Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GC2 Refurb from Foresight or Shop around??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC2 Refurb from Foresight or Shop around??

Hello Everyone,

Just joined the forum last night! Tons of info in here. I am getting ready to purchase my first Simulator and it looks like the GC2 is the way to go for the best bang for the buck (with top accuracy). I saw that foresight is doing their Refurb program? My question, is it worth their price at this time or should I shop around for better deals from other users? I've seen some go around anywhere from $3500-$5500 depending if its the unit only and/or unit plus some sort of software included. The only topside I see getting it directly from Foresight, is the 6 month warranty and replacement parts if needed to refresh the unit that they will do. Anyways just wanted to see what your thoughts are. I am a DIY guy, so I don't mind learning how to replace the parts if its something we can do.

Also, as of right now, I mainly want to use this simulator for practice (ie Range). Is it worth the FSX software or should I just go straight for the TGC?

Thanks!

-Brandon Peck

I got a great deal from Foresight Sports Canada. It wasn't refurbished but besides two blemishes on the outside cover looks mint, so does the Hmt. I haven't fully tested the units but thus far seem accurate. Give them a call you have nothing to lose. Maybe refurbished units aren't the only option?

Comment

Lots of people have bought used GC2's. They are often hard to find which is why they cost so much. Some people have bought and ended up needing a new battery or a new Bluetooth radio. Buying from Fresight gaurentees the unit with not need anything and the warranty gaurentees you can get it fixed for free if something goes wrong. Not a bad option IMO.

As for software, there's lots of discussion here about that. Look at what others have to say. Both are great but priced differently. It's your call.
      My Courses:
      World Par 3's by mthunt
      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
      Weston G&CC by mthunt
      London Hunt Club L mthunt
      Park CC Lidar mthunt
      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
      The National GC L mthunt
      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
      Markland Woods CC mthunt
      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
      Magna GC L mthunt
      Barrie CC L mthunt
      mthunt Range

Comment

I shopped for a while and never found a deal that was that much better than a refurb. And as mthunt says, you have the piece of mind that it is refurbed and has a warranty. I went that route. Now I am shopping software and have the same dilemma as you. I really want the FSX software because I love the numbers and the range (I use it at my GolfTec facility during lessons and practice), but the price is ridiculous. I think I am going the TGC route as I know I will get that software regardless (for online play and number of courses) and then see how good the range and practice is compared to FSX before I decide to drop $2500 for FSX. My refurbed GC2 will be shipping next week!

Comment

Fwiw, There is a pretty amazing deal on another site right now for a unit that is still under warranty from foresight.

Comment

• Iron Brandon
            Iron Brandon commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you have a link?? Thanks!

Thanks Everyone for the input! I guess I can shop around for a little until I get tired. The refurb program should be there for a while. I heard TGC is upgrading and if you purchase the current version before they release their newer one, its a free upgrade (correct me if I'm wrong). I already have a huge CCE mat that I used with my Net Return years ago. I plan on building a Sim with a projector screen. Hopefully I can do all this without breaking the bank!

Comment

Edit: nevermind, it already sold.
            Last edited by TorchRedRob; 03-14-2017, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X