FSX v3.0 - out now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSX v3.0 - out now

Just got an email from Foresight with the update.

This update includes the following:
    • Connectivity option for the GCQuad & device connection improvements
    • Basic installation comes with 4 more courses (see below)
    • GCQuad barometer integration
    • New in game stats table added in improve mode
    • Green grid improvements
    • My Performance is now re-branded to “FSX Live”
    • Language updates
    • Improved full screen mode for better performance
    • Various bug fixes/stability improvements

+ New NetPlay BETA Feature:

This is a new feature that has been in testing and is now rolling out for the first time with v3.0.0. We are very confident in its performance during our testing and want to offer this now in BETA form to allow our users the option to play online. This will require each machine have a valid copy of the course in use.

This update includes the following:
    • Connectivity option for the GCQuad & device connection improvements
    • Basic installation comes with 4 more courses (see below)
    • GCQuad barometer integration
    • New in game stats table added in improve mode
    • Green grid improvements
    • My Performance is now re-branded to “FSX Live”
    • Language updates
    • Improved full screen mode for better performance
    • Various bug fixes/stability improvements

+ New NetPlay BETA Feature:

This is a new feature that has been in testing and is now rolling out for the first time with v3.0.0. We are very confident in its performance during our testing and want to offer this now in BETA form to allow our users the option to play online. This will require each machine have a valid copy of the course in use.

Copied and pasted that on my phone as I'm away from home. Seems to have gone a bit wrong... but you get the idea!

Looking forward to trying it out soon.

Comment

Maybe my green grid will actually work now

Comment

I installed and play a quick nine. Bluetooth connects instantly now which is nice. I didn't really notice a graphical improvements so if they are there it is very subtle. They don't mention anything about that either. I didn't mess with the green grid but it defaulted to brighter color.

Comment

Its nice that are giving us 4 new courses for free... very unexpected, but nice. Makes FSX a better value proposition.

Comment

just downloaded my 3.0 what courses did they give out i did not see this, will try this out as the graphics look a lot better, but did not see anyone in net play.

Comment

never mind these came out a bit ago i have them already

Comment

Tested it for 4 holes and had the gc2 stop responding twice. Also found that Teton pines hole one has grass blades that send your ball backwards like hitting a tree. Awesome....

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan5508 View Post
                  Tested it for 4 holes and had the gc2 stop responding twice. Also found that Teton pines hole one has grass blades that send your ball backwards like hitting a tree. Awesome....
                  Did you report this to Foresight?
                  I reported a bug the other day in V2.4 where my GC2 lost connection. I had to save my round and close / open FSX - then resume my saved game. Any holes I played after that (plus another full round of a different course) weren't saved in My Performance.
                  According to My Performance I played 7 holes... where in fact I played 36!

Comment

Do you think there is a significant graphic improvement with FSX compare to FR1? I played Teton Pines. I wanted to really like it and say there was a huge step up compared to FR1. However based on playing one FSX course I am unable to come to that conclusion. Perhaps other FSX courses show off FSX graphics capability. Another observation is that the graphics that are appreciated in short distances (FSX and FR1)are very good. For instance if I am hitting a shot out of the rough, the weeds, trees, bushes near me are well represented and realistic. However if on tee box or fairway and looking 100 plus yards down course the graphics loose their realism.

Comment

Downloaded FSX tonight and trying to connect to gc2 but don't have the Bluetooth icon. It's paired with windows. Anyone know what I'm overlooking?

Comment

• mmlincon
                        mmlincon commented
                        Editing a comment
                        are you opening the icon on the bottom right?

• Yongchai
                        Yongchai commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Is this your first time installing FSX? If so, i think the problem would be that you have not installed drivers.

All Foresight Sports software resources - including recent downloads, user guides/video and other support-related resources.

Or perhaps you have previously connected the GC2 to a phone/tablet, so if you have those with you, the GC2 is automatically connecting to those first. Easiest way to solve this is to turn off bluetooth for your phone/tablet.

I don't know if you're overlooking anything. When 3.0.0 came out I could connect almost instantly with bluetooth. They released 3.0.1 and it's back to the day and half to connect on bluetooth like 2.4. Honestly, it's quite clear to me that they don't know this technology. Very frustrating for what should be simple implementation.

Comment

brock When you click on the picture of the GC2 in the bottom, it'll load a 'launch monitors' screen.
                        Click on the 'filter' button, and make sure Bluetooth is selected.
                        When I updated to V3.0.1, mine wasn't selected, so it wouldn't see my GC2.

As mmlincon says, V3.0.1 takes an eternity to connect by Bluetooth. It honestly takes 10+ minutes.
                        If you experience this, please email Foresight and let them know. I was complaining about it in V2.4, and from their response - I was only person with this issue. The more than complain, the more likely they are to address it.

Comment

Originally posted by p3eps View Post
                          brock When you click on the picture of the GC2 in the bottom, it'll load a 'launch monitors' screen.
                          Click on the 'filter' button, and make sure Bluetooth is selected.
                          When I updated to V3.0.1, mine wasn't selected, so it wouldn't see my GC2.

As mmlincon says, V3.0.1 takes an eternity to connect by Bluetooth. It honestly takes 10+ minutes.
                          If you experience this, please email Foresight and let them know. I was complaining about it in V2.4, and from their response - I was only person with this issue. The more than complain, the more likely they are to address it.
                          That solved it and it connected immediately. V3.0.1 is not showing up in my downloads but it sounds like I may want to wait anyway. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X