HMT and FR1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMT and FR1

Does HMT data show up in FR1? I'm not having any luck having it show up. Btw, all the data does appear in the apple app, so I know the HMT is working correctly.
    Last edited by Cklguy2013; 12-22-2016, 03:27 PM.

Do you have the GC2 connected to your pc via USB? HMT data will only display wirelessly thru the iPad app, as far as I know.
    Last edited by Point280; 12-22-2016, 11:11 AM.

Comment

GC2 is connected to computer wireless through Bluetooth, so you're thinking I need to use USB cable to computer for data to show in FR1?

Comment

Yes! That should solve it.

Comment

when I connect cable to computer via the usb cable it can't find device of driver, showing as unknown device. But does recognize when I use my bluetooth.
          Last edited by Cklguy2013; 12-22-2016, 02:17 PM.

Comment

So FR-1 doesn't see the GC2 at all when connected with USB?

Comment

that's correct, nothing when connected with USB cable. When via bluetooth FR1 sees shot and ball data, but not club data.

Comment

• Stingreye
                Stingreye commented
                Editing a comment
                I had to install the "Foresight Components" again (I think it was 1.3?) to get my GC2 to connect via USB to FR1. I don't have HMT but that is what it took. It also updated FR1 I think. The main menu changed from online play (or maybe it was network play) to "LAN Play". This does't apply to HMT but it was what it took to get my GC2 recognized.

FR1, if running USB or bluetooth the same data transfers does not make a difference between this. Point went after the apple app in his first thread. plug in the cord if you want its not going to do any difference data will be the same

Comment

Yes I'm getting all data on the apple app via bluetooth... but still not in FR1, I have a call into Ryan..
                Last edited by Cklguy2013; 12-22-2016, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• aeroburner
                  aeroburner commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ryan is on vaca till the first of the year text me or go to chat

Just verified in FSX. Only the GC2 is recognized in FSX via Bluetooth connection. When plugged in via USB, both HMT and GC2 are connected. The apple apple app allows both through Bluetooth. I'm pretty sure it's a limitation on the HMT through the pc software. I cant remember if FR-1 has the GC2/HMT icon on the home screen like FSX does, but in FSX that brings up the connection options. If that helps... otherwise it might be a USB/PC issue.
                Last edited by Point280; 12-22-2016, 04:39 PM. Reason: GC2/HMT "icon" on home screen.

Comment

Hey Aero, you're getting HMT data in FR-1 over Bluetooth? Maybe my system's goofed up... Lol. I could've sworn I read somewhere that it had to be a USB connection for the pc software to read both.

Comment

• aeroburner
                    aeroburner commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You do not need to be connected to a hardwire for HMT to work This info is coming direct from foresight and was confirmed this morning again
                    Last edited by aeroburner; 12-22-2016, 07:19 PM.

• Point280
                    Point280 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ok. I'll have to troubleshoot my system then. That was the only way I could get the hmt to work in FSX. Good to know, thank you.

Of course it never rains but it pours, my internet at home is down so when I connected via USB cable the driver couldn't be found..

Comment

• Point280
                    Point280 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No doubt huh!? Ugh

Ok. So I've been connected by USB for so long that I hadn't checked the Bluetooth connection. Turns out my pc wouldn't connect to the GC2 via BT. It would show as paired, but FSX wouldn't recognize it at this point, nor would TGC (haven't played in a few weeks). I followed the thread regarding the latest windows 10 update, removed the GC2 in device manager, then reinstalled as the same. aeroburner is 100% correct! FSX reads both via Bluetooth. I must've had similar issues when I first attempted to get it all up and running. Thanks aero! CK, I'm of no help at this point!!!

Comment

• aeroburner
                    aeroburner commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Haha glad we could help

• Point280
                    Point280 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, it showed connected to both in the GC2/HMT window. But no go on club data. So I think FSX might be the same as FR-1, requiring hardwiring. But I'm glad I got to troubleshoot the Bluetooth! That would've had me hot when I fired up TGC! I'm gonna keep tinkering. I only tried with a one-dot club, all I had time to do. So maybe I don't have FSX configured to read single dot. I know I have the latest version, but maybe there's an option within the software to adjust for it, like there is on the unit itself? I can't get either to read club data now with a one-dot club. And to be honest, it was a putter. And I've never used a putter in the pc app. Before. I'll play around with it when I have a little more time. Good post.

I talked to Scott at Foresight, he was great to deal with. Two fixes, first I need to install the new driver, and second, FR1 does require a cable to transmit HMT data.. did those two things and voila HMT data showed up! Thanks to Scott and everyone else for their help.

Now I just need to figure out how to have my clubface a little more open at impact. lol...
                  Last edited by Cklguy2013; 12-22-2016, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• aeroburner
                    aeroburner commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So you need to be hardwire now I talked Ryan this morning about your issue and he was going to call you glad you guys hooked up. and it was Bluetooth was fine for Fr1 well glad it's working
                    Last edited by aeroburner; 12-22-2016, 07:27 PM.

• Cklguy2013
                    Cklguy2013 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes happy to have working heading into a bit of break.

So, for clarity:
                  Have we confirmed that HMT club data does not display in FR1 software unless the GC2 is connected via USB cable?
                  thanks
                  john

Comment

Working...
                  X