Please help with my hardware and or software issues re: TGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with my hardware and or software issues re: TGC

First off- TGC support is fantastic! I have also opened a ticket with them as I'm confident they can help, but I'm posting this up here as well in case anyone else is running into the same type of issue I'm having. In a nutshell- when I first start using my sim for the day, I have a hard time just starting everything up and getting the game running. I've run into all kinds of different issues with connectivity starting up for the day but generally after I get it running it's good to go for the rest of the time I'm using it, until it is stored again. I'll try to provide as much diagnosis detail as possible.

Set up data- I'm running an ASUS ROG gaming laptop on Windows 10. I have a GC2A, and it is connected with Protee 3.10D, the most recent version. The laptop has an internal Bluetooth adapter, and everything seems to work great in terms of pairing, though I haven't figured out how to get the laptop to the point where I enter in 0000 as the passcode. The laptop provides a random code that asks if it matches the GC2, and when I hit "yes" it pairs.

Generally speaking, I need to reboot my PC to be able to run TGC after the last session, otherwise my shot data doesn't register in TGC. I THINK it is because I need to restart the server, and any time I try "stop server" I get the spinning wheel of no progress. When I restart the PC, I boot Protee, then GSX, then I slide the switch to "On," boot up TGC, start server, and start game. If I don't restart the PC, generally TGC doesn't show the shots, even if GSX does.

Yesterday, that process didn't work, and I needed to re-pair my GC2 to get it to work. After that, everything worked great up until I lost my internet connection, at which point I also lost shot registering on TGC. I had to reboot, re-pair, and then it started working again.

Has anyone else run into anything at all like this? What was your resolution? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Originally posted by bm11 View Post

1: I bought the ASUS Bluetooth dongle recommended in a number of threads here, and lost considerable connection power compared to my internal. My internal Bluetooth never has connection issues, always stays connected, and has no delay. The issue that I'm running into is that getting it hooked up for the first time of the day is a bear, and seems to be a TGC issue. Based on my success with the internal Bluetooth and my failure with the external, I'm feeling a bit "once bitten twice shy" on trying another option, especially since fixing the wiped out internal Bluetooth was a huge process after installing the external adapter.

2: This is the fix for the issue I have been having- even if both Protee and GSX are running and register the shot from the GC2, TGC doesn't acknowledge the shot unless I start the server fresh from the last time I played. For example- I play Thursday and put everything away. Sunday I go out to play, the GC2 connects to my laptop via Bluetooth no problem, connects in Protee and GSX, but then I swing a club the ball doesn't move in TGC. Protee and GSX both show the shot but TGC does not. If I stop the server and reconnect, everything works until the next time I go to play where I have to go through the same process.

3. I'm running full screen, yes. I have something funky going with my graphics settings that I can't figure out how to change though, which is why I'm running it full screen. Maybe someone could walk me through a fix? My preferred resolution is 1920x1080 to match my projector. When I first start up TGC the window and some of my background on my PC show up in crappy 640x480 resolution. If I choose 1920x1080 in full screen, I get nice HD graphics. If I choose 1920x1080 windowed, I get really crappy, blown up 640x480 graphics. This was not always the case and is the result of some setting that got toggled, if anyone could walk me through a fix it would be much appreciated.

I really enjoy sim golf and so do my friends, but the issues I have been running into with getting TGC to work have got me considering buying FSX at this point, as my experiences with FR1 with one exception have been simply "boot up the software while the GC2 is running and go."

Thanks,

Bob
    I've never been able to run full screen. Whenever I try eventually it goes,to windowed and the graphics are jacked. If I try to switch from windowed to full screen or the other way the graphics get jacked. When I run windowed it's always stable.

Im not sure what to say on your Bluetooth issues. I only had those issues when my Bluetooth was too far away or when other devices are connected. For example I cannot connect unless I delete the ES16 profile.
    My Courses:
    World Par 3's by mthunt
    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
    Weston G&CC by mthunt
    London Hunt Club L mthunt
    Park CC Lidar mthunt
    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
    The National GC L mthunt
    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
    Markland Woods CC mthunt
    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
    Magna GC L mthunt
    Barrie CC L mthunt
    mthunt Range

Comment

Originally posted by aeroburner View Post
      ProTeeGolfOnline With protee back from vacation have you had them mobile connect with support on these exact issues has a ticket been pulled
      No, the last support ticket I submitted had someone suggesting that I buy an aftermarket Bluetooth connector. Now I have a better idea of what will help me out so I can benefit more from a remote session I think.

Comment

Make sure they mobile connect though take your laptop to work if you have too

Comment

Originally posted by mthunt View Post

I've never been able to run full screen. Whenever I try eventually it goes,to windowed and the graphics are jacked. If I try to switch from windowed to full screen or the other way the graphics get jacked. When I run windowed it's always stable.

Im not sure what to say on your Bluetooth issues. I only had those issues when my Bluetooth was too far away or when other devices are connected. For example I cannot connect unless I delete the ES16 profile.
          OK cool, that gives me something to focus on.

Does anyone know how to "fix" the graphics settings from what I have now?

Comment

I have a targus 4.0 Bluetooth and it works fine and I have an older version of the protee interface 3.06g and have no issues. Sorry about your problems BM.. hopefully you get it ironed out with a remote session..

Comment

Originally posted by bm11 View Post

OK cool, that gives me something to focus on.

Does anyone know how to "fix" the graphics settings from what I have now?
              What happens if you leave the projector off and run in windowed mode only on the laptop in 1080P? It looks like all the Asus ROG laptops support 1080p native on the screens, otherwise that is something I would verify.

Comment

Stingreye and others- I had Protee remote in, and they fixed the issue I was having. I believe I made the error when trying to finish a game once the screen minimized, and they went into a bunch of folders and deleted things and reset other things. Now when I run it windowed it works like it should, and now I know to run it that way and not windowless.

Overall I'd say I've made a lot of progress toward functionality, thanks for all the input everyone!

Comment

• Stingreye
                  Stingreye commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Awesome!!! Did you inquire about your blueooth issues?

Glad to here it bm11

Comment

Awesome news..

Comment

Stingreye- I didn't ask about my Bluetooth because I haven't been having issues. As long as I manually stop the server before starting fresh, I don't run into any Bluetooth issues at all. It's kind of weird but I'll continue to troubleshoot. Having to restart the server is very minor in comparison to what we were going through.

Comment

• Stingreye
                      Stingreye commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Got it! I am with you, I would do the same. Takes 60 seconds to reboot server and you only have to do it once. I always turn off the server when I am done playing, so I wonder if that's why I never ran into that issue. I wonder if the cleanup they did for your graphics card will clean up that issue too.
                  Working...
                  X