X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC/Protee - GSX Settings and Bluetooth adapter

Settings for GSX when used with TGC:

Set all carry, back spin, and side spin settings to default of zero.
    Putting speed = (set to what feels right for your turf).
    Putting forgiveness set to 2.
    All penalty settings must be at default of zero

Bluetooth adapters working:
    Asus USB-BT400 Bluetooth 4.0
    4Cirago Bluetooth 4.0 BTA8000 with Extended Range(EDR)

If you're having Bluetooth connection issues, definitely try a different brand Bluetooth adapter. If you're using the metal protective cage, try connecting without the GC2 being in the cage. Also, don't just plug the adapter in the back of the computer. Use a 6-15 foot USB extension cable to attach the Bluetooth adapter. This will put it out in the open an allow for a better signal.

GC2 Bluetooth Adapter Code: 0000
    Last edited by Maverick; 12-24-2014, 04:36 PM.

HW, I'll install Team Viewer this evening when I'm home, and ping you here if you're around. Thanks!

Comment

Hey guys,

I validated that I am connected via Bluetooth, even though the windows bluetooth device manager isn't stating it's connected. Now I just have to figure out the settings to get it to read the shot data. I'll contact ProTee support for help. HW, thanks for volunteering to help me out! I'm glad I didn't have to waste any of your time with this.

Comment

Sounds good.

Comment

It might just be a matter of creating the com port and using that port in GSX. Input is GC2 com port and output is the IP address of your sim PC to connect to Protee 2.0.

Comment

Ok, thanks Zmax. I'll take a look at these... It seems the input coms have been consistent, but I'm not sure about the output settings.

Comment

I thought I'd post my current settings for both games. I'll keep updating this post. If something isn't listed it means it's set to 0.

[PROTEE]

GSX: 0.5.5

Interface: 3.0.1d

Penalties
              -------------
              Rough: 10
              GSB: 32
              High Rough: 20
              Fairway Bunker: 15
              GSB Distance: 30

Carry Adjustments
              ---------------------
              Driver: 5
              Fairway Woods: 5

Backspin Adjustments
              -------------------------
              Wedges: 10

Putting:
              --------
              Speed: max (this is a personal preference setting)
              Forgiveness: 2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TGC]

GSX: 0.5.5
              Interface: 3.0.2d

Penalties
              -------------
              Rough: 0
              GSB: 0
              High Rough: 0
              Fairway Bunker: 0
              GSB Distance: 0

Putting:
              --------
              Speed: 25
              Forgiveness: 2
              Last edited by HWoods; 11-02-2014, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JV17 View Post
                Hey guys,
                I validated that I am connected via Bluetooth, even though the windows bluetooth device manager isn't stating it's connected. Now I just have to figure out the settings to get it to read the shot data. I'll contact ProTee support for help. HW, thanks for volunteering to help me out! I'm glad I didn't have to waste any of your time with this.
                My bluetooth device manager does the same thing it works but does not show its connected. Also the Kinivo BTD-400 Bluetooth 4.0 USB adapter works. When you add the device run the software first it will prompt you to plug in the USB adapter.
                Last edited by mayassa; 11-13-2014, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Updated first post with TGC settings.

Comment

If your not recording shots or your Bluetooth dongle is dropping the signal:

Pick up one of these USB extender cables and run your Bluetooth dongle closer to your CG2.

Comment

• I just got TGC for the GC2 and I am wondering what are the ideal settings for GSX. From my understanding, the GC2 doesn't use the ProTee interface settings at all, but it does use the GSX. I would like to do the least amount of tweaking if possible, but want reasonable accuracy. For the most recent version, is it still best to have all settings set to 0 except putting forgiveness at 2. It seems recently people are saying the driver should be set to anywhere from 5-7? If anyone can share what they believe to be the ideal settings it would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
                      I was ultimately hoping that I wouldn't have to change anything and it would just take the exact readout from the GC2. Finally, are penalties built into the Golf Cub, rough, bunkers, etc.
                      Thanks for all input!!!

Comment

• Col, I think we all have everything at 0 for TGC. I do, and it works perfectly. Yes, TGC already has penalties built in. Some guys might tweak driver if their distance seems low, but everyone I've chatted to about this is all 0s. Good luck, and enjoy!

Comment

• Thank you JV17!!!!! Keeping everything at 0 is easy and sounds great to me. I never really want to tweak with settings. I chose the GC2 because it is plug and play with overall excellent accuracy. I hear the Pro Tee system is awesome and with their customer support, I can see why. However, I am not too technically inclined with cameras and settings, which steered me away.

Comment

• Finally played with TCG and it is amazing. I definitely have to align my shots a little better using the putting green as I am offset to the right a bit and things are going a little left. Looking to see how the update works coming in Jan. My main question is for club choice. Is it necessary with a GC2 to tell TGC what club you are using? I am hoping that it shouldn't matter since all the sliders are at zero. Would be a bit tedious to always have to select the club I am using. Thanks for any input!!!!

Comment

• No need to select your club. It doesn't change anything from a ball flight modeling perspective. It only helps to judge distance when you hit "Q" to see where the ball would land on that line and club distance.

Comment

• Thank you! I wish I was a one handicap!

Comment

Working...
                                X