Gc4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gc4

one the local pro shops told me they recently demo'd the new GC4 last week. It has the GC2 and HMT integrated into one unit. He said it's pretty slick and has four cameras now. Release in February 2017. Looks like my GC2 and HMT will be on the market soon.

Originally posted by TorchRedRob View Post

I'd be willing to bet if you post something in the classifieds, you'd have a decent amount of interest. If it's already there, bump that thing to the top.
    great idea thanks..Not sure why I didn't think of that..

Comment

The GCQuad launch in PGA show seems to have gone well.

However, one thing that has gone unnoticed is that they have decided to disable the Bluetooth on GCQuad. The website is now stating this where as the early January communications was still that the Bluetooth would be activated.

I think we need a bit of customer feedback and upheaval to correct this madness.

Comment

• Point280
        Point280 commented
        Editing a comment
        Was just about to comment on this! I just saw that on their website... Looks like no TGC for the GCQ? Yikes! I own both TGC and FSX, and both have their virtues. I also realize that many in the market for the GCQ will primarily be using it for it's originally intended purposes. But no TGC would keep me me from considering the "upgrade".
        Last edited by Point280; 01-27-2017, 07:01 AM.

Is the consensus thought that Foresight is rolling the GCQ out in such a fashion that hiccups will be minimal? Others have rushed to the market (e.g. ST and ES16) without all ducks in a row. I have to believe that the GCQ has been put through all the paces before launching. I recall reading somewhere that the GC2 had some issues back when it was initially rolled out 6+ years ago. Not sure what the issues were, but Foresight is obviously in a much different position market wise than back then.

Comment

Not being able to have TGC, interesting. As if the price tag wasn't a big enough deterrent, lol!

Comment

If one of Foresight's objective is to eliminate third party software from utilizing their hardware, then it makes sense for Foresight to eliminate the bluetooth option. However, Foresight's mission, at least what they advertise, is for golf improvement, then not activating bluetooth will subtract from their mission. A golfer will not be able to use the GCQ on the course and/or driving range if bluetooth is not active. Thus it is is surprising that bluetooth is not an option for the GCQ.

Comment

The new app and GCQ both can use Wifi so i assume you could connect to GcQ to your Ipad via wifi.

Comment

• CBearsSB
              CBearsSB commented
              Editing a comment
              Understood. But at most driving ranges and on golf courses a wifi signal is not available. The reason to get the GCQ is for golf improvement. Yet when you want to improve your game in these environments one is unable. The GCQ has a display screen with all the data. In these environments it should not be necessary to have another hardware attachment when this data is readily available on the GCQ display, providing there is Bluetooth capability.

• TorchRedRob
              TorchRedRob commented
              Editing a comment
              I assume it will use a direct wifi connection between the two devices. SkyTrak also has this option- you can connect your tablet directly to the launch monitor.

• Js1010
              Js1010 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, basically broadcasting its own personal wifi hotspot that your ipad can connect to.

The good news is the device has bluetooth capability, they are just disabling it in software. If the reason behind this is to promote/require FSX then anyone who has FSX should get this feature enabled. Bluetooth has a much lower power requirement than WiFi. This can have a big impact on mobile devices. I wonder if they are "not activating" it to test the waters. Why put the hardware in if you aren't going to offer it?

Comment

• bk1106
              bk1106 commented
              Editing a comment
              If Bluetooth is not there, be it absent or disabled, there is good amount of negative publicity to conditionally turn it on. Besides, what would the condition be? FSX and 30 FSX courses, or 50? No offense, but I would be a bit surprised if GCQ would leave doors open for any third party software.

Keep in mind that Wifi and internet are two different things, often used synonymously. You do not need internet access for a Wifi device to connect to a mobile device. An example would be the Deeper fish finding device. It connects via Bluetooth or Wifi. This occurs in remote locations where zero internet access is available. So, the lack of Bluetooth does not inhibit the portability factor of the GCQ; only the ability to use TGC.

Comment

• CBearsSB
              CBearsSB commented
              Editing a comment
              Understood. I believe it is fair to say the majority of golfers are not able to get a wifi signal on the driving range or on golf courses. GCQ has Bluetooth capability yet Foresight based on their website comparison chart is not allowing allowing Bluetooth access with the GCQ. From a golf performance standpoint what is the argument against having access to data rendered and seen on the GCQ display via Bluetooth. I would think this would be a positive marketing objective.

• FaultyClubs
              FaultyClubs commented
              Editing a comment
              Cbears...what do you mean? You keep saying people can't get wifi at the range/course. Why not? The gcq will be generating the wifi as everyone has explained and it is sitting right beside you! Every tablet and phone gets wifi.

Originally posted by mmlincon View Post
            The good news is the device has bluetooth capability, they are just disabling it in software. If the reason behind this is to promote/require FSX then anyone who has FSX should get this feature enabled. Bluetooth has a much lower power requirement than WiFi. This can have a big impact on mobile devices. I wonder if they are "not activating" it to test the waters. Why put the hardware in if you aren't going to offer it?
            Mostly because it cost next to nothing to implement. At some future time it can be enabled if required for some other function.

Keep in mind the consumer market is not the focus of Foresight and never has been. At 14-18K it still won't be. It's pretty much the same marketing plan as Trackman uses.

Comment

• The ONLY reason to disable bluetooth is to prevent the use of third party software. The is at the cost of having a connected device (tablet or ipad ) with a reduced battery life. If you want the visual output and shot history from the HMT and Ball you will have to use wifi on your device. It's well know that bluetooth is much more battery efficient that wifi. I doubt you could get an tablet to make it though a full round of golf using wifi unless you are diligent about disabling it between shots. Time will tell if this remains disabled. Like I said before, the good news is it's in there.

Comment

• mthunt
                mthunt commented
                Editing a comment
                How do you know it's there?

• Originally posted by CBearsSB View Post
              If one of Foresight's objective is to eliminate third party software from utilizing their hardware, then it makes sense for Foresight to eliminate the bluetooth option. However, Foresight's mission, at least what they advertise, is for golf improvement, then not activating bluetooth will subtract from their mission. A golfer will not be able to use the GCQ on the course and/or driving range if bluetooth is not active. Thus it is is surprising that bluetooth is not an option for the GCQ.
              Now that is funny. Money is the mission. lol
              My Courses:
              World Par 3's by mthunt
              Toronto GC (L) mthunt
              Burlington G&CC by mthunt
              Weston G&CC by mthunt
              London Hunt Club L mthunt
              Park CC Lidar mthunt
              Sunningdale GC Robinson L
              Sunningdale GC Thompson L
              Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
              Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
              The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
              The National GC L mthunt
              Mississaugua GC L mthunt
              Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
              Markland Woods CC mthunt
              Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
              Magna GC L mthunt
              Barrie CC L mthunt
              mthunt Range

Comment

• Pardon me FC, did not read the previous comments about the GC4 ability to act as a hot spot. That is good to know that technology is available and can take it on course.

Comment

• Well not that I intended to buy one of these but if they block tgc I doubt I ever will.

The little of FSX that I have seen (waiting for the gc2 until tues) is not great. They are definitely behind the curve graphic wise. I think I would rather spend that much money on a trackman 4 with e6.

I am sure someone will be able to crack the WiFi eventually to make it work though. Hopefully.

Comment

• Sorry I am a little late to the discussion, but I am trying to wrap my head around why people would switch from GC2 to this for sim play? I think for this use the GC2 would still be top notch and give most sim users all they could want.

Comment

• I think it would be worth it potentially if you planned to upgrade to hmt and didn't have it already.

A lot of the features are nicer too but not quite worth the asking price imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X