Gc4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gc4

one the local pro shops told me they recently demo'd the new GC4 last week. It has the GC2 and HMT integrated into one unit. He said it's pretty slick and has four cameras now. Release in February 2017. Looks like my GC2 and HMT will be on the market soon.

Haha. I have had a gc2 for about a year now and just this week I ordered an HMT and fsx software for $8,000. It hasn't even shipped yet! No one at foresight mentioned this to me at all prior to ordering! Kind of strange. Oh well, I think $14k is enough money for me to spend. Still odd though.
    Since starting my search to build my own simulator, I must say the market for these items is like nothing I have ever seen. When I purchased the gc2 I didn't want fsx and the sale required about two weeks of phone calls and deal making to finally consummate a transaction. I think I agreed to put $500 dollars down for the software in the future. Maybe they thought their sales would be more more corporate driven, but it is strange they do not work well with residential customers.
    Last edited by Bmn3960; 01-07-2017, 05:50 PM.

Comment

I bought my GC2 with FSX a little over a year ago. No way I trade in my GC2 for $3k to FS and let them make $1k+ in profit by selling it as a refurbished unit. FS is out of their minds! This is not like unloading a used set of irons at Golfsmith (or similar) where you take a $100 hit compared to the hassle of selling used on ebay. Why would anyone do this unless your existing GC2 needs repairs...and the FS buy-back is not contingent on condition of the unit? That is the only way it would possibly make sense, with FS absorbing the repairs at their cost.

The move that would make sense to me is buying a new HMT for $6k under the group buy deal that was posted on here. That gets me all the benefits of GC2 + HMT with FSX, and I have something (GC2 + HMT) that is still worth something on the used market if I ever decide to make a move to the GCQ with ball/club down the road.

Comment

If your GC2 needs repaired, then Foresight will repair it and deduct the cost from the trade in value. That's what the T&C's for the trade in say!

I'm sure I was over $6500 for mine. $2950 is an insult!!

Can anyone advise what they've been offered for trading in an FR1 dongle or an HMT?
        It was only a few weeks ago I was offered an 'end of year discount' on an HMT for $5700!

Comment

I just paid $5500 for an hmt this week.

Comment

Well well well. The $500 transfer fee is starting to make more sense now. Foresight has plans to sell used units and wanted to make the private sales more costly. Either way I don't see the added benefits worth the cost at this point. I have a request out but still waiting to hear back. Not too optimistic at this point

Comment

Here is an article on the gcquad

Comment

I placed my deposit down this am for the GCQ. Trading in my GC2 and HMT which is a little less than a year old. I like the more portable unit that I can take to my club and/or the range. Granted, I could do it with my old unit but it's a bit of a pain as it's two separate pieces and kind of awkward to carry around. Plus the new unit is 50%more accurate on spin and getting 65% back on old electronics is a pretty good deal IMO.
                Last edited by RCorsa; 01-07-2017, 08:14 PM.

Comment

I want to see FS do well because I have a unit, but part of me wants to see them get a huge wake up call by a competitor coming into the market and torching them. The Skytrak unit probably hurt them a little, but not much. The only other one out there seemingly positioned to have a chance would be the ES16. If they can somehow pull things together, or Skytrak can come up with a club tracker, FS could really have a problem.

Not sure how many commercial accounts there are out there for FS and the GCQ these days, especially with brick and mortar stores like Golfsmith having financial problems. The GCQ would not seem to be well suited to commercial simulator locations with drunk hackers damaging the units. Golf academies and college golf teams would seem to be strong markets, though.

One plus of the GCQ coming out is that it should bring more used HMT's to the market at a decent price. Those have always been hard to come by used.

Comment

so 65% of 6.5K retail price? I'll do 69% Is there something that binds you to having to trade in all of your registered equipment in order to be able to pre-order? easy to lose those HMT's you know

Comment

Confirmed that new unit will only work with FSX software. Just an FYI for those who were looking to use other software platforms. It looks amazing, but I am trying to tell what the difference between the ball only GCQ and GC2. Some obvious improvements over GC2, but why not just go full in and get the total package!

Comment

• cspin
                        cspin commented
                        Editing a comment
                        FSX only...FS just eliminated another group of potential home sim buyers. Those who love TGC aren't gonna want to give it up for FSX courses.

To clear up my above comment. Evidently Foresight is selling a ball only GCQ ,and ball and club data GCQ. I don't know how much better the ball only one GCQ will be compared to the GC2. I love the new look of the unit and a lot of the new options, so if I bought in, I think I would go all in on the ball & club date GC! It will probably be a wait and see game for me as it is expensive. I was quoted a trade in of $1950, which still leaves a big dent.

As I was told that the unit only supports FSX software and absolutely NO 3rd party software, I tend to believe they have done enough work on this new device to encrypt the data. It will be interesting to see.

Comment

Col, others say they've confirmed with fs that Bluetooth and TGC will work. What did you hear?
                        My Courses:
                        World Par 3's by mthunt
                        Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                        Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                        Weston G&CC by mthunt
                        London Hunt Club L mthunt
                        Park CC Lidar mthunt
                        Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                        Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                        Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                        Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                        The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                        The National GC L mthunt
                        Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                        Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                        Markland Woods CC mthunt
                        Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                        Magna GC L mthunt
                        Barrie CC L mthunt
                        mthunt Range

Comment

• aeroburner
                          aeroburner commented
                          Editing a comment
                          and from whom is my question

Read the article posted above. It says expanded connectivity without mention of Bluetooth.
                        My Courses:
                        World Par 3's by mthunt
                        Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                        Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                        Weston G&CC by mthunt
                        London Hunt Club L mthunt
                        Park CC Lidar mthunt
                        Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                        Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                        Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                        Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                        The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                        The National GC L mthunt
                        Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                        Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                        Markland Woods CC mthunt
                        Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                        Magna GC L mthunt
                        Barrie CC L mthunt
                        mthunt Range

Comment

I too, like you all hope I am wrong, and it will support bluetooth output to FSX, TGC & other software. I was told specifically by my salesperson that it will only support FSX software and no 3rd party software. I am just trying to state this so that people who think that they can buy the GCQ and connect directly to TGC via bluetooth should make sure they can ,if that is a big part of purchasing this awesome new LM. At this point in time, it may be a deterrence passed along to me, and personally I am hoping it is, because I want this GCQ pretty bad if I could afford it. I've been doing business with my salesman for 4 years and he has been very good to me. When I asked about compatibility, he said "The QUAD will ONLY work with the FSX software…..no other third party engine" Take that as it is, but I am still amazed at the potential product that Foresight has created. It looks like an absolute beast!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Plus the fact that it is WIFI makes me think that they could just send this data directly from the unit to the software. Bluetooth would be to support the iPad app, but I think they could send this data via WIFI and bypass bluetooth. Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                            X