X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foresight CG2

Hi all,

I literally just bought this thing, maybe, two months ago (the same weekend of the PGA Championship)... Yes, it's essentially brand new. If you've done the research, you already know what it's worth (and what I paid).

It will come with:
    -- the FR1 software & "Champions pack (14 courses), and necessary dongle
    -- protective case with alignment hooks
    -- carrying case (lined with foam)
    -- and possibly even the HP computer I bought to run the software.

I will post pictures later, but for now -- please let me know if there's any interest.

$7,000
    (if you want the HP computer, which is literally brand new - and was only used for the simulator - add $1,000). For mac users, you WILL need a PC...sorry, but yes, it's the only negative to owning this simulator!

Why am I selling?

We just relocated, across the country, from the northeast to California. We are in a rental now, and there are frankly no rooms in this house (including the garage) that are viable for the simulator. I use the Net Return to catch balls, and every once in awhile I'm known to hit a flyer, lol... This was fine in my garage in Philly, but not so much in an $850k rental here in California! I could set it up outside, but I'm worried about it suffering from weather/sun damage, and/or theft. I wouldn't shed tears if the net gets damaged/stolen, but a high-end simulator might bring about a little water shed, lol....

My loss is your gain. Feel free to PM me with questions.

ps... If you're close to me, I can hand-deliver. Also, I will not send the unit until your funds have cleared. I presume the best way to transact would be a direct bank transfer, or maybe a cashier's check/money order...? I guess I should do some research on the best way to accept this sort of money without risking becoming a victim of fraud! We'll see what happens...

May the best man win!

Hey everybody...

Had quite a bit of interest when I first posted this. It was pretty much narrowed down to three buyers (two seemed extremely interested) who were both at, or near, full price -- then all of them have seemingly backed out. Maybe the holidays are the culprit...?

In any case, I wanted to bump this thread for more exposure. Additionally, if it's not sold to a member of the forums by mid-late January, I think I'll post to ebay/craigslist so the rest of the world has a shot at it. My time is limited right now due to the relocation, so I'm not overly concerned with selling it ASAP, but once we're all settled in (and if not sold already) -- selling it will become a top priority.

Anyways... Feel free to throw your questions my way. Also, feel free to post your questions via the thread. I find that private messaging multiple people the same responses starts to confuse me as to who's really interested (versus those who are not), and creates unnecessary redundancy in communicating answers to all of your questions. My apologies to anybody I accidentally overlooked the first time around...

Comment

ps...

I am not interested in selling the FR1 software separately. I prefer that the buyer of the unit receive everything as a package. This package retails for $10,385 (last I checked), so this is a pretty decent discount for a BRAND NEW UNIT...

Thanks for looking!

Comment

With all the GolfSmiths closing a lot of GC2's popped up cheap. It might be why you didn't sell.
        My Courses:
        World Par 3's by mthunt
        Toronto GC (L) mthunt
        Burlington G&CC by mthunt
        Weston G&CC by mthunt
        London Hunt Club L mthunt
        Park CC Lidar mthunt
        Sunningdale GC Robinson L
        Sunningdale GC Thompson L
        Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
        Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
        The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
        The National GC L mthunt
        Mississaugua GC L mthunt
        Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
        Markland Woods CC mthunt
        Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
        Magna GC L mthunt
        Barrie CC L mthunt
        mthunt Range

Comment

Originally posted by mthunt View Post
          With all the GolfSmiths closing a lot of GC2's popped up cheap. It might be why you didn't sell.
          Somebody else mentioned that in a PM. I didn't even know GolfSmith filed chapter 11! That'll tell you how long it's been since I've had time to even think golf, lol... Too much going on with the relocation (and injuries) for me to even see a golf ball lately

Maybe I'll have to sit on it for a few months (which I don't mind doing). But I do hate the fact that I'm sitting in my office right now, staring at the box(es) -- all the while knowing that there is zero chance I can keep it

Comment

I've received a few responses about potential "transfer fees." Below is my latest response to the last person who inquired as such. Hopefully this can proactively answer any similar questions before they hit my inbox. I've left out a few words/sentences (marked with x's), to keep some info private. If anyone else has questions where they don't mind public answers, feel free to post your question to the thread and I'll do my best to answer. Conversely, if you would prefer to stay anonymous -- I'm fine with that too...

Anyways, here is my response to his question about transfer fees:

"Me: "Interesting question. I had another potential buyer actually pose the same exact question. He said that Foresight told him that there would be no charge (he was initially under the impression that there was a $500 fee). Considering he backed out, I actually emailed Foresight the same question (this morning) for clarity. If/when I hear back, I will let you know.

With that said, I'm not even sure I ever registered the unit. I tried to log in to their website this morning (before posting the bump), and when I clicked the "forgot password" link, I got a message saying "this username/email does not match our records." This, I presume, means I never registered it (which, the more I think about it, the more I lean toward it never happening).

As stated in the post, I've literally only used this thing a few times... Never even got to play a sim round. I hooked the laptop up once, literally, and played around with the driving range (that one time). On a few other occasions, I powered it 'on,' and hit balls (into the net in my garage), and just looked at the numbers the unit spit out. I'll tell you this, I found instant "fixes" to lag issues I was having, and was extremely impressed with the notion that technology could repair swing faults so efficiently (if you know what you're looking for in the numbers). I was also able to analyze my swing with different shaft/head set-ups (I have two full sets, and a few "experimental" clubs on the side). Taking a 7i, for example, I have a total of seven different shaft/head combos that I messed around with, and narrowed it down to the optimal set-up (for my swing) in just a couple of garage sessions....amazing technology man!!! Anyways, I also scrolled through a few holes (in FR1), and maybe hit a few "practice" balls on a course; but again -- never even played a single sim round.

In any case, I presume buying it from me might be synonymous with buying from them (assuming I didn't register, and thus - you can).

Either way, I will confirm the details. Before the other guy asked the question, I had no idea they (Foresight) were in the business of charging transfer fees. If it comes down to fees, I'm sure we could work something out.

If you hear back first, let me know... If they tell you something different than they told the other guy, I will call my original sales rep and see what I can do to get any fees waived. I can't imagine they'll nickel & dime us (me), especially considering the fact that my relocation situation has created an environment where I never really got to 'play' with their product.

Finally... If you decide to purchase the unit, I could potentially meet you in XXXXXX. My sister lives in XXXXXXX, so it wouldn't be a big deal for me to make the drive up. We could potentially meet at a local driving range, where you could 'test' the product, then hand over the money... I imagine you've had a chance to play around with a GC2 (they're in all the major retail outlets), so - if anything - this could be peace of mind for you, that you're receiving a legitimate product (not broken/etc...).

Anyways...just kinda' thinking out loud... Let me know if you hear from them before I do.

Thanks for reaching out!

Comment

• aeroburner
              aeroburner commented
              Editing a comment
              So if you are not registered how are you the original owner you can not pull a unit out of foresight new without it being registered, transferring is not a big thing but there is no short cut or strings you can pull the registration is 500.00 for any unit that is sold 2nd hand. good luck on selling your unit

aeroburner commented
            Today, 04:54 AM
            So if you are not registered how are you the original owner you can not pull a unit out of foresight new without it being registered, transferring is not a big thing but there is no short cut or strings you can pull the registration is 500.00 for any unit that is sold 2nd hand. good luck on selling your unit
            That might be a good question (if there were tangible merit to the thoughts you seem to be provoking), but given the nature that this dialogue is handicapped by the nature of an online forum - I'm admittedly a little confused as to the intent of your comment....

Believe me, though (just in case you're implying what I think you may be) -- I am indeed the original owner. Not that I need to prove it to you -- unless, of course, you're interested in buying (your post seems to question the integrity of my unit?) -- but I have: the invoice, the shipping & tracking emails, cleared credit card statements, and the name/number of my sales rep if "proof" comes down to it. You seem to be pretty familiar with the company, so let's throw a hypothetical in the mix to alleviate any "trust" issues you seem to be having... My rep's name was Grant... Considering he's the primary go-to for most of their sales, feel free to take this as an open invitation to query whether, or not, my unit was bought new (and if I'm indeed the original owner). You can show him this post (he's familiar with my posting on these forums), and use it as "proof" to disclose my status as a customer (and owner) of their products (specifically, the items listed in the original advertisement). While you're there, please tell him I said hello...

As for anybody else who has genuine interest, it would be completely understandable if you wanted to vet the unit, it's origin, serial number, etc... As a matter of fact, I would highly encourage you to do so. If you need any specific information (my full name/purchase date, etc.) feel free to pm me (but please; ONLY if there's genuine interest) and I'd be happy to give you any information necessary to move forward...

In any case, and while I'm here... Anybody else have pressing questions that they're willing to make public? I think I've pretty well covered most everything, but I'm sure I've missed something along the way... I'm receiving interest via pm, but feel free to post your questions here if it doesn't specifically/solely apply to you.

Thanks fellas (and ladies); and happy holidays!
            Last edited by Danielwt; 12-27-2016, 07:24 AM.

Comment

edit.......

Comment

With that said, I'm not even sure I ever registered the unit. I tried to log in to their website this morning (before posting the bump), and when I clicked the "forgot password" link, I got a message saying "this username/email does not match our records." This, I presume, means I never registered it (which, the more I think about it, the more I lean toward it never happening).
                Not interested in playing in the mud with you but this is your comment that i read from your thread and you brought up the question I really do not care if you are the owner or not that is a non issue the registration is still there for any new owners if they so choose to register and everyone here understands that, like I said good luck on your sale.

Comment

danielwt, I would not take his posts negatively. He never uses any punctuation, making it extremely difficult to truly comprehend his posts. I'm sure if he were face to face, the tenor of his thought would be less accusatory and a lot more positive.

Comment

Originally posted by aeroburner View Post
                    Not interested in playing in the mud with you but this is your comment that i read from your thread and you brought up the question I really do not care if you are the owner or not that is a non issue the registration is still there for any new owners if they so choose to register and everyone here understands that, like I said good luck on your sale.
                    In your original comment -- "...how are you the original owner you can not pull a unit out of foresight new without it being registered..." (though as eluded to by jolee above, is fairly hard to decipher tone) -- you simultaneously asked "how" -- and implied bay way of -- a notion that (in your opinion) indicates an impossibility that I am the "original owner," due to Foresight's rules/protocol. Oddly enough, I'm left to ponder the question (in rebuttal) that, "if it cannot be pulled out without being registered," how would one get their hands on the box, unpackage it, set it up, etc., in order to 'register' it in the first place? Wouldn't I need to take it out of the box, power it on, check the serial number, etc., in order to register it (like every other piece of technology ever sold)? And and such, wouldn't this negate the notion that it's 'impossible' to "...pulling a unit out of foresight new..." before registration ever happened...? Just trying to understand your thought processes; maybe jolee is correct, in that the gist of your posts are, in fact, very difficult to comprehend, rather than inflammatory in nature...

Anyways... I'm not interested in "playing in the mud" with you either, but when you start recklessly 'slinging' innuendo (pun intended) that has the possibility of devaluing my unit with potential buyers (via subconscious/subliminal psychology), I think it's fair for me to jump in the "mud" with you. You may have not intended such, but by way of your response -- the reality (again) is that you implied that I may not actually be the original owner; which, in turn -- "muddied" things up (again, pun intended).

And for the record: I didn't bring up the question of whether, or not, I am the original owner; in reality - I didn't even ask a question... Rather, I posted my response to someone else's question (extracted from pm, and done so, because more than one person has asked the same question) to proactively answer future questions about transfer fees,and the sort, before they come about. The topic questioning my integrity as the original owner by citing an "impossibility" of buying one without registration was raised by you; not me...

Again, and not that I need to beat a dead horse: I would encourage anybody spending a few thousand dollars, on anything, to vet the product/service first. I didn't spend $10k on a set up without due diligence myself, and I would never expect anything less from a buyer sitting opposite me in a similarly priced transaction. I'm more than willing to offer up any/all information necessary to provide peace-of-mind to a prospective buyer.

Happy holidays...

Comment

Daniel, Call Foresight, if you bought it two months ago, I would beg and plead with them to allow you to re-register it in a new owners name. Then you can come back and post that you have a late model (put the serial number up) and that it can be transferred with Foresight to the new owners name (likely will add $500 to what you sell it for). Update the listing to say that and my guess is that you will get someone that is will to pay you more for a nice unit that is registered with Foresight.

Good luck with you sale. Really sorry for your bad timing. Someone will be getting a great unit!

Aeroburner was just letting you know the reality of the Foresight used GC2 situation. He lost a chunk of change due to a recent policy change at Foresight. He was likely just giving you a heads up.

Comment

• Danielwt
                        Danielwt commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for the advice man... I'm not too concerned with the registration topic. I'm pretty certain that I've yet to register it (though I could be wrong), and I'm just as confident that Foresight is a reputable enough company to work with me and a prospective buyer when/if a transfer takes place. I guess I could go register it now, but that would presumably create unnecessary redundancies (agree/disagree?).

About your other piece of advice... Do you think I should power the thing up and post the serial number? I see no reason why this would be an issue, so if you (and the rest of the seasoned forum members) think it's a good idea, I'm all for it! I've actually got a few minutes right now..., so I might just follow this post up with a mini picture collage. I just need to figure out how to post it if I do! lol...

And I think you may be correct regarding Aeroburner. I've seen him around the forums, and have no ill-feelings (sounds funny saying that about someone in cyberspace, lol). The unfortunate reality, however, is that his post implied (for whatever reason) something (intentional, or not), that isn't fair in context. As a result, I had to defend the integrity of my unit, just in case it caused (or causes) unintended consequences (losing a prospective buyer over a non-issue).

I'm sure he will read over my rebuttal and understand my position...

Pix coming (I hope, lol)... Happy holidays!

• Stingreye
                        Stingreye commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think some people would want to know the following (although I think its overrated personally, all GC2s work great with TGC, even pre GC2-A units IMHO).

1) Firmware bootloader date - this tells the last time that Foresight serviced the unit. Mine says 2013, which makes sense, previous owner I think told me he bought it in early 2014 or so his story checked out while describing the unit.

2) Serial number - this just lets people know how new it is. Really serves no other purpose. Heck, the first 2 digits on the serial are plenty to let people know the age approximately is my guess.

3) GC2A - GC2A's bring more money and are in greater demand. I really wanted a GC2A when I bought mine because I thought I would use the IPAD app more. I have literally used it twice.

4) Call Foresight, you bought it recently, your buyer will appreciate it if you can inform them, yes I can transfer to you and its free or it will cost XXX. If you bought directly from Foresight, they know who you are and its registered in your name. If you bought from a dealer, I have no idea how that works.

Good luck!

Hi all... Finally found a free minute to post some pix! (the laptop is not included in the price tag, but for sale at a discount if you need one).

Apparently only the first three pix show, unless you click on the collage. In total, there are pictures of: the GC2 (unit off & on), the serial number, the software & dongle, the protective case, the carry case, and even the laptop purchase date (if you're interested in adding).

I have an email into Foresight to ask about registration and potential transfer fees. Considering it's brand new, and I haven't had time to register it, I'm hoping they'll facilitate the transfer without requiring me to register it first. My guess is a potential buyer can actually take it off my hands and be the first to register (without any fees). Wouldn't it be great to purchase a brand new unit, AND be the first to register it?!!! Don't mark my words on it, but I think this will be situation... Kinda' like a gift that I bought you (for Chirstmas) just a couple of months early.... I imagine one (like a husband, for example) could buy a GC2 as a gift for their golf-fanatic (his wife, for example), and then said golf-fanatic (the wife) could register it thereafter... This is essentially the logistics going on here (except for the fact that you must pay me for the "gift"), lol...

Anyways, let me know if you have questions!
                      Last edited by Danielwt; 12-27-2016, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingreye View Post

#12.2
                        Stingreye commented
                        Today, 11:55 AM
                        I think some people would want to know the following (although I think its overrated personally, all GC2s work great with TGC, even pre GC2-A units IMHO).

1) Firmware bootloader date - this tells the last time that Foresight serviced the unit. Mine says 2013, which makes sense, previous owner I think told me he bought it in early 2014 or so his story checked out while describing the unit.

2) Serial number - this just lets people know how new it is. Really serves no other purpose. Heck, the first 2 digits on the serial are plenty to let people know the age approximately is my guess.

3) GC2A - GC2A's bring more money and are in greater demand. I really wanted a GC2A when I bought mine because I thought I would use the IPAD app more. I have literally used it twice.

4) Call Foresight, you bought it recently, your buyer will appreciate it if you can inform them, yes I can transfer to you and its free or it will cost XXX. If you bought directly from Foresight, they know who you are and its registered in your name. If you bought from a dealer, I have no idea how that works.

Good luck!
                        Thanks again:
                        1) bootloader version is 1.8; copyright 2015 (I'll post a pic of that too).
                        2) serial number is 11173 (posted a pic above)
                        3) It is the GC2A. I actually bought the ipad app, and tested it out. My advice? Don't waste your money, lol...
                        4) Still waiting on their response. I mentioned (above), however, that the more I think about this, the more it resembles a gift-type scenario. Imagine you bought your brother a unit for Christmas... Also imagine that you're not a procrastinator, so you bought it a couple of months early... Who would be the one to register the unit? My guess is you (the purchaser) would not have to jump through hoops in order to transfer/'gift' ownership to your brother... Just thinking out loud... Thoughts?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X