SkyTrack Full Metal Jacket case - beta version available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrack Full Metal Jacket case - beta version available

I've made a case for my SkyTrack that I'm happy with - some of you have asked about buying one.

My kids want to commercialize it (12 and 15 year-olds - that watch too much Shark Tank) but for now I'm happy just to get some out to the indoor hackers that could use one.

I've put an item on ebay at $95 that covers the cost of making a batch of them (It also includes USPS shipping in the USA only.)

Included levelers adjust about 2 inches above the floor - if you want more, you can get regular 3-1/8-16 bolts.

I will make them and ship before January 15th.

FMJ Beta case for ST

Would rather not deal with international shipments - but reply below if that's a real hardship.

I just ask that you use it, and offer some feedback on the thread at:

http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...tection-shield

Happy Holidays - keep it in the short grass.

If you need ergonomic furniture - here's my company - there may very well be some where you work )

www.pbasics.com
    Click image for larger version

Name:	v2 7.jpg
Views:	1115
Size:	260.4 KB
ID:	92297

Name:	v2 8.jpg
Views:	1065
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	92299

Name:	v2 9.jpg
Views:	1079
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	92298

Name:	v2 2.jpg
Views:	1017
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	92220
    Last edited by awisnia; 12-23-2016, 06:33 PM.

Ordered around 3:30 today. Can't wait to get it. The ST bundle I ordered came with the plastic case but when the ST arrived today they had a note that the cases were back ordered. Hope to get this soon so I can start using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• awisnia
      awisnia commented
      Editing a comment
      My son packed a bunch yesterday, so the mailman will take it Friday AM - please feedback how it works for you.

I'm in the uk,received a few days ago, looks really lovely, just about to try it out, been thinking about this though, not a physicist but I'm still not confident tha a massive shank would be protected by this, I mean it would stop it from shatttering but the shock would surely kill it. But, I do think screwing the fmj to a plank of wood would absorb the shock and stop the thing from moving ( leave the unit in loosely)

Comment

• pwade3
      pwade3 commented
      Editing a comment
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHApAoCZrp8 Check this out. Might make you feel better.

• Jasonstanley
      Jasonstanley commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not putting the jacket down,it's 10 times better than having nothing and a must purchase. I think it's an issue with any protection that's not somehow shock absorbed. I've seen that video, my shanks have a few miles per hour ball speed!😬

Just got confirmation that my FMJ has been delivered to my house. I'm at work, but feel like a kid on Christmas eve! I can't wait to get home, I got my ST a week and a half ago and played with real golf balls that night, but not since because I'm too freaked out. So I've been playing with almost golf balls and foam ones, but excited to see if distance changes using a real ball now that I'll feel 100% comfortable. I'll give feedback when I get a chance, thanks for the quick turnaround time!

Comment

Any chance of more being made?

Comment

Awesome..thank you..I purchased it

Comment

UPDATE 1/17/17

Oops, just hit the ebay monthly selling limit with these

Ebay will not raise the limit for me until Sunday.

Should be back on line by Monday.

PM me if you want something in the mail sooner.
        Last edited by awisnia; 01-18-2017, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Just received the FMJ v4 today...great work...solid production, hit about 100 shots, only 1 misread, but I'm blaming that on WGT not FMJ. A must buy for any ST owner!

Comment

My order got in?

Comment

Got the FMJ yesterday and tried it out today. It's awesome, just awesome. Now I can let my son practice with it and not have my sphincter in a knot the whole time. Thanks for doing this.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

• awisnia
              awisnia commented
              Editing a comment
              ckeller52 Awesome - thanks for sharing the photo. My 12-year-old (who packs the orders) has the same freedom on our Skytrak now.

Awisnia.. either A.S. or S.F not sure how Ebay was set up..going to Niagara Falls,NY

Comment

• awisnia
              awisnia commented
              Editing a comment
              Schlueter waiting for the post man Thursday morning pickup

Got mine pretty amazed at quality laser cut pretty damn nice even better when my son made it ping ...I would never lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great thank you very much for making these

Comment

• awisnia
                awisnia commented
                Editing a comment
                love your ebay name, btw

When's the next batch going to be available?

Comment

Awesome job with these. My new skytrak is on it's way and I would like to purchase a FMJ case. Can I PayPal you directly of should I wait for you to get back to eBay?

Comment

Sent my paypal earlier this afternoon, excited to see the case in person!

Thanks again for providing such a product!

Comment

Working...
                  X