lot of different solutions with backing material. Gel mattress toppers, blankets/comforters, additional screen or netting, etc. I think i still have a little too much bounce back. I have a net pulled quite tight to the frame, then i have a piece of pr20 that it hung pretty loose and then the supertex.

Comment

Working...
                  X