This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC2 GSX & ProTee Inteface Setup for TGC and ProTee 2.0

Follow the steps below and in the next few post to initially connect your GC2 to GSX to ProTee Interface. Enjoy!

1: Connect your Bluetooth adapter to your pc's USB port using a USB extension cable. Run the cable into the sim room where the adapter will be as close to the GC2 as possible or within 6 ft of the GC2. After that, install the Bluetooth adapter driver that came in the package.

2: Turn on the GC2. From the right bottom corner of the Taskbar, click the up arrow to show all hidden icons. Select the Bluetooth icon and select Add Devices. See the screen shots below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mmgsx1.jpg
Views:	13482
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	16783

Name:	rambo1.jpg
Views:	13248
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	16785

3: If your GC2 does not pair up automatically, click your GC2 device and select Pair. Then enter 0000 and click Next.

Name:	rambo2.jpg
Views:	12557
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	16786
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Maverick; 11-25-2014, 11:32 PM.

• Running into a wall here...

My GC2 is connected via blue tooth (outgoing COM 3 / incoming COM 4)
    GSX- followed all the instructions, "Use The Golf Club" is on, both my status input and output are both reading "connected" with the green light.
    Protee Interface "use external data" is on

When I hit a ball on my Gc2 I see the data being displayed on the Protee Interface, along with GSX. When I go into TGC and hit off the tee nothing happens? It seems like I've followed everything correctly, I just can't get TGC to pickup what my GC2 is doing...

Firewall has been turned off and any anti-virus programs I have are disabled.

I even tried using my GC2 on FSX with only blue tooth and it worked fine, so I know it's not the connection. I have an extension with the dongle, it's right beside the GC2.

Is there something I'm missing? It seems like I'm at the finish line but just can't cross that last step. Incredibly frustrating lol... I've been in touch with Protee and they've suggested a bunch of things that haven't worked...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

To any experts out there willing to place a phone call please PM me for my #, it would be extremely helpful!

Comment

• sonman
      sonman commented
      Editing a comment
      Running into a wall like joejoejoeurboat was. How did you fix it

My GC2 is connected via blue tooth (outgoing COM 4/ incoming COM 3)
      In GSX-I followed all the instructions, "Use The Golf Club" is off on both interfaces. Actually I have tried it with both on and both off. my status input and output are both reading "connected" with the green light.
      Protee Interface "use external data" is on

When I hit a ball on my Gc2 I see the data on the gc2 but not in GSX interface. It seems like I've followed everything correctly,

Apple devices connect via Bluetooth and can get the data from the GC2.

Just cannot get data to output to GSX and therefore I cannot use either protee or TGC.

Firewall has been turned off and any anti-virus programs uninstalled.

I have an repeater extension with the Asus dongle others have used, it's right beside the GC2.

Is there something I'm missing? It seems like I'm at the finish line but just can't cross that last step. Incredibly frustrating lol... I've been in touch with Par2pro support and they've remotely accessed my computer and found everything was hooked up correctly

Any help is greatly appreciated!

To any experts out there willing to place a phone call please PM me for my #, it would be extremely helpful!
      Last edited by sonman; 02-19-2017, 03:06 PM.

• sonman
      sonman commented
      Editing a comment
      I figured out how th fix data output problem in gc2. I downloaded the original windows driver for the GC2 and then I was able to update the firmware I downloaded and then I installed the updated windows 10 driver. Evidently there was a problem getting the data from the gc2 to windows 10 even when GSX said everything was connected. I spent days trying to get my gc2 to output data. Originally when I just tried to install the firmware the gc2 would not connect to the computer until I first installed the original windows driver. Once both of those are done you can update to the latest windows driver

• I have tried everything I can on my end with my system based on suggestions here. Still waiting for a response from Protee on it. One thing I do see is that GSX is receiving my GC2, as it is displaying shot data after hitting, but the "status output" still does not connect.
    Last edited by leoapd; 02-16-2017, 02:58 AM.

Comment

• If you both are seeing two "connected"s on GSX then the issue is TGC being turned on. It has to be turned on in both ProTee and GSX. You've got it off in one of those spots. It's that or you have the wrong licence for TGC. It should say ProTee in your licence file. Open a ticket if that fails.
      My Courses:
      World Par 3's by mthunt
      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
      Weston G&CC by mthunt
      London Hunt Club L mthunt
      Park CC Lidar mthunt
      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
      The National GC L mthunt
      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
      Markland Woods CC mthunt
      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
      Magna GC L mthunt
      Barrie CC L mthunt
      mthunt Range

Comment

• I have TGC on in both. The TGC license I have was just sent to me by Protee 2 days ago when I had trouble with downloads. The game runs, just not "status output" in GSX. Protee responded and will remote in when I can match their schedule. I had sent them screen shots of my issue and they responded in short with " strange, have not seen that before". Obviously way beyond my tech knowledge

Update:
        Remote with Protee took about 1 minute...in GSX, the IP address 127.0.0.1 had a period after the1 in the settings, which kept GSX from communicating with Protee Interface...in case anyone runs into the same issue...up and running...hit a few short shots, and all good. Protee have it together on customer support.
        Last edited by leoapd; 02-16-2017, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• Stingreye
          Stingreye commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome! Glad to hear it was easy!! Now get back to the fun!

• Hey Guys,

I cannot get my GC2 to communicate with GSX after a software update to my computer. Did anyone else have this problem? I know the bluetooth coms port is correct and i haven't changed any settings for GSX or GC2 or protee interface since it was working last week.

I hope one of you has the answer. If i have to reinstall everything i can but i wasn't going to jump to that conclusion.

Thanks for the help.

-Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by BlechBOX View Post
          Hey Guys,

I cannot get my GC2 to communicate with GSX after a software update to my computer. Did anyone else have this problem? I know the bluetooth coms port is correct and i haven't changed any settings for GSX or GC2 or protee interface since it was working last week.

I hope one of you has the answer. If i have to reinstall everything i can but i wasn't going to jump to that conclusion.

Thanks for the help.

-Mike
          Not sure if my computer updated or what (am running windows 10). But one day it wasn't connecting and I know the comm port was right but decided to change it to 3 (usually on 4 for me) and it started working.

A few days later the same thing happened again, put it back on comm 4 and started working again and has been on that since. This all happened maybe 3 or 4 months ago.

If you haven't tried that already maybe you'll get lucky like I did

Comment

• My PC updated to 10 overnight once and wouldn't connect. I downgraded to 8 and it was fine.
            My Courses:
            World Par 3's by mthunt
            Toronto GC (L) mthunt
            Weston G&CC by mthunt
            Park CC Lidar mthunt
            The National GC L mthunt
            Mississaugua GC L mthunt
            Markland Woods CC mthunt
            Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
            Magna GC L mthunt
            Barrie CC L mthunt
            mthunt Range

Comment

• Did you try hitting a ball on the gc2 and then try reconnecting a couple times?

Comment

• Thanks for the suggestion Ironstrokes mthunt and Stingreye . I was confident the restore would work but i have the same problem. My computer shows the gc2 is connected to COM3 - outgoing and COM4 incoming but whenever i use either of those on GSX it won't connect.I have no issues with GSX connecting to the protee interface so the only software i could reinstall is GSX and i wouldn't know how to go about that. Any other possible ideas?

I have restored the oldest version of windows that i have and it won't let me go back any further.

Comment

• I don't think reinstalling will do anything. What message are you getting on the GSX interface? One connected and one not? If yes, it's a setting that's wrong. Post a pic of everything like this.
                  My Courses:
                  World Par 3's by mthunt
                  Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                  Weston G&CC by mthunt
                  Park CC Lidar mthunt
                  The National GC L mthunt
                  Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                  Markland Woods CC mthunt
                  Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                  Magna GC L mthunt
                  Barrie CC L mthunt
                  mthunt Range

Comment

• I would get your computer updated to the latest version (windows updates). Then have protee remote in and fix it.

the other thing you could try is un pair the gc2. Then pair it t again. It will likely get a new port. Then try connecting it with that port. There is a small chance you have something else connected to your computer fighting over the same port and repairing it might fix it.

Comment

• Hey mthunt and Stingreye Thanks for the help. I reinstalled the windows update and re paired the bluetooth (for the second time) and then it worked. I didn't even have to change any of the other settings so i'm not really sure what happened. Sometimes technology doesn't make sense to me.

Happy golfing.

Comment

• Strange things like that happen. Glad it worked.
                        My Courses:
                        World Par 3's by mthunt
                        Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                        Weston G&CC by mthunt
                        Park CC Lidar mthunt
                        The National GC L mthunt
                        Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                        Markland Woods CC mthunt
                        Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                        Magna GC L mthunt
                        Barrie CC L mthunt
                        mthunt Range

Comment

• I am trying to connect my GC2 to TGC for the first time and am having trouble. I have all of the software installed and have followed all of the instructions on this thread. I can't get the status input on the GSX interface to connect. The output connects fine. I am using Windows 10. I notice that the Foresight bluetooth shows up as paired, but I can't figure out any way to have it say connected. I think that may have something to do with it. I haven't really used bluetooth settings on Windows 10. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

• Kent
                            Kent commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I finally got it to connect. Hopefully it wasn't a fluke.

• Do you leave ProTee Interface COM port setting on COM1? Only change GSX to COM4?

Im getting INPUT disconnected. OUTPUT is CONNECTEF

Comment

Working...
                          X