FR1 courses from a golfsmith PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR1 courses from a golfsmith PC

Copied 6-courses from an inop GS pc. (hard drive is still good.) When I use FR1 and try to play one of these it doesn't give an option to "next". Anyone have any success moving courses between computers? I got the gc2 & pc both from GS and have a working version of FR1 with range and 1-course on new computer.

Stick your "working" hard drive in a working computer and copy, to a USB stick, the whole Foresight folder from the program(x86) folder. Use the usb stick to load the copied folder to the program(x86) folder in your sim computer. Use the Foresight file in the Foresight folder to start the sim or make a shortcut to the desktop.

If this doesn't work you are screwing something up as quite a few people have gone this route with success.

Comment

The sim pc has a built-in hotbay drive that I can plug the GS hd directly into - it shows up as a G: drive. From there opened both foresight folders and dragged & dropped all contents into the c: program(x86), skipping all files I already had. The courses show up now in my list but no option to play the new ones.

Oh well, I ordered fsx last week and should have it Monday. Just wanted to make use of this old pc but it's looking like a loud dusty paperweight. At least having FR1 this short time cut the price of fsx in half.

Comment

Originally posted by brock View Post
        The sim pc has a built-in hotbay drive that I can plug the GS hd directly into - it shows up as a G: drive. From there opened both foresight folders and dragged & dropped all contents into the c: program(x86), skipping all files I already had. The courses show up now in my list but no option to play the new ones.

Oh well, I ordered fsx last week and should have it Monday. Just wanted to make use of this old pc but it's looking like a loud dusty paperweight. At least having FR1 this short time cut the price of fsx in half.
        You didn't follow the instructions. You have to copy/paste the whole Foresight folder. Somewhere in the copied files is whatever code allows you to access all the courses in the course file. Just copying the course file doesn't' allow access during FR1 course selection. .

Comment

Copied/pasted. No luck. Had to reinstall FR1 to get it working again. A handful of audio files had errors transferring (birds chirping, light rain, etc) so maybe one of the embedded permissions files has errors too. Thanks though.

Comment

Curious, if one can just copy the course folder from PC to PC, what's stopping people from buying the 1 course package and then just downloading the other courses via torrent or something like that from another user who has more courses? Just blown away how the community hasn't gotten around the extreme pricing for this software. I'll be running TGC only so not really interested but thought I'd ask why this hasn't been done yet. Maybe it is.....just on the downlow.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronsc1985 View Post

You didn't follow the instructions. You have to copy/paste the whole Foresight folder. Somewhere in the copied files is whatever code allows you to access all the courses in the course file. Just copying the course file doesn't' allow access during FR1 course selection. .
              After checking again this morning it appears that copy/pasting did work on all but 2-courses. I can now play and practice on 4 of the 6. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by cooke23 View Post
                Curious, if one can just copy the course folder from PC to PC, what's stopping people from buying the 1 course package and then just downloading the other courses via torrent or something like that from another user who has more courses? Just blown away how the community hasn't gotten around the extreme pricing for this software. I'll be running TGC only so not really interested but thought I'd ask why this hasn't been done yet. Maybe it is.....just on the downlow.
                If course sharing is going on I'm not aware of it. My golfsmith gc2 came with the hitting bay computer for $150 but the thing wouldn't crank. Finally finished my sim and got around to messing with it. I have TGC also and love the graphics. I like the accuracy of FR1 a lot and surprised that the graphics are much better than expected. Can't wait to see fsx now.

Comment

Working...
                X