FSX Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSX Support

I know most people on here are using TGC, but I use FSX almost exclusively now. Although I own both TGC and Protee, I would rather play in FSX.

Over the last few months I've found several bugs in FSX and have reported them to Foresight. With the first few, I got a reply... however in the last few months they don't bother.
    Does anyone else ever report bugs to Foresight?

There are lots of annoying little things in FSX that are starting to put me off it - and the fact that they never get addressed is really starting to annoy me. I reported a few issues back in November, and they're still there in the latest version.

FSX cost a lot of money. I appreciate there will always be bugs with software... however I expect them to be acknowledged and updates issued.

When I contacted Foresight regarding purchasing a GCQ the salesman told me they had 10 engineers dedicated to FSX. I have held off buying the GCQ simply because you are only able to use FSX and I was concerned about the level of support they would offer a captive audience. Sounds like I will continue to hold off given your experience. Nothing more frustrating than buggy expensive software when the only alternative is to just live with it.

Comment

I think the FSX software has great potential, but I agree that software is not one of their top priorities at the moment. I had FSX back in 2014 when it first rolled out and it was bare bones. It has come a long way with features and playability, but the graphics haven't improved much and the updates seem to have come to a crawl. Most of the courses are just the old red chain courses that had a shiny gloss put on them. I think their best courses are the ones that they do new (i.e. Wentworth West, Nine Lakes, Flint Hills). However, no new courses in quite some time and I have stopped even looking.
      Basically, I have TGC and E6 and play both of those more often. I actually like E6 quite a bit graphically and ease of play. I would only consider buying the Quad when the bluetooth is enabled and 3rd party friendly, For the amount of money, it should play most all software options.
      P.S. I don't care about Zombie Golf or Roulette!!!! Just would like to see some big name courses

Comment

In all honesty, the graphics quality doesn't bother me. I play FSX over TGC as I feel it plays more like golf - rather than a game (which is what I feel when playing TGC).
        I have 15 courses so far, and feel I have a pretty good selection. Some look better than others.

When I play a round and I don't see any of the bugs, I really enjoy it. When some of the issues happen, it drives me nuts. The fact that no one seems to be doing anything about them just makes it worse.

Some are almost embarrassing when I have a friend round to play and I'm trying to make excuses for the bugs. I can see he's actually thinking "you paid how much for this?!"

Comment

• TorchRedRob
          TorchRedRob commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe give JNPG a try for a year. It might fit the space between what you love about both FSX and TGC.

Time will tell. I think they are just overwhelmed by the demand for the GCQuad and probably didn't boost up their FSX software in anticipation. I too have been told they have a lot of engineers working on FSX only, but I really find it hard to believe. The tech department is great though when you get a hold of them! It has taken 2 plus years for them to get it playable. When I first got it, it was barely playable. Now it is very enjoyable, but I still prefer E6 right now.

Comment

I'm new to FSX and enjoying it so far. Only bug I've noticed is the time it takes to connect Bluetooth in v3.01. I'll be glad to contact tech support when I see other glitches. Maybe more complaints will help. Their product is so unique and in demand it seems customer service isn't a priority, imo. Friendly but slow. Took me weeks to get fsx after purchased - they emailed link to wrong acct then salesman disregarded my follow ups bc they're so busy selling units. Took weeks to get gc2 back this week for simple repair, etc.

Comment

I have a few so far...
            The first one is as above - that it can take 10-15 mins to connect to my GC2 on V3.0.1... and also did on V2.4.
            The next issue is that it sometimes loses connection with the GC2 - so I'm taking shots and it's not registering in FSX.
            The next few issues stem from the loss of connection... but the only way to reconnect the GC2 is quit / save the round, and go back to the main menu. Why is there not a connection menu that's accessible from inside the game?
            When I restart my game, any future holes or rounds do not register in FSX Live. My matchplay score resets to A/S - despite me being 3up or whatever. If I was on the 3rd shot on a hole when the connection lost, I would still be taking the same shot - but it would be classed as shot 1 on the scoreboard. Sometimes it has me in the same place on the fairway, but facing the tees rather than the green!
            I also occasionally get a "phantom" shot when placing my ball. Although the GC2 sees it as -----------, FSX counts it as a shot. Surely it must know that the ball hasn't actually moved by the data?

My GC2 used to connect within 10 seconds when I had V2.3, and never disconnected at all. It still had the scoring issues if I saved / resumed a game though. I used to be on an old firmware on the GC2 that still had the flash counter - and never experienced a phantom shot until I upgraded it to the latest. The only reason I updated was because I thought it might fix the 10-15min connection times.
            Now that I have a swing camera set up, I need at least V2.4 to upload the videos to FSX Live - otherwise I'd just go back to V2.3! I've just gone back from V3.0.1 to V3.0 as apparently it connects quicker... but I haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Comment

I believe 3.0 connects pretty quick via bluetooth. What is funny is the 3.0.1 specifically said it fixed connectivity issues with bluetooth. So, by fix they meant broke or does Foresight want us to wait 15 minutes for bluetooth to connect to give it a bad name? I'm not sure what the auto connect option in bluetooth is either since I've never seen it auto connect. Not having connect option in the game is a royal pain. Half the time I setup a game and say "oh crap" I forgot to connect first. That is just lame. You'd think one of their 10 developers could figure out how to actually AUTO connect within a few seconds.

Are you simply sending these complaints to support@foresightsports.com? I've been meaning to send in an issue list and feature request. Just haven't done it yet.

Comment

I was sending them directly to Colin McDermott as he was helping me with the setup initially (Remote Desktop into my computer and sorted a few issues), but now I'm just sending them to support@ as he hasn't replied for a while. Unfortunately support@ doesn't reply either!
                Colin would say he'd pass my issues / requests onto the developers... so I wondered if he was actually the correct person to be speaking to.

I also have auto connect selected, but it never works either. The auto update section of FSX keeps automatically updating itself to the same thing and is buggy as hell. I was told it didn't work properly and to turn it off.

I've also sent loads of feature requests, which have all been ignored with the exception of moving the mini map to the other side. I have an offset hitting position, and the map on the right hand side means I lose a lot of my target. That's something that's been implemented in V3.0.1, as I can now move the map to the left.
                Last edited by p3eps; 04-02-2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

I've also got some weird graphical errors...
                  If I hit a ball into a lake, the text in the message that pops up to try again or drop doesn't fit in the box.
                  There are several instances where this happens. I think the connection window has a similar issue where you drag the GC2 into a box and something doesn't fit properly.
                  We're talking about a $3000 piece of software here... not some freeware or school project!

Comment

That's the rub isn't it. 3K for this buggy crap plus up to 150/per course! That and the course library isn't that great. Where are the must haves? Pebble, Augusta, etc. TruGolf E6 has these and they've paid the licensing fees to have them. What is Foresight doing with all this software money? Most of the courses have been developed by world golf users anyway! They need to get with the times...

Comment

• Bnorman58
                      Bnorman58 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      E6 has Augusta? I didn't see that in the course packages. Is it called something else?

Along the lines of foresight frustrations, with exception of when I inquired on a new GC2, interactions left a lot left to be desired in customer service. Ive had a $200 attempted order go ignored. When I ordered FSX, $1.5k upgrade from FR1, it took 3-weeks to get the download. Granted they sent the first one to a typo email after 1.5 weeks but that's way too long to process an order. Then they brushed me off another 1.5wks. So I'm not surprised tech support issues seem to fall on deaf ears. Hopefully they're working on their flagship software in the background but lack customer svc to communicate it. Just doesn't make sense that BT connectivity & menu options are better in FR1. Despite it all I still prefer FSX & FR1 over others I own because of the accuracy in ball flight being unmatched which helps my game IRL. As I get into FSX more I'll take note of issues but haven't gotten to do any multi player or live sim play yet. Tonight 3.0.1 connected in 3-mins. Lucky I guess.

Comment

Glad to see I'm not the only one with FSX BT connection issues. I will say that my connection time did get better with the latest version, however it still takes longer than it should... Certainly way longer than the others.

Comment

There are 2 nights a week where I get a 30-40min window between me getting home from work, and my wife / daughter getting home. In an ideal world, I'd use this to play 9 holes... save it, and play the next 9 on my next slot!
                        With the GC2 taking upwards of 10mins to connect, and the issues resuming from a saved game - it's just not worth the bother!
                        I'll hopefully get a chance to try V3.0 tonight and see if that's any quicker to connect.

Comment

I played a round this evening with V3.0 after I downgraded from v3.0.1.
                          The GC2 connected within about 15 seconds, and I had no issues throughout my entire round.
                          I've just been sitting reviewing my game / swings in FSX Live - and everything is there as it should be.
                          I'll stick with V3.0 for now and see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                          X