Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @FirGir and @Lgnir winning the TGC 2017 Spring Tour - Valero Texas Open !

Join this weeks TGC 2017 Spring Tour - Zurich Classic of New Orleans with 2 rounds at The Olympic Club (Lake Course) ProTee: http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...of-new-orleans
See more
See less

Gc4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting - I'll think about buying it after I see some reviews and find out whether it can play with external simulation software. Besides the one-unit form factor improvement and likely easier calibration, I noticed two key improvements promised: 1) no flash replacement required due to LED lighting (they must be assuming that their LEDs won't fail) and 2) 6x larger ball recognition area. I thought the ball recognition area was already quite large. I see that HMT-like data will require either 1 or 4 dots per club. The display also looks improved, I see the display will show clubhead position of the strike, but for the price they could have added motion graphics and color the equivalent of an ipad-mini or large smartphone. If this is a totally closed system unable to play with external simulators, it's not going to be super popular amongst forum participants. But it does look like a useful training tool when combined with someone who knows how to interpret and react to the feedback it would offer.

Comment

If bluetooth is gone then it is likely that TGC will not work with it.

Comment

Bluetooth is still with unit as well as wifi and ethernet plug in. This was confirmed before I ordered.
        Last edited by aeroburner; 01-06-2017, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• mmlincon
          mmlincon commented
          Editing a comment
          That's good to know. TGC may continue to function fine then. I don't see them doing encryption on bluetooth.

• Joko
          Joko commented
          Editing a comment
          Quite to the contrary, I would put big money on them encrypting bluetooth. They would prefer we purchase FSX I'm sure.

• aeroburner
          aeroburner commented
          Editing a comment
          my unit will not go in until i confirm this for bluetooth

smart move to do the trade-ins, I imagine they will keep both products available for purchase new or refurbed for a 5-10% discount. Brilliant. Was really hoping to get an HMT when these things came out, make sure if you're doing the trade-ins you let us know what they offer you for them piecemeal (GC2 and HMT, as separate components) guys! Let's make a deal!

Comment

• tkotts
          tkotts commented
          Editing a comment
          Also why they initiated the 500 fee, kills the non-foresight selling used market profits. *I'll consider matching their HMT offer!

I also sent my Foresight rep an enquiry asking for price and what I'd get as a trade-in for my current GC2.

I'm using my GC2 purely for simulation, so I doubt the upgrade cost would be worthwhile for me... just like I can't really justify buying a HMT. The 6x larger detection zone sounds good though!!

I was speaking to Foresight about the GCQ a couple of months back, and they said the GC2 will still be a 'current product', and the GCQ would be an addition to their range - not a replacement.

Comment

Aeroburner. What did they offer in trade? You said you already put your deposit down so you must have details here?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironstrokes View Post
            Willing to bet a crapload that it wont ever work with TGC. Im sure they stupidly made sure of that
            It's wifi for a reason. Won't work with any third party software.

Comment

• bk1106
              bk1106 commented
              Editing a comment
              That's right! Just learn from the PC game industry. No play w/o a cloud log in. After the log in, third party programs would work only if FS lets it.

Originally posted by RCorsa View Post
            Aeroburner. What did they offer in trade? You said you already put your deposit down so you must have details here?

I got offered $2950 for my GC2 - which is just over 2 years old.
            I already have FSX, and don't have an HMT.

Comment

• mmlincon
              mmlincon commented
              Editing a comment
              wow, that is pathetic! Nowhere near the 95% someone was told. Is there a list price for the Quad?

I was also told gcq will be a separate product along side with gc2. Also that gc2 prices will be going up.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by p3eps View Post

I got offered $2950 for my GC2 - which is just over 2 years old.
              I already have FSX, and don't have an HMT.
              That's it? I'll give you 3k for it haha

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan5508 View Post
                I was also told gcq will be a separate product along side with gc2. Also that gc2 prices will be going up.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
                That's crazy, who releases a new product and has competition in the market with skytrak, protee and maybe es16 and raises the price of their older product. I don't get how they do business, but if you have one of the top machines out there, guess you do whatever the hell you want

Comment

Originally posted by Ironstrokes View Post

That's it? I'll give you 3k for it haha
                  Ha ha... I was kind of shocked with the offer since I paid over double that 2 years ago.
                  I'm able to pay $8050 to upgrade to the ball only GCQ or $12050 to upgrade to the ball / club GCQ.

There are some pretty neat features on it... and if I really was considering getting an HMT, I might consider swapping to the GCQ instead. For now though, I think I'll stick with my GC2 and see how the initial batch of GCQ users get on. The GC2 does everything I need at the moment. It'd be nice to know the angle of attack and whether my club was square on impact... and I'd love to have a 18" x 14" detection zone so that I could put the ball on different surfaces. Is that worth an extra $12k? Probably not!

Comment

Here was an email someone received from their Foresight Rep this morning. 14K was what they were quoted, which includes foresight software.

GCQuad features and capabilities

Quadrascopic camera system – (4) camera capture capability that measures both ball and club together real-time
                    Sleek technological design – cool and sexy
                    Increased accuracy – the tolerances have been cut in half (example +/-50rpm is cut to +/-25rpm)
                    Expanded hitting zone - for ball lock and capture 18”x14”
                    Auto altitude adjustment – Built-in barometer that measures real-time barometric pressure, then adjusts the data output to correct distance based on altitude
                    Auto alignment – capable of out aligning to target-line
                    Auto-leveling – Built-in accelerometer for auto-leveling
                    Advanced LCD data display screen – capable of data visibility in the brightest and direct sun light
                    Internal IR light source - No flash unit required
                    Lithium battery – easy to change out and charge
                    Expanded connectivity – Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and Ethernet – Data and power can run via the Ethernet cable connection
                    Protective housing – built-in protective body armor
                    Beaver-tail base design - Stable base platform for outdoor use
                    2 year warranty – optimized performance for enhanced functionality.

Comment

Retail price is $15k, plus $2995 for FSX... so $17995 in total. That's for the version with th built in HMT. The non HMT version is $11k without software, so $13995 with FSX.
                      From the sound of it, they're going to make you buy it with FSX.

Pre-ordering just now only gets you to the front of the queue, and doesn't give you any discount.
                      Only current GC2 owners are allowed to pre-order - and delivery should be late February.

Comment

and FR1 has been cancelled for GC2 sales as a cheaper alternative to buy new and is not able to be purchased anymore

Comment

• aeroburner
                          aeroburner commented
                          Editing a comment
                          patches? not sure what you mean

• orangeman
                          orangeman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I guess it turns out I got my FR1 just in the nick of time.

• Ryan5508
                          Ryan5508 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I was told that they can sell fR1 for a few days still in certain situations. I had the option but decided to get the updated software.
                      Working...
                      X