SkyTrack Full Metal Jacket case - beta version available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrack Full Metal Jacket case - beta version available

I've made a case for my SkyTrack that I'm happy with - some of you have asked about buying one.

My kids want to commercialize it (12 and 15 year-olds - that watch too much Shark Tank) but for now I'm happy just to get some out to the indoor hackers that could use one.

I've put an item on ebay at $95 that covers the cost of making a batch of them (It also includes USPS shipping in the USA only.)

Included levelers adjust about 2 inches above the floor - if you want more, you can get regular 3-1/8-16 bolts.

I will make them and ship before January 15th.

FMJ Beta case for ST

Would rather not deal with international shipments - but reply below if that's a real hardship.

I just ask that you use it, and offer some feedback on the thread at:

http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...tection-shield

Happy Holidays - keep it in the short grass.

If you need ergonomic furniture - here's my company - there may very well be some where you work )

www.pbasics.com
    Click image for larger version

Name:	v2 7.jpg
Views:	1109
Size:	260.4 KB
ID:	92297

Name:	v2 8.jpg
Views:	1061
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	92299

Name:	v2 9.jpg
Views:	1075
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	92298

Name:	v2 2.jpg
Views:	1012
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	92220
    Last edited by awisnia; 12-23-2016, 06:33 PM.

Great to see that these will be available for sale. I picked one up.

Comment

Just a tip on ebay, I would change the title to Case for Skytrak Golf Simulator. I am guessing many people are searching for one with just Skytrak case and yours will not pop up. Good luck, I just bought one.

Comment

• awisnia
        awisnia commented
        Editing a comment
        understood - kept it cryptic on purpose - just a forum member co-op offer )

This may be a ridiculous question but.... has this been tested with direct shots that hit the case?
      I've got GC2s with shank tank and SkyTrak as well - never hit them and understand the testing has focused on making sure the case doesn't affect their function but.. at what point is anyone brave enough to test a direct hit? Just curious. I have no problem if the answer is no, just want to know what I'm buying into.

Comment

• V8burble
        V8burble commented
        Editing a comment
        Just to be really clear I'm not wishing to be negative. I just need to know what risk still remains. Thanks for the lighting quick response

• awisnia
        awisnia commented
        Editing a comment
        Understood - long day

• awisnia
        awisnia commented
        Editing a comment
        UPDATE - added Global Shipping via ebay

Originally posted by V8burble View Post
      This may be a ridiculous question but.... has this been tested with direct shots that hit the case?
      I've got GC2s with shank tank and SkyTrak as well - never hit them and understand the testing has focused on making sure the case doesn't affect their function but.. at what point is anyone brave enough to test a direct hit? Just curious. I have no problem if the answer is no, just want to know what I'm buying into.
      I'm interested in the same thing. The plastic case provided by skytrak is proven to be ineffective if struck by a ball. Is there any proof that this is more effective? I really want better protection for my skytrak!

Comment

• awisnia
        awisnia commented
        Editing a comment
        Have not tested this - in my case the ball went right through the window on the skytrak case and hit the lens. I wanted to make sure that couldn't happen again. The steel is 16 ga (.060) and there's an air gap between the case and the Skytrak. It seems right to me, but I obviously can't say I've done destructive testing with my skytrak in the thing. So the answer is indeed, "no". Really wasn't planing on launching a venture here - with $15 to the postal service, making a batch of 25 or so on a half-a-million dollar laser, I'm just hoping to cover the cost.

I am interested but am from Canada would you be willing to ship. Just usps mail would work. Also is there foam inserts in it for cushion if a ball does hit it??

Comment

• awisnia
        awisnia commented
        Editing a comment
        no foam - screwed to bottom

• awisnia
        awisnia commented
        Editing a comment
        UPDATE - added Global Shipping

Guys - this is what it is: http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...tection-shield the whole story

Not trying to bring it to market, just thought it would be fun to share and cover my nut on a batch of them.

I'll make them next week and ship before new year's if enough jump on.

Between one guy's issues, and the questions, it's getting "not fun"
      Last edited by awisnia; 12-23-2016, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• V8burble
        V8burble commented
        Editing a comment
        Genuinely sorry if my question is one of those. I think it's great what you (and others are doing), it needs protection and what you have done looks great. thank you.

• awisnia
        awisnia commented
        Editing a comment
        please, no...it was a long day )

added Canada option for shipping. G-day boys.

Comment

Thank you for offering this case. Just placed my order. This is one case that is worth $95. So happy can not wait for it to come in.

Comment

Ordered one up as well. Looks great. Thanks for all of your efforts.

Comment

Hi, are you willing to ship to the Netherlands, Europe?

Comment

• awisnia
              awisnia commented
              Editing a comment
              working on it

• awisnia
              awisnia commented
              Editing a comment
              all set - ebay worldwide service

Hi! Just recently bought a skytrak. Your product looks brilliant and I'd definitely be interested in buying one if you would be willing to post to the UK? (Would be a great christmas present for myself lol). I'm really enjoying being able to hit balls in my garage but would be lying if I didn't say I'm a bit concerned about shanking one and damaging the skytrak. I have the protective plastic case already but I'm not sure what it's supposed to protect the skytrak from...dust perhaps?

Comment

• awisnia
              awisnia commented
              Editing a comment
              will figure it out - hang tight

• awisnia
              awisnia commented
              Editing a comment
              UPDATE - added Global Shipping on ebay

I appreciate the work you put in on this. The unit looks awesome and in all honesty I really hope I dont have to test it out! Thanks again!!!!!

Comment

awisnia, can ship to Hong Kong? I'll pay for the shipping if necessary. Thanks.

And thanks for the awesome work on this!

Comment

• awisnia
                awisnia commented
                Editing a comment
                working on that

• awisnia
                awisnia commented
                Editing a comment
                yes - ebay global will do it

I'll echo the thanks from everyone else here! Talked my dad into ordering one for our setup.

Comment

Working...
              X