(Please) help me find a projector!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Please) help me find a projector!

I've started reading up on it, but projector choices are daunting! I need to choose one for my application, and I'm really hoping one of the pro's here can help. I'm setting this up in my garage, which is going to only be heated when in use so potentially I'm going to kill the projector with Maine winter temps (-10f.) Ideally, I'd like to buy a used one in case that happens, but at the very least a not-very-expensive new one.

I elected to go with the Net Return Pro series screen which measures 83" high by 94" wide, I went this route because I already had the net and side net setup and this will be the easiest/most painless way to go. I can go either bottom or top mount, but my ceilings are really high, so bottom mount may be best. I don't know the exact height as I'm at work right now and didn't take measurements, but I'm pretty sure my ceiling is 12 feet.

Could someone who has already done the research please help me out as I get frustrated by having too many options every time I start to look.

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Bob,

I'm doing my own research for my projector now and I noticed that you ended up going with the Optoma GT1080.

Which other projectors were you considering and why did you end up going with the Optoma?

There's just so many options out there right now and I feel the pain that you originally had to go through! lol

Comment

Originally posted by arwin View Post
      Hi Bob,

I'm doing my own research for my projector now and I noticed that you ended up going with the Optoma GT1080.

Which other projectors were you considering and why did you end up going with the Optoma?

There's just so many options out there right now and I feel the pain that you originally had to go through! lol
      I went with the Optoma simply because I tend to agonize over decisions (hence the original post) and decided to just make one. It's a popular projector with a decent output for the best price of all options available. It has a 14" offset which is perfect because my short screen puts the projector up over it by a fair amount.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I might end up getting this one as well since many users here already have it as well.

Comment

FWIW most people who tried this and the BenQ much prefer the BenQ. I have only tried the Optoma so I have no other experiences.

Comment

• smileykj
            smileykj commented
            Editing a comment
            which BenQ model are you referring to?
        Working...
        X