Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC2 Protective Shield

Anyone have experience with this one?

Get the best deals on Golf Swing Trainers when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices.

I'd like it to be sort of mobile as I have a son who's left handed so while we won't necessarily be playing full rounds together for a few years, I'll still need to move it here and there for him. Other than this one, what's the popular shield you all are using? metal cradle?

Just bought a GC2 today so I'm looking to get in on all the fun you guys been having.

Thanks

Here is a thread on the one you linked to.

The metal cradle gives the most protection and that is what I have. I would never pay $300 for it, but I found a used one on ebay without the back piece for $35. I bought a piece of sheet aluminum and made a back for it so all in I was about $50. For $150, you can either get the one you referenced now or wait for a used metal cradle to come up. It depends on how much a rush you are in.

Foresight has a plastic shield that is also around $150. I think the general consensus on that one is that it is better than nothing but won't give you the same peace of mind that the other two will.

Comment

I have the Foresight plastic one.
      My theory is that my GC2 is so far away from the ball, that it'll never take a direct hit. The only thing I'm at risk of is the occasional wedge shot that hits my ceiling netting and bounces back. At that point, the ball isn't really travelling with any real velocity - and the plastic cover should be good enough to protect it. I haven't hit it yet (in 26 months of ownership), but better safe than sorry. The LCD is probably the most likely part to get damaged with a bouncing ball, as the rest seems pretty solid.

Comment

Working...
      X