GcQuad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GcQuad

Just found out from a reliable souce that the GcQuad will not be Bluetooth compatible which will not work with 3rd party software. and the fsx software price increased from 2500.00 to 3000.00. The gcQuad will only work with fsx. Also the price for the GcQuad will start at 11000.00 stand alone. But then there will be a camera activation charge of 5000.00. So 19000.00 will be the total retail cost.

Just lot a bunch of new business.....................

Comment

Geezus. I think GC2 + HMT will be fine then for the foreseeable future. Now I just need to wait a year for an HMT.

Comment

Another example of make it up as you go pricing. Here is the email price quote from Foresight.
        Premium Options
        GCQuad with all functions, ball data, club data, and software: $17,995.00
        GCQuad with all ball data, and software, but club data limited to head speed and smash factor: $13,995.00

Original GC Smart Line
        GC2 Smart Camera System with software: $8,995.00
        HMT attachment for club data adds $5,500.00

Comment

Nothing new here. 11 k gets you the quad with gc2 functionality only. 15k gets you the fulllyy functional quad similar to gc2/HMT. However the quad as a unit requires FSX at $3000. For those of us that already have fsx that I used with my old gc2/HMT it's 15 total minus the trade in value of our old units. I suspect the units traded in will be revamped and the Bluetooth removed and wifi added. They clearly want to avoid people from using third party software which personally I'm ok with. My quad is in route for delivery this week.

Comment

The reason the are excepting trades is exactly for that purpose. They are going to have a refurbish program. Gc2s used with limited warranty for 5k. Remove bluetooth so you are limited to fsx only. Hey if I had the money I'd upgrade too, but unfortunately I dont. Buy my system setup is great as is and I'm 100 satisfied. Foresight makes a great product. They really do.. !!!

Comment

the refurbish program was always in the works and i pointed that out a while ago on wait for the foresight announcement in January, This is why they were so pissed at Golfsmith GC2 bankruptcy. Bluetooth will be in a firmware upgrade in the near future but will be heavily encrypted

Comment

Aero, I have the 3.5.1 firmware that mthunt sent me and it works flawless. I know you would get through any thing encrypted and let us know about it.

Comment

we are talking the GCQ Tony, there will be nothing to worry about with owners of the GC2 everything is ok

Comment

Thanks for the re assurance...

Comment

Working...
                    X