Used GC2 on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used GC2 on ebay

Here's what I'm looking at : http://www.ebay.com/itm/GC2-Foresigh...item3f7c01c4b9

My first question would be about the GC2 A4073 model. Does it include Bluetooth and how old is this model ? My plan is to join TGC for online play, would I need to purchase anything else for it to work ?

Here's more information that might help :

I'm currently in the process of building my golf simulator enclosure and it will not be ready until later on this summer\fall. For this reason, there is no rush for me to buy the simulator right now but if I can get a good deal, I don't mind pulling the trigger early. I would prefer to get a GC2 but will settle with a Skytrack if I can't get a good deal on a GC2.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

All GC2s have Bluetooth. If the serial number starts with A it is also apple compatible. They recently made the iPad app free so that is a nice bonus but not necessary for TGC. That particular unit is probably several years old but the only thing that wears out is the flash.

For TGC, you will need a gaming computer that will cost at least $700, a good Bluetooth dongle and the software which is $1000. Don't forget to budget a minimum $1000 for a mat, projector and impact screen, although it will probably be closet to $2000. Of course you can start with a net and computer monitor and upgrade down the road.

I would keep an eye out over the next few months as most people would sell after the winter simulator season is over which should make prices a little lower. Keep in mind there is a $500 registration fee if you need a repair and you bought it from someone other than foresight. They had returns for sale not too long ago where you got a warranty, so you might look into that as well. If you can afford it and find a good deal, you can't beat a GC2.

Comment

• R3dlineR6
      R3dlineR6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the information, it's very helpful. Looking at the Foresight website, I see that the refurbish units are currently selling at $5400 which would be quite a significant difference in price. I guess you have piece of mind with the warranty if you go through them though.

• Bnorman58
      Bnorman58 commented
      Editing a comment
      Guarantee this unit will be in the 4200 or more range by the time the auction is over. Add 500 to that the first time you need a flash and the 5400 isn't looking as bad.

I purchased one off ebay for $3,500. Mine was an older model without the A and he was the original owner. It included all the original cables, but not the original box or manuals. I could care less since you can download the manuals online, I just mainly needed the unit. Battery did not hold a charge, but everything appears to be in good working order. Going to see if Batteries Plus will rebuild the battery. They should be able to. I also ordered a replacement flash from a member on here that makes them in case mine goes out. Foresight charges A-raping prices on them. Mine did not come with a super flash that are now equipped on the newer models, which they claim to last a very very long time.

Overall I say I scored a pretty good deal. No software included though. But I went ahead and bought the FR1 software with the dongle from a member here for $650. Came with 5 additional courses. I plan on buying TGC later on once I get everything set up. I also bought a used metal aluminum protector case for the GC2 for $125 on ebay.

I am still currently piecing together my simulator. Like you, I shopped around for months until I found a legit good deal. Overall I am happy. I can take those savings and apply them to other things to complete my sim.

As mentioned above, there is a upsetting $500 registration fee before they will service/repair or allow you to buy parts. I absolutely refuse to pay that for now. Should my GC2 need major repair or replacement parts, I might reconsider. But there are many DIY articles out there and parts you can find outside of Foresight with much much cheaper prices. It should save you a significant amount of money, just gotta research.

I say anything from $3500-$4500 is a good deal. Bonus if they include simulator software. Beware there has been alot of fraudulent listings for the GC2 on Ebay. You can easily spot these as the price is almost to good to be true and in the description they ask you to contact them to a specific email for details and shipping. Usually Ebay has these listings deleted within 24-36 hours, as the Sellers user name was hacked by these fraudulent individuals. Be patient! Other legitimate good deals will come up if you happen to miss out on one.

Good Luck!

Last edited by Iron Brandon; 05-10-2017, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• R3dlineR6
      R3dlineR6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very interesting read and great to see that you're finding alternative ways to replace your parts at a much cheaper price (Especially the flash). Would be interesting to know what Batteries Plus says when you have an answer as well. Thanks for the post!

• mthunt
      mthunt commented
      Editing a comment
      Those batteries are really simple to rebuild. It's basically the same battery pack in a kids RC Car

Perfect example of a listing not to fall for. It will be soon deleted.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Golf-simulat...gAAOSwIQdZEiJ6

Last edited by Iron Brandon; 05-10-2017, 04:24 PM.

Comment

I hopefully caught a good deal on there last week. GC2 with laptop and software for $4200 shipped

Comment

Working...
      X