Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foresight sports installation

Hi guys,
    I recently updated to firmware 4.0.0.15 and I just tried it out. My carry distances are way off!!!! Does anyone have a link to version 3.10.0.0 or 3.4.5.1? It would be greatly appreciated! Does anyone else have this problem? My GC2 is an older version, but the drop-off for me is significant. Please PM me or post the link if possible. Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by col forbin View Post
    Hi guys,
    I recently updated to firmware 4.0.0.15 and I just tried it out. My carry distances are way off!!!! Does anyone have a link to version 3.10.0.0 or 3.4.5.1? It would be greatly appreciated! Does anyone else have this problem? My GC2 is an older version, but the drop-off for me is significant. Please PM me or post the link if possible. Thanks in advance!
    Are you sure the reflash went correctly?

I have had every update from 3.5 or so on up and never saw the distances change by any significant amount on either the GC2 display or when using FR1 course simulations/range/club fitting etc.

I seem to remember some complaining about distance problems when using TGC with later versions somewhere north of 3.5.

Comment

I just know that I recently updated to the newest firmware coming from 3.10.0.0 and have lost about 20 or so yards. I don't think it is the flash because I haven't played with the GC2 in a while and every shot is picking up. I guess I will call support tomorrow and see what they suggest.
      What do you mean by reflash?

Comment

I've tried every firmware for years. They all seem pretty well similar except 3.7. It is 100% short. I use 3.5 and have since it came out. It's rock solid on TGC.
        My Courses:
        World Par 3's by mthunt
        Toronto GC (L) mthunt
        Burlington G&CC by mthunt
        Weston G&CC by mthunt
        London Hunt Club L mthunt
        Park CC Lidar mthunt
        Sunningdale GC Robinson L
        Sunningdale GC Thompson L
        Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
        Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
        The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
        The National GC L mthunt
        Mississaugua GC L mthunt
        Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
        Markland Woods CC mthunt
        Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
        Magna GC L mthunt
        Barrie CC L mthunt
        mthunt Range

Comment

Does anyone find that any specific firmware is excessive on side spin with TGC? Trying to figure out if it's the mat, TGC, the gc2 firmware or me. I don't see quite the same side spin in real life. I'm using 4.0.0.15. Sorry for piggy backing the thread but seemed somewhat related to the topic.
          Last edited by Ports; 06-12-2017, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Thank you so much mthunt. It is getting closer, but I think I might need to call Foresight tech tomorrow as it seems still 10 plus yards shorter. Now my 7 and 6 iron pretty well and they are both topping out at 150 or so yards. Usually, 160 or so for the 7 and 170 for the 6, so barely reaching 150 is strange.

Comment

I had the same question and I've been able to correct my home setup a bit closer to realistic.

1) Does your matt or the GC2 move at all? Are they firmly planted?
              2) How is the lighting in the room. Which direction is the light coming in from? I doubt this makes a difference but just curious to know based on my shortage too
              3) Although it shouldn't matter, what type of matt do you have and is it by chance taking some club head speed off?

Comment

Originally posted by col forbin View Post
                I just know that I recently updated to the newest firmware coming from 3.10.0.0 and have lost about 20 or so yards. I don't think it is the flash because I haven't played with the GC2 in a while and every shot is picking up. I guess I will call support tomorrow and see what they suggest.
                What do you mean by reflash?
                The writing of the firmware into the GC2 EEPROM type memory.

Comment

I have been using a combination of CCE and Fiberbuilt mats for a couple years. The mats don't move as they are bolted into the cement. The 3.10.0.0 firmware was what I was using for a while until I loaded the latest. I am now back to 3.10.0.0 thanks to mthunt, but I am still seeing my irons 10-15 yards off on carry. I will be calling Foresight today and see if they can offer some help. I know I had troubles installing the latest firmware, so maybe Ronsc1985 is on to something.

Comment

This sounds a lot like the "indoor effect". You say you haven't used it in a while. could it be that?

Comment

I was actually playing indoors yesterday at my buddy's house. I was swinging terribly at his house, so I was definitely out of sync, but I fired mine up when I got home and was back to hitting solid strikes with good velocity. I hadn't used mine since the firmware update, so I might have messed something up possibly because you need the new driver. The numbers just didn't seem right. My contact was literally night and day from earlier in the day.

Comment

Working...
                      X