Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found new case on Ebay, who here made this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found new case on Ebay, who here made this?

Get the best deals on Golf Swing Trainers when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices.

Looks pretty cool.

I agree...looks great. Purchased one will see how it looks when it gets here. Not sure if I need to worry about the back being open, and also how the device stays stable in there.

Comment

I had made something similar for personal use but messed up my measurements for the camera holes slightly. I also used thicker acrylic to try and make it stronger but I think that interfered with the edge of the pictures. I ended up finding a used metal shield from foresight for $35 on ebay so I abandoned this case.

This one is actually a pretty clever design using the interlocking pieces. It will be interesting to hear what Ericft has to say about it! Hopefully the interlocking pieces are sturdy enough to provide protection.

Comment

I assumed the creator was a member on here, as there is TGC on his sim in the background...we'll see. Eric, let us know how it goes. Looks more "finished" for a sim room than my metal shield.

Comment

I agree it looks more finished. Hopefully the camera holes will be spot on. I have a metal shield as well but prefer the way this allows the entire screen to be visible and the screen to be elevated. Will let you all know when I get it.

Comment

Hmm.. I need a case and was going to go with that protective shield... but this looks like a good idea!

Comment

• Joko
              Joko commented
              Editing a comment
              Bought one! Thanks for posting this. Looks like a great solution.

no this is not a forum member on this, he did purchase a GC2 from me and a TGC also so he is a great guy did not expect the text this morning from him asking if I was interested in buying one of these. so i moved forward and got one from him as i feel i should return the favor for what he bought from me and it is a very nice case.

Comment

Guys that get them.... let us know the feedback.. Thanks Gregg

Comment

I would be concerned about a ball flying back off my frame and hitting the back side of this. That is where the camera and all other "expensive" parts of the gc2 sit. Anyone else concerned about this?

Comment

• Ericft
                  Ericft commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am for sure. But with my kids I don't think they will hit the frame with any force to come back from the frame to hit the back...famous last words i'm sure

I'm Bryan.

Comment

this is no different then the plastic shroud that foresight offers if anything it has more protection, the metal case that foresight offers is bullet proof for sure but is not usable if you have HMT and its FUGLY, and it should be used for sure with kids or drunken friends, but not my cup of tea

Comment

• docsmilez
                    docsmilez commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Haha, fugly is fore sure. Even with the Metal case I have from foresight, I stuck a plastic cover over the screen. I still cringed every time a ball would bounce on it. So I went ahead and built a canopy box around the GC2+Metal case to catch the balls from hitting it.

Anybody receive this yet? Looking at the ebay pictures, it appears the camera holes in the acrylic are too high.

Comment

Wow... Those look pretty sweet! I have the metal case, but these are much more attractive.

Comment

Got mine. Love the look. The cameras fit perfect. The power cable doesn't. Will need to tweak it slightly. But so far I like it

Comment

let me know i will let Jaime know on what needs to be done to improve

Comment

• Andyman33
                          Andyman33 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I've been talking to him
                      Working...
                      X