HMT sticker re-order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMT sticker re-order

Does anyone have any aftermarket options for re-ordering more HMT stickers? I put a call into Foresight and they are $120 for 500 stickers... Thanks!

Same stickers but lower quantity. http://www.par2pro.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=289

Comment

Last time I got some it was $45 for 192

Comment

I got me a 5mm single hole punch, some silver color 3M Engineering Grade Reflective tape, and punch out whatever I need. $20 of tape will last you a life time. Common punch is 6mm, those may also work, but I decided to splurge a little and spent $5 on a 5mm one to match the OEM sticker diameter. To apply the stickers, I found a pair of tweezers and some toothpicks very useful. Neither I or GC2 can tell the difference on the finished product. HaHa, enjoy!

Comment

I wonder if these would work?

Comment

One thing to keep in mind is if you start having issues with the HMT the first thing they question is the stickers. They did on mine. The 3M tape is totally cool, but I would keep some of the OEM ones around if ever you need support from Foresight.

Comment

Originally posted by rrobinson View Post
          Pretty funny. Maybe where Foresight buys them.
          My Courses:
          World Par 3's by mthunt
          Toronto GC (L) mthunt
          Burlington G&CC by mthunt
          Weston G&CC by mthunt
          London Hunt Club L mthunt
          Park CC Lidar mthunt
          Sunningdale GC Robinson L
          Sunningdale GC Thompson L
          Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
          Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
          The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
          The National GC L mthunt
          Mississaugua GC L mthunt
          Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
          Markland Woods CC mthunt
          Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
          Magna GC L mthunt
          Barrie CC L mthunt
          mthunt Range

Comment

Thanks guys! Just bought the ones from Amazon. I'll report back if they work.

Comment

• bk1106
              bk1106 commented
              Editing a comment
              Those Amazon ones do not seem to be reflective, i.e., would not work. Please do let us know. Thanks.

• rrobinson
              rrobinson commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you get the white or silver?

Just looked at the stickers I purchased from Par2Pro. Some research based on the name on the rear of the sticker paper turned this up:

Looks like you could get a 30' x 1" roll of the silver/white for $12. Buy a 5 mm hole punch and I think you'd be set!

Here's a link to a hole punch. Kinda pricey but for $30 all-in and to be set for a life time... Sounds like the solution. I'm sure there are cheaper punches out there, but this one looks like it's pretty precise, and would last.

Comment

Unfortunately, the metallic silver stickers in the above amazon link did not work. Might try the 3M tape and hole punch option before going back to the OEM route.

Comment

Good news... I went to my local Ace Hardware, bought a pack of sku# 7109903 2"x24" reflective safety tape made by Hyko, used a 1/4 hole punch (all I had) and hit 7 balls with my PW and all 7 shots registered perfectly with the HMT. The 1/4 hole punch is a larger sticker than the OEM, but it worked just fine. It was a little cumbersome using the tweezers to the the sticker off the 1/4 round paper, but not too bad.

Comment

• rrobinson
                  rrobinson commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cool! Maybe the 1/4" size actually works better (bigger to see?)

you have a $12,000 sim tool and you are worried about $120? seams a little silly

Comment

• rrobinson
                  rrobinson commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think the other guys had GC2's which is more like $5000 or so. A hundred bucks is a hundred bucks! For me, its more that I have a lot of clubs that need stickers
                  Last edited by rrobinson; 04-08-2017, 02:57 PM.

• goatbarn
                  goatbarn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm not blowing $xxx on putting stickers on all my friends clubs. But a $5 each or so? Sure.

New HMT owner - do you guys take the stickers off for IRL play or leave them on? Seem like a PIA to constantly have to put them on after every IRL round. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by orangeman View Post
                  New HMT owner - do you guys take the stickers off for IRL play or leave them on? Seem like a PIA to constantly have to put them on after every IRL round. Thanks!
                  It's a pita for sure but they are meant to stay on. Just put them on so,e clubs.
                  My Courses:
                  World Par 3's by mthunt
                  Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                  Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                  Weston G&CC by mthunt
                  London Hunt Club L mthunt
                  Park CC Lidar mthunt
                  Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                  Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                  Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                  Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                  The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                  The National GC L mthunt
                  Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                  Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                  Markland Woods CC mthunt
                  Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                  Magna GC L mthunt
                  Barrie CC L mthunt
                  mthunt Range

Comment

• orangeman
                    orangeman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks mthunt. I played today with stickers on P, 8 and Driver. The stickers seemed to make it through just fine.

Topically only he bottom sticker on irons needs to be replaced after a round. I think the sticker cost is around 20 cents per sticker. @Robinson if it's only GC2 owners that are worried about he cost they wouldn't need stickers. Stickers are for the HMT and quad only so $12k would be close to minimum buy in for a sim. Just seams a little silly to worry about saving $ 100 here to have your unit working perfectly rather than rely on makeshift stickers.

Comment

• rrobinson
                    rrobinson commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, I meant $5000 more for the HMT unit. Worrying about a hundred bucks for something you can't resell (nobody wants used stickers) doesn't seem too overly silly to me. Although I personally was not too concerned about the cost either. Anyway, I'm now more curious if the bigger dots work better since I still get some no reads on the GCQuad.
                Working...
                X