TGC/GC2 issue- random shots not registering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC/GC2 issue- random shots not registering

This issue is relatively minor, but I'm posting in the hopes that there is a fix available. I haven't posed a ticket with Protee (who is excellent to deal with in terms of resolving tech support issues, by the way,) because this issue is sporadic.

What I'm talking about is that somewhere around 5% of the time, maybe less, I take a swing and my GC2 registers the shot but TGC does not. When audited, GSX and Protee both show the shot detail as read by the GC2, but as far as TGC is concerned, it's like the shot never happened. Most often, the next shot will register. Sometimes, it isn't until the third shot until it starts working again.

Has anyone else run into this? It's annoying more than anything, but it can be especially frustrating if the GC2 registers a perfect shot for the scenario and TGC doesn't give credit for it, and then the replacement shot goes like crap! The flip side is if a crap shot doesn't show up it gives a second chance to get it right.

-Bob

yes I have also i think I thought it was the lighting or something please post results from protee to the fix they did a patch on 3.10 and this patch might have some bugs left on this. protee will get this working correctly i am sure

Comment

mine did this last night during match play. everything was working fine and then on one drive and it didn't register. after the next one didn't register, i closed gsx, rebooted the gc2, reconnected and all was well for the rest of the evening.

Comment

there has to be some glitch in the interface on the transfer of data to TGC

Comment

You know after updating to 3.10b from 3.08 I had maybe 2 shots do that. I was playing "live" both rounds it did it but. I assumed it might be from playing live. Interesting. I had never had a single shot do that on previous version of the software. I don't have many rounds on 3.10b yet, so I can't say it's a version of protee thing yet for sure. It's just that I never had it with many rounds on previous version.

the other thing I noticed is that 3.10 will give the decimal of the initial direction on shots and by rounded. I am not sure if this is a "visual" only or if the underling data fed to TGC changed. You can see when I switched versions by my shot history when my putts start showing decimals.

Comment

• Stingreye
            Stingreye commented
            Editing a comment
            I play on my patio with relatively poor lighting at night most of the time. there is a couple led spot lights and one led bulb behind me. Only had 1 or maybe 2 misreads on the GC2. You will know because you will have lines on the GC2. I think this issue is the getting data into TGC. Let me know how it goes. I am tempted to try the mthunt range with 3.10 and see if it duplicates the issues. It will likely take 60 shots to get that issue/problem. I know I never had it with 3.08........ Tony in our round live is running an older than 3.10 version and never had the issue. I remember we talked about his protee version.

• aeroburner
            aeroburner commented
            Editing a comment
            i wish i could help on the testing but 60 shots for no reason would put me out for the night with my elbow, i got to save those shots for the game tonight

• Stingreye
            Stingreye commented
            Editing a comment
            I had the issues both of my last two rounds. I will downgrade and report back here if I have any more issues. Hope to play tonight. See if those no reads disappear.

I went through my shot history and I can't really tell if the shots are recorded or not..... interesting. Is there a way to turn on logging so we can open a file and see if there is an error getting the data to TGC?

Comment

It is not a lighting issue guys. Use your GC2 screen (unless you have the model without.) If the GC2 doesn't read the shot (which is rare) it will register all lines as someone above said. In every case this issue has shown a shot on the GC2 which then transferred to GSX and Protee, which means the issue isn't in the GC2 registering the shot nor is it in Bluetooth. Something is happening between the interface software and TGC. It'll be difficult to troubleshoot as it is a few and far between issue.

Comment

• aeroburner
              aeroburner commented
              Editing a comment
              well then i am getting not shot readings then through the TGC as i get readings on the gc2 when this occurs. @protee will you please look into this issue and let us know

Try downloading the previous version 3.08g here:
            http://csc.protee-united.com/hc/en-u...-10b-available

i had zero problems with 3.08g. See if the problem disappears.

edit: I can't read.... 3.07g😱
            Last edited by Stingreye; 12-16-2016, 09:53 PM. Reason: I can't read

Comment

I cant i run protee also and there is a V and H cam upgrade at 3.10 that will disappear if i go backwards

Comment

Are you playing online? I've had his happen and I think it was server issue happen lately.
                My Courses:
                World Par 3's by mthunt
                Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                Weston G&CC by mthunt
                London Hunt Club L mthunt
                Park CC Lidar mthunt
                Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                The National GC L mthunt
                Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                Markland Woods CC mthunt
                Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                Magna GC L mthunt
                Barrie CC L mthunt
                mthunt Range

Comment

• Stingreye
                  Stingreye commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, online and only the past week. I think mine was only with "live" playing partners......but it never happened to Tony who I played with and he was on a GC2 with an even older protee version.

It's likely a server issue.
                My Courses:
                World Par 3's by mthunt
                Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                Weston G&CC by mthunt
                London Hunt Club L mthunt
                Park CC Lidar mthunt
                Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                The National GC L mthunt
                Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                Markland Woods CC mthunt
                Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                Magna GC L mthunt
                Barrie CC L mthunt
                mthunt Range

Comment

Confirmed it was NOT a 3.10 issue. It did it on 3.08 for me today while playing live. It seems more sensitive when playing live.

Comment

not playing live but had at least 3 of theses my round

TGC data reveived: {"protocol":"PTSDK", "INFO":{"status":"201", "message":"Invalid launch code"}}

Invalid launch code
                    TGC data reveived: {"protocol":"PTSDK", "INFO":{"status":"201", "message":"Invalid launch code"}}

Invalid launch code
                    TGC data reveived: {"protocol":"PTSDK", "INFO":{"status":"150", "playerName":"Stingreye", "courseName":"Glen Abbey (ProTee) by BoomBoom", "tourName":"TGC Champions of Champions", "playerClub":"I3", "playerHand":"RH", "playerDistanceToFlag":"316.66", "playerSurface":"TEE"}}

Comment

• Stingreye
                      Stingreye commented
                      Editing a comment
                      after another couple no launches i downgraded to 3.07 to see if its any better and if its the same code.

Thanks ProTee United I updated to 3.10D. Worked perfectly. I probably shot around 120 shots last night without a single launch error.

Comment

• aeroburner
                      aeroburner commented
                      Editing a comment
                      what no call out here also stingr lol my wife would have killed me hitting at 1AM to get over to protee the data needed luckily i was able to get it to misread on the fourth shot. so dennis and I escaped the red headed irish womans wrath haha. but the interface patch worked flawless last night thank you protee with the quick fix. on to the group issues now on getting fixed. Anyone that is playing match play or group that is recording rounds and this happens we need the video time it occurred and a screenshot of the interfaces when this happens to get over to protee to help on this fix I will be playing tonight a group round with Wyz and we both will be recording round others please help
                      Last edited by aeroburner; 12-20-2016, 05:52 PM.

• Stingreye
                      Stingreye commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Aeroburner. Its true you did all the troubleshooting with protee, I just complained and downgraded to an old version! lol. The bigger thank you deserve is getting the online play momentum going. There is a game almost every night. Very cool!

• aeroburner
                      aeroburner commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Dude your awesome bro lmao

So do I have the right version? What is the fix for me?

Comment

Working...
                  X