Help with constantly moving hitting mat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with constantly moving hitting mat

can anyone suggest a product that would help stop my 5x5 hitting mat from moving all the time? I have the skytrak and constantly moving the mat back and forth to get back to the tee hitting area is wearing on me.. has anyone tried the sticky rubber strips under their mat on top of carpet? I only have a cheap indoor/outdoor carpet underneath the hitting area

You could use self adhesive Velcro

Comment

My mat sits on carpet. Get a non-slip rug pad. They are around $15-25 depending on size. I believe I used about a 3x4 or maybe 3.5x4.5 pad for my 4x5 mat. I think I bought larger and cut it to around that size.

I tried the Velcro idea and it didn't work for me, but the non-slip rug pad did the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Godfather View Post
        My mat sits on carpet. Get a non-slip rug pad. They are around $15-25 depending on size. I believe I used about a 3x4 or maybe 3.5x4.5 pad for my 4x5 mat. I think I bought larger and cut it to around that size.

I tried the Velcro idea and it didn't work for me, but the non-slip rug pad did the trick.
        Thanks for the feedback. I was going to try the Velcro but I just ordered a gorilla grip non slip carpet pad to try first. Hopefully this works out...

Comment

Jwheels9876 how did the gorilla grip non slip carpet pad work out for you? Also, what hitting mat are you using? I'm having the same problem. Tried to use rubber strips underneath but it didn't work. Maybe a full pad would? My mat sits on turf.

Comment

I took one of those office mats made for carpet for rolling chairs and attached it to the mat with washers bolts and nuts. It never moves.

Comment

Originally posted by ncube View Post
              Jwheels9876 how did the gorilla grip non slip carpet pad work out for you? Also, what hitting mat are you using? I'm having the same problem. Tried to use rubber strips underneath but it didn't work. Maybe a full pad would? My mat sits on turf.
              Worked like a charm. Hasn't moved an inch since! I have a commercial driving range mat from allturfmats.. It's the 5x5 $189 one...

Comment

Got my gorilla grip non slip rug pad for carpet installed. Over a week later I haven't had the mat move an inch. Thanks Jwheels9876 for the perfect solution.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
                  Jwheels9876 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Glad it also did the job for you...lots less aggravation involved now.

#ncube: Could you post a link to where to buy the gorilla rug pad please. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X