Divotaction and gc2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divotaction and gc2

As my house is being built, I'm trying to prep for the sim. I am planning on the gc2. I am planning on getting the divotaction insert. Any reason to get the 24 inch long insert vs the 18 inch insert?
    what happens as far as simulation if the ball is hit fat? Do u have to hit irons, etc in the middle of the divotaction insert? They sell to lengths so just trying to figure out why.

thanks!

Hey Rich, I too have the gc2 and a 4x5 stance mat. I cut out a 1x2 foot insert for the county club elite mat insert you can buy on eBay for about 40 bucks. it works great. a lot of us have the CCE. It give's you a true feel if you hit it fat it goes nowhere and if you pure the ball goes. it's the true to real life your gonna find.. I had a divot action before and it didn't last and it cost 50 bucks.. the CCE will last a lot longer at least a couple of years before you have to get another one. good luck..

Comment

Thanks tony. I like the idea of the cce, but, my issue is my left triceps tendon insertion is messed up. I got a procedure on it 2 years ago and it's about 75% better after 2 yrs of rehabbing it, but even at a grass driving range, if I hit it fat, my elbow hurts. I read that the cce mat is not forgiving at all for fat shots so that is why I'm scared of trying it. Although it might get me to stop hitting fat shots really quickly. Haha

Comment

• wbond
        wbond commented
        Editing a comment
        Do NOT get a CCE if you have any arm/elbow/wrist issues. Find an alternative, DIY gel, divotaction, fiberbuilt, etc

Join discord with us you can play against us. it's a phone app. do you have tgc with you gc2?? if so then join it's a lot of fun.. we have about 20 members really cool.

Comment

Good point didn't know about your elbow.. it does have a lot of cusion though it's about an inch or so. look at the pics on ebay.. I have tennis elbow sometimes and I feel nothing when I hit it fat.. the gc2 will let you know though.. that thing is so accurate it's scary

Comment

I think on ebay the have a money back guarantee for 30 days on it too. so you can always send it back if it doesn't work for you.

Comment

Divot actions is the way to go. Really if you got a divot action and then took the turf off of it and replaced it with the CCE you'd have the best of both worlds :-).

Comment

Here is a repost of my experience with the divot action. I would personally get the 12x24 as it is a more standardized size. That way if you later wanted to switch it out, you'll have less work.

Repost******

When I sold my GSA setup, it too had the 24*12 fiberbuilt sensor mat. I replaced it with a divot action insert and it fit in perfectly (other than having to insert another base piece as it was not quite tall enough to be flush with the surrounding turf) overall, i really like the feel of the mat. 2 observations though:

1. When it arrived, I looked at the turf glued to a piece of plexiglass with pieces of foam rubber pieces on the bottom and wondered how they justified selling it for $170 with shipping...i can't see that the materials cost more than $15 plus maybe another 10 in labor.

2. Don't even think about getting the 1/2 fairway, 1/2 rough option if you have a GC2. I'm a righty, so the rough half was close to the GC2 side ( it wasn't practical to turn it around because I had them install a hitting t) and it caused problems with proper ball pickup and proper spin. The owner had several ideas about raising the height of the GC2, but that was too much of a hassle. In addition, the rough was a major distraction in every way and even interfered when hitting driver. It's flat out a terrible idea and shouldn't be an option!

Ultimately, i sent it back (on my dime), he repaired by cleaning up the side where i pulled off the rough out of frustration, then instead of using a new $5 piece of plexiglass, he butted another fairway piece against the original and glued it down. Not the way that I would have done it considering that there is a very visible seam down the middle and a minor distraction. He then sent it back to me...on my dime again...so finally after paying $210 for something that maybe cost $25, I've got a hitting surface that is actually quite nice to hit from.

Comment

Hey tony, I actually don't have a gc2 yet. House will be done around April, but I will be getting the gc2 and tgc win april. I will check out discord at that time too.

Wigalo and mainst, thanks for the input. I think I will go with the 12x24 divotaction. I will also strongly considering replacing the divotaction turf with the cce when the time comes.

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by wbond View Post
                  Do NOT get a CCE if you have any arm/elbow/wrist issues. Find an alternative, DIY gel, divotaction, fiberbuilt, etc
                  I've had elbow and wrist pain if I play real golf many days in a row for a long time. In the winter, when I am exclusively on my CCE mat daily I have none of these problems. I take shallow divots on the Zoysia I usually play on. If you take large pelts when playing real golf most any mat may cause you a problem.

Comment

No problem rich... your gonna love that set up gc2 and tgc.. a lot of us have that and we really enjoy it. as far as the mat do what you feel is best. I'm sure the divot action has been improved over the years. . when I got it it was 3 years ago and the quality wasn't that good back then..

Comment

just ordered the divotaction insert. john talked me into getting the 12x18 instead of the 12x24 in insert. now to meet with the flooring people on friday to get everything set up. wish april was here already (that's when our house will be ready).

Comment

did u guys just cut a rectangle out and drop the divotaction in the floor, or did you build a little case around it?

Comment

I'll post some pics when I get home. I still vote for the 12x24...if you look on ebay, fiberbuilt etc...most have a 12x24 option.

John also talked me into the 1/2 rough, 1/2 fairway mat and it was absolutely terrible. So much so that I tore the rough off of the plexiglass out of sheer frustration.

If you hate the 12x18 divot action and wanted to switch or when the plexiglass wears out (and it will), what options will you have without cutting into your floor. I haven't checked alternate 12*18 options but would before committing.

Comment

hmm... damn. well, i ordered yesterday. should be here friday. i will take a look when it gets here and re-consider. i guess I could always send it back and get the 12x24 instead..

Comment

Working...
                            X