GC2 using TGC - Input Disconnected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC2 using TGC - Input Disconnected

Has anyone had problems with the input on GSX? I have my GC2 set up with Pro Tee running TGC and it's been working for months but now suddenly when I slide from off to on on GSX the input stays as disconnected. Output moves to connected properly. Nothing has changed in my set up, wiring, distance from my computer to the GC2 so I'm lost. Any suggestions appreciated!
    Last edited by GarryB58; 02-10-2017, 02:53 AM.

That happens. I usually delete the GC2 from Bluetooth then add it again and it works. Another guy said hit a shot they try it again.
    My Courses:
    World Par 3's by mthunt
    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
    Weston G&CC by mthunt
    London Hunt Club L mthunt
    Park CC Lidar mthunt
    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
    The National GC L mthunt
    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
    Markland Woods CC mthunt
    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
    Magna GC L mthunt
    Barrie CC L mthunt
    mthunt Range

Comment

Sometimes after your cptr updates it will lose the. Luetooth DRIver, check the Bluetooth.connections

Comment

Thanks. Do you have simple instructions on how to check the Bluetooth connection or how to delete it and add it back in? It's been a while since I set it up! Thanks.

Comment

Click the Bluetooth icon, click the gc2 then delete. Then click add device and click the gc2 and pair. When prompted for a password click enter. No password.
          My Courses:
          World Par 3's by mthunt
          Toronto GC (L) mthunt
          Weston G&CC by mthunt
          Park CC Lidar mthunt
          The National GC L mthunt
          Mississaugua GC L mthunt
          Markland Woods CC mthunt
          Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
          Magna GC L mthunt
          Barrie CC L mthunt
          mthunt Range

Comment

Happened once for me (just got the gc2 last week) and a computer restart fixed it for me right away. But will try the bluetooth thing as well if it happens again, restarting the PC isnt a viable solution midway through a round obviously. Only a one time thing for me so far though

Comment

Iron, you lost connectivity mid round? I've never seen that.
              My Courses:
              World Par 3's by mthunt
              Toronto GC (L) mthunt
              Weston G&CC by mthunt
              Park CC Lidar mthunt
              The National GC L mthunt
              Mississaugua GC L mthunt
              Markland Woods CC mthunt
              Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
              Magna GC L mthunt
              Barrie CC L mthunt
              mthunt Range

Comment

Originally posted by mthunt View Post
                Iron, you lost connectivity mid round? I've never seen that.
                Yes and no. Was playing with my old man the other day and the battery ran out mid round, so thats what caused the disconnection. After plugging it in and then turning it back on I had the same deal where the one part (cant remember if it was the input or output) would say connected but the other disconnected. Slid the slider back and forth in gsx and nothing changed.

I looked at the bluetooth at the time but it still said it was paired with the gc2, so didnt think about trying to unpair and re-pair it. That may have fixed it, but new to the gc2 and didnt realize. So restarted the pc and all connected well again. Will try the bluetooth in the future though

Comment

• goatbarn
                  goatbarn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sometimes you need to actually hit a ball with it unconnected in GSX, then try connecting again and it works. Maybe this refreshes the GC2 and it attempts to reconnect when asked via PC.

Originally posted by goatbarn View Post
                Sometimes you need to actually hit a ball with it unconnected in GSX, then try connecting again and it works. Maybe this refreshes the GC2 and it attempts to reconnect when asked via PC.
                Ah, not bad. Would have never of thought hitting one with it disconnected would kinda reset everything. I knew I was going to have to figure out some other solution then restarting the PC each time. That would just be infuriating. Will 100% try this as well next time it happens. Glad Garry asked this.

Comment

yes once that low battery count down happens there is no stopping it goat is right on getting it to reconnect or restart GSX

Comment

Thanks everyone. Sure enough it was the Bluetooth. I'm using one called Asus which was one of the ones recommended for an optimal set up. When I checked the list of Bluetooth drivers it had the dreaded X over it. I tried updating it but that didn't work. So I uninstalled it entirely and then went onto the World Wide Web Internet Thingy and re-downloaded the driver. I then re-started the whole shebang and PRESTO it's all connected again. I hope this information helps everyone. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. If only you all had equally good advice for how to make sure my swing comes in at a lower attack angle with consistency!

Comment

• goatbarn
                      goatbarn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Tee every club up on a 4" tee. Where is my prize?

When that happens I always hit a shot with it disconnected. Then I move the slider and boom connects right away. I have a targus 4.0 bluetooth and works great..

Comment

Working...
                    X