Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with my Flightscope Xi. Apps crashing

I bought a used Flightscope Xi on Ebay.

Now i having trouble to set it up to function. There seems to be some really weird stuff going on.

I have tried with 3 different apps. (ALL ANDROID)

FlightsSope VX
    FlightScope Xi
    FlightScope Skills App

Non of these app can confirm camera alignment, but im not sure if that is something needed to be done? When i enter the "align camera" the only thing i can choose is exit or zoom. And when i press zoom i jump right out of the align camera settings. When i watched a youtube video is says that there should be a button that says "done" when aligning the camera thru ball and target line..But nothing like that in my apps.

* FlightScope VX App = Can't even start the "armed" "ready to measure mode" And cannot confirm the camera alignment

* FlightScope Xi App = The first thing that happens when launching the app it says ""flightscope smUnknown models are not supported by skills Xi application." And cannot confirm the camera alignment

* FlightScope Skills App = Same thing here, cannot confirm the camera alignment. And as soon as i start the app andriod tells my that the app has crashed on both my Tablet and my Phone.

Getting a lot of different errors and sometimes the phone or tablet freezes for a while..

And i also getting these messages: The unit will not be able to automatically level the snsor Please manually level the sensor for optimal measurements the acceptable tilt range is 8 to 15 degrees"

I did just now try the skills app thru Apple and the first thing it said was: "Fligthscope unknown models are not supported by the FS skills application"

I just pressed OK and then tried to align the camera. The "done" button was there on the Iphone but not on andriod. But still when i took the picture for alignment and then pressed "play" a big sign come on the screen "! Adjust tilt!" i tried to go to settings and Relevel the device but nothing happens when pressing the button..
    ​​​​​​​
    Any ideas on how i can get it to work would be MUCH appreciated.
    Last edited by msgn; 02-18-2017, 04:01 PM.

opdate firmware maby

Comment

• msgn
      msgn commented
      Editing a comment
      Shouldn't that do it automatically? Or how do i do it manually??

Shouldn't that do it automatically? Or how do i do it manually?

Comment

Shouldn't there be a button "done" like it is on the Iphone? Or is it just to align the camera and press exit?

Comment

• sorensen
        sorensen commented
        Editing a comment
        it is only to aim the xi to target, exsit when done

Did you register with Flightscope? I thought they had some type of transfer fee requirement.

Comment

I haven't tried using the Android app, so can't speak for that but camera alignment for VX apps in conjunction with Xi models is not the best practice. It will work great if you have the X2 models with built in camera because you can swivel the radar and confirm its direction. Since Xi models don't have the built in camera, tablet camera becomes the default camera. Go behind your radar, place and align your tablet on top of the radar and align the tablet camera with the letter "S" of FlightScope logo. You have to make sure that two surfaces are perfectly aligned up. You do not have to confirm it. Just align the line to your tee area and the distant target.This is suppose to be the best way to align your FlightScope. I find it inaccurate, so what I do is pick a distant target and see what my side reading are saying in relation to where the ball landed. If I hit it dead on target but my sensor reads 3 yards left, I rotate it slightly to the right. I do this until I get it right and that seems to work the best. Forget about indoor. Too difficult so I eyeball it.

In terms of your radar not connecting, it might be a corrupted app or firmware. The latest firmware was in December so you might want to check it out. Also, if you have used multiple tablets to connect with your radar, make sure you turn off the WiFi or forget the WiFi connection on other tablets. Sometime it connects to other tablets during the session if they are too close.

​​​​​​Btw, I would recommend using an iPad over Android. Also, Android app was only designed for a tablet and not on a phone. You did download it from the Google Play and connected the radar with the serial number right?
        Last edited by CaddyDaddy; 02-21-2017, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• msgn
          msgn commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for your comment. I have solved the problem now.

• sorensen
          sorensen commented
          Editing a comment
          What was wrong then ??

Originally posted by CaddyDaddy View Post
        I haven't tried using the Android app, so can't speak for that but camera alignment for VX apps in conjunction with Xi models is not the best practice. It will work great if you have the X2 models with built in camera because you can swivel the radar and confirm its direction. Since Xi models don't have the built in camera, tablet camera becomes the default camera. Go behind your radar, place and align your tablet on top of the radar and align the tablet camera with the letter "S" of FlightScope logo. You have to make sure that two surfaces are perfectly aligned up. You do not have to confirm it. Just align the line to your tee area and the distant target.This is suppose to be the best way to align your FlightScope. I find it inaccurate, so what I do is pick a distant target and see what my side reading are saying in relation to where the ball landed. If I hit it dead on target but my sensor reads 3 yards left, I rotate it slightly to the right. I do this until I get it right and that seems to work the best. Forget about indoor. Too difficult so I eyeball it.

In terms of your radar not connecting, it might be a corrupted app or firmware. The latest firmware was in December so you might want to check it out. Also, if you have used multiple tablets to connect with your radar, make sure you turn off the WiFi or forget the WiFi connection on other tablets. Sometime it connects to other tablets during the session if they are too close.

​​​​​​Btw, I would recommend using an iPad over Android. Also, Android app was only designed for a tablet and not on a phone. You did download it from the Google Play and connected the radar with the serial number right?
        2 different Things, you need to calibrate your tablet camera to xi, then your aim also fit Go to Flight Scope facebook page, see their video, very good explanation

Comment

• msgn
          msgn commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks a lot sorensen!

• Hotbaws
          Hotbaws commented
          Editing a comment
          msgn

What was involved in the Firmware fix?

• CaddyDaddy
          CaddyDaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the link. Never knew what that calibration was all about so never have done it. I will try it on my next session.

I figured. New post as I think there are many who do not know it

Comment

Working...
        X