Gc4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gc4

one the local pro shops told me they recently demo'd the new GC4 last week. It has the GC2 and HMT integrated into one unit. He said it's pretty slick and has four cameras now. Release in February 2017. Looks like my GC2 and HMT will be on the market soon.

Do you know if there anything different or better about the new gc4 performance wise outside of them combining them in to one machine?

Comment

This one will be hard on the bank account.
      My Courses:
      World Par 3's by mthunt
      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
      Weston G&CC by mthunt
      London Hunt Club L mthunt
      Park CC Lidar mthunt
      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
      The National GC L mthunt
      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
      Markland Woods CC mthunt
      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
      Magna GC L mthunt
      Barrie CC L mthunt
      mthunt Range

Comment

I imagine 8k minimum? Up to 10k? Just guessing. If they could do it for 6-7 that would be interesting.

Comment

can't wait! Looking forward to a gently used, well cared for used GC2! :-)

Comment

Let me know when you're selling the hmt :-)

Comment

About time they came with this. Knowing Foresight, my guesse is that it will be about the same price as the GC2/HMT combo we have now. You guys remember GC2 T? Look it up. We were all excited about their new T box marker system hoping it would be cheaper than the standard GC2 but disappointed to find it was the same cost. Hopefully they sell it at a lower price point but who knows.
              Last edited by Bubba22; 10-30-2016, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Point280
                Point280 commented
                Editing a comment
                Agreed! I don't realistically see them lowering the price on their existing products. I think $15k is spot on. Of course you'll need to fork out another $2,500 on top of that for their FSX software. This will be their (price) competitor for Trackman 4 indoor/outdoor. Not sure how they'd eliminate the stickers (it would be cool if they did), but I could see them touting an improved flash, cameras, battery and portability.

I'd guess this will be in the 14-16K range. Foresight will charge you for the convenience of a single device. I don't see why anyone with an existing system would upgrade unless they managed to do away with the club stickers. Other than that I'm not sure what all they could add to the existing setup. Maybe a better battery/flash. I'd be surprised if their tolerances improve much.

Comment

• Cklguy2013
                Cklguy2013 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes I was thinking 15 k as well.

• Bubba22
                Bubba22 commented
                Editing a comment
                Completely agree mm.

TM4 is more than TM3. I bet this is more. Now if they can get rid of the stickers they have my attention.

Heres the rub. Someone said almost a year ago they were maybe launching it at the PGA show. I wonder if it exists
              My Courses:
              World Par 3's by mthunt
              Toronto GC (L) mthunt
              Burlington G&CC by mthunt
              Weston G&CC by mthunt
              London Hunt Club L mthunt
              Park CC Lidar mthunt
              Sunningdale GC Robinson L
              Sunningdale GC Thompson L
              Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
              Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
              The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
              The National GC L mthunt
              Mississaugua GC L mthunt
              Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
              Markland Woods CC mthunt
              Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
              Magna GC L mthunt
              Barrie CC L mthunt
              mthunt Range

Comment

Other than it definitely being more expensive...you can DEFINITELY bet that the bluetooth traffic will be encrypted.

Probably with quantum encryption somehow.

Comment

• mthunt
                  mthunt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LMAO. You are so right. There won't even be Bluetooth.

I got the feeling from the Foresight rep that something was in the works when I talked to him this summer.

When I asked if anything new was coming, he replied "we are always working on new stuff." Just by the way he said it, I absolutely got the idea that something was coming.

No way in hell that they lower the price. As frustrating as it is for us as consumers, Foresight is selling these things as fast as they can make them right now. When I bought in July, there was a two week wait due to the PGA Tour Superstore just signing on.

Speaking of Foresight, anyone care to bet that this thing works great from day one, unlike a lot of the other stuff that has been released lately?

I'm also betting that they don't screw with the Bluetooth. As per my conversations with them, it's not nearly as big of an issue for them as some here make it out to be. As long as they sell FSX (which I wanted anyway), they don't care what you do with it.
                Last edited by Ookie; 10-31-2016, 04:11 AM.

Comment

• goatbarn
                  goatbarn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As far as the bluetooth goes, I don't know if I believe that they'll intentionally leave bluetooth traffic unencrypted. They encrypted the USB traffic on the GC2, but not the bluetooth. I can't see how that would be done on purpose this time around. I get that they're selling more units with people using TGC and PG, but I don't see how any company would allow a 3rd party to jump in and profit off of an exploit on purpose. Every expensive device that uses bluetooth I've ever used is encrypted. Flightscope was encrypted.

• FaultyClubs
                  FaultyClubs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Davray has said the gc2 USB data is not encrypted.

I was speaking to Foresight today when I was ordering some more courses for FSX.

The GCQ (Q for Quadrascopic!) is going to be announced at the PGA show in Orlando, and is currently going through testing with the retailers.
                The price point is thought to be around $18k - although this isn't confirmed yet. The GC2 will stay in the market at the same price point.

Comment

It figures... Come on on ES16!!!
                  Last edited by Cklguy2013; 11-01-2016, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Now officially called GCQ(for quad) as noted above. It's one unit (fairly big footprint). Cameras are faster frame rates than GC2 and HM is integrated. Price is $18,000

Comment

Ouch 18000

Comment

Working...
                      X