GC2 numbers off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC2 numbers off?

Question for the gc2 users out the and/ or anyone familiar with the flight scope trajectory optimizer and even more curious the results on optimal flight as I hear this is what the gc2 possibly uses as their algorithm (if someone can run the numbers for me). I've tried downloading optimal flight myself but keep getting a message about needed macros enabled and all and gave up for the night. I'm sure I can get it going but figured I'd pick some minds here.

I'm running the 4.0.0.15 firmware right now, have tried the 3.5 one as well and saw similar results.

Emailed foresight about this too and they said they believe everything is working as it should. But just curious if everyone else is getting the same type of readings (especially with optimum flight).

The gc2 screen readouts compared to the flightscope analyzer I figured would be closer then I'm seeing. I'm seeing 3-5 yards short every time in the gc2 and sometimes up to 7 yards.

I know gc2 doesn't use the same algorithm as flight scope analyzer but just felt like still a pretty big difference for programs meant to do the same thing.

So anyone else getting these type of results and I'm just over thinking it and these differences are within reason or does something seem a bit off?

Also just recently tried it with the skytrak today at the same time and was consistently getting 2 or 3 more mph ball speed on that and 3-6 yards more carry.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1139
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	106663

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	946
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	106664

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	978
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	106665

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	875
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	106666

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	952
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	106667

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	842
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	106668

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	945
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	106669

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	917
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	106670

Originally posted by Snaphook View Post
    A good way to test is to have a friend standing on a green you are hitting in to. After each shot he can go over to the pitchmark and laser the distance to you.
    This can be done with a driver aswell. Just make sure you are on a level hole and there is no wind. (Depending on your skill level you might want to give him a helmet :-)
    I find the GC2 very accurate, except the really low spin drives, wich are overestimated in carry.

Haha maybe only on a really good day I can peg him down.

Yea I'm definitely gonna try this at some point soon. It's tough to get a spot where their is practically 0 wind. And that's what I'm really gonna need to have to check if there really is a 3-7 yard short discrepancy. 7 yards is fairly noticeable, but most of my shots are in the 3-5 yard short territory, definitely tougher to notice.

Comment

Was curious on my 5 wood and heres and example i just got. I know its flightscope again and not optimal flight, but they are really that different? Jeez

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	107218

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	107219

Comment

Here are Optimal Flight numbers for your shot - basically same carry as GC2. You have great ballspeed for a 5W or even a 3W and should be hitting it 25yds further. The problem is your backspin at 5k is causing low carry. I also showed where this shot would carry if you dropped your spin down. Seeing your ballsped, I am sure you hit it a lot further on occasions when you don't hit down and create so much backspin.

Also here is a Trackman PGA TOur Average that shows some averages for each club. You shold pay attention to ballspeed and the spin rates for each club when you are quesetioning your numbers.

Comment

• Taylor40299
          Taylor40299 commented
          Editing a comment
          I loved that chart I would have to admit I do think I am hitting it lower inside than I do outside. Just a feeling but the launch numbers seem low. I think I might be a little closed at impact and maybe steep. I'm afraid of hitting ceiling and the s word. Don't have up protection yet. And yes I have done some miner damage. Drywall is easy to fix. Going to paint and carpet any way. Just trying to find the best spot to permanently set up sim.

I think I finally got this uploaded. This is my new data since raising the GC2 and inch above ball surface. 5 wood. After looking at the second chart I unfortunately am hitting the ball with launch numbers very similar to the "pros". BUT it appears that is probably to low to get for best carry distances. Trust me I am no pro and don't mean to imply any thing of the sort. Just know that most people I play with think I'm longer than most and hit it high. My PW numbers were 110 and launched at less than 29 degrees. Seemed low for a 48 degree club. Definitely and quickly learning to appreciate the numbers the GC2 gives. Complete bonus for me. I bought because I believed it to be the best choice for my application.
        Last edited by Taylor40299; 02-26-2017, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Js1010 View Post
          Here are Optimal Flight numbers for your shot - basically same carry as GC2. You have great ballspeed for a 5W or even a 3W and should be hitting it 25yds further. The problem is your backspin at 5k is causing low carry. I also showed where this shot would carry if you dropped your spin down. Seeing your ballsped, I am sure you hit it a lot further on occasions when you don't hit down and create so much backspin.

Also here is a Trackman PGA TOur Average that shows some averages for each club. You shold pay attention to ballspeed and the spin rates for each club when you are quesetioning your numbers.
          Thank you again, that's crazy that optimal flight is that different, but it's dead on again to what I'm seeing it seems

​​​​​​Makes sense with the spin being up that high getting those carry numbers.

On a different note I have no idea how these dudes launch angles are that low, the only way I get them anywhere near those numbers is when I feel like I'm hitting a punch stinger shot and even then it may be exactly on the average, not much lower. So that could also be part of my iron woes. A normal 9 iron for me is much more than the 20 degree average they are getting, hell my 7 iron is usually a little higher than 20 degrees often too i think.

Flightscope shot analyzer seems busted and way off now. Someone isnt calculating something right somewhere. I guess when its free you cant expect it to be perfect though

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor40299 View Post
            Update. I raised the GC2 about an inch above the hitting surface today. It increased yardage by about 10 yards a club. An inlaw came over today to check it out because I was complaining about distances. His shot were a club short as well. We tried raising the unit and both noticed an difference immediately. If you factor in sea level for a few yards as well I think it is very close. When I'm in Florida I feel a about a 3/4 club short. I would post my numbers but don't now how to get pic into thread. As I mentioned before could not get my 5 wood to carry more than about 203. Now I carry it 230. Short and mid irons did not see but about 10 yard increase.
            Interesting results with just that little change. Ill have to give raising the GC2 up a go myself and see what happens. Have it a tiny bit above mat height right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Js1010 View Post
              Gc2 - find yardages good overall except when you get in a lower spin range for a given club. So sub 2k for Driver will yield longer carry than I think is real. I see this myself as I tend to hit up on my driver and get a lot of low spin drives. You can also look at just about any Rick Shiels driver video on youtube.
              +1 on this. I usually spin it about 2100-2700, and last night I totally duffed one with low ball speed and only 1700 spin. I thought I'd be lucky to fly it 200yds. Jnpg algorithm said 189 carry while the GC2 readout said 244! I laughed. It would be nice if they'd adjust the algorithm on the low spinners.

Comment

Working...
              X