Help me find a projector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me find a projector?

I'm ordering my projector today and can't figure out which one!! I'm keeping it under 710$( cause that's my PayPal balance)

ViewSonic LightStream PJD7828HDL projector looks good to me but this is my first build ever.
    anyone use this one before?

or should I go with the optimo or benq
    Needs to be short throw for 10 by 10ish
    I'm gonna be running tcg with skytrak any help would be appreciated
    Last edited by Ron Patterson Golf; 01-02-2017, 02:12 PM.

Anyone have feedback on these??????

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought this one and it's 5' from my screen and is behind it! Better picture than my monitor! I have it 7ft tall and 10ft across

Last edited by Lefty71; 01-02-2017, 08:01 PM.
      My Courses: all are LiDAR
      Wilkshire LiDAR
      Glenmoor
      Brookside LiDAR
      Shady Hollow CC​

Comment

Lefty, you're doing a rear projection image? What screen are you using with this? Can you share a pic of this setup?
        Originally posted by Lefty71 View Post
        https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought this one and it's 5' from my screen and is behind it! Better picture than my monitor! I have it 7ft tall and 10ft across

Comment

Suggest you check out Projector Central website. Use the Projector Database and Resource menus on the site. Lots of good resources on there to build your knowledge on Aspect Ratio's, XGA, WXGA, HD, WUXGA...etc...

Benefit from this website is you can pull up the user manuals and spec sheets via pdf's. This is helpful for calculating min / max distances from the screen in which the projector will work as well as being able to see what features each projector has.

I found my Projector on that site but ordered it $50 cheaper from Amazon. I went with a BenQ MW632ST WXGA resolution for $548.00 but I was planning a 16:10 aspect ratio setup. Screen Size, Aspect Ratio, Resolution and Mounting Distance from the screen are the variables to hone in on first. Good Luck!

Comment

• JoeGolf27
          JoeGolf27 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm considering using the same BenQ 632ST projector as well, mounted on the ceiling 9.5' to 10' back from the screen to project a 12' wide x 7'5" high 16:10 aspect picture and will be running The Golf Club software. My only concern is if the projector WXGA 1280x800 resolution is sufficient enough to give me the best picture using TGC. What is your experience?
          Last edited by JoeGolf27; 01-03-2017, 01:28 PM.

Hey Ron,

I am in the same boat, looking for the right projector for my setup. I used projectorcentral.com but then found this website which was really helpful: https://www.projectorscreen.com/proj...en-calculators

In the right-hand column there is a projector calculator which displays throw distance and image size. It gives you an idea of where the projector needs to be for the best image and the size you will need for the best image. Good luck!

Comment

If your mounting the projector in an unheated garage and you want a quick disconnect projector mount, I would suggest looking into the Peerless PRGS-UNV Mount. It's a pretty slick set up. https://www.peerless-av.com/en-us/pr...ducts/prgs-unv. It can be bought cheaper on Amazon.

Comment

I have an optoma and it works great..

Comment

I have gone through various threads, been to projectorcentral.com for calculations, and not being very tech savvy, am getting nowhere. I am at the initial stages of my sim, but GC2 will be my LM. Due to width restrictions, 10' is the absolute max I can go. Ceilings are 9'4, and room is 15' deep, but need to account for room to swing and about 1' foot from back wall to screen/net. What is my best option (projector) for filling the screen as best as possible, good picture, and position where I won't put a club through it? The enclosure will be 11' Wide x 9' High x 5' Deep (I think). Seems short throw is my best bet? This is going to be a slow build, but any opinions on actual or similar set-ups would be highly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              X