Foresight iPad App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foresight iPad App

They've just updated their iPad app. Looks more cosmetic than anything else, but glad to see the putter's been added to club options.
    Last edited by Point280; 01-26-2017, 01:28 AM. Reason: Referring to the Performance Fitting App

I have the update, and it's mainly geared towards GCQ (Wi-fi connect) and FSX Live, and new interface. I would test it, but GC2 is still at shop......patiently waiting....

Comment

Totally agree. GCQ driven. Nothing but GCQ pics within the app to make you drool. On-going support for the GC2/HMT, despite its purported inferiority, is a plus. I really wanna see them make some strides in the putter analysis realm. Not much out there that contributes to this aside from the usual suspects (PING iCradle, Skypro, 3Bays GSA Putt, etc.,). TOMI Pro, and of course SAM Putt Lab are the obvious choices, at extreme ends of the affordability factor, for very detailed analysis. The putter addition to the "One Dot" update was a huge step in the right direction. Like I mentioned, good to see them add a putter option to the club selection within the Performance iPad app. Perhaps a very good sign of things to come!

Comment

• leoapd
        leoapd commented
        Editing a comment
        In depth putter analysis would be great. I don't have HMt, but hopefully will run into a good used one down the road someday. Do you know if the 500 reg fee to Foresight is required for support on a used HMT in addition to the GC2 fee? Meaning, if I buy a used HMT down the road, will another 500 be needed for support?

• Point280
        Point280 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a great question. I'm really not sure. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if they implemented the same fee for the HMT, although that device is obviously not a stand-alone unit like the GC2. Definitely worth finding out before you jump in. Maybe aeroburner would have more insight on this. He's dealt extensively with Foresight here recently on pre-owned units/transfers.

• aeroburner
        aeroburner commented
        Editing a comment
        i will ask today on this an get back to you on there answer will let you know in a bit.

Originally posted by Point280 View Post
      They've just updated their iPad app. Looks more cosmetic than anything else, but glad to see the putter's been added to club options.
      Also went from $50 to $0, which was an unexpected bonus. Possibly unintentional, so get it while you can...

Comment

What is the name of the app? Thanks

Comment

Just search foresight there are two, looks like the base screen display and the performance one. I don't currently have a gc2 but figured maybe down the road so I downloaded both.

Comment

I just grabbed the performance app on my original ipad. Couldn't install the latest version due to the iPad being discontinued from OS upgrades like 10 years ago.

But I utilized the compatibility setting to then download the old app, still for free.

Pumped cuz I didn't plan on spending the $50 for the app just to probably not use it that much.

It's new to me, I guess. So that's cool. Thanks for the heads up Torch.

Comment

It is pretty cool.. great for range sessions when the weather breaks...

Comment

• leoapd
                leoapd commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks good. I am assuming no HMT? Does it calculate any club data at all based on the ball data. Not very familiar, but I believe FR1 puts out some general club numbers based on ball data.

• goatbarn
                goatbarn commented
                Editing a comment
                HMT data is displayed only if one is connected.

Originally posted by TorchRedRob View Post

Also went from $50 to $0, which was an unexpected bonus. Possibly unintentional, so get it while you can...
              Great find! Just snagged it myself too. Must have only happened in the last couple of days

Comment

Glad I saw this tonight. Just grabbed the app.

Comment

Just downloaded it now on my computer, but couldn't find it on my iPhone app store for some reason? I use the same account for both, so I'm assuming once I try to download it on an iPad I shouldn't have to pay, correct?

Comment

• goatbarn
                    goatbarn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maybe you can't see it because it's not compatible with your version of iPad/OS?

Originally posted by JoeJoeJoeUrBoat View Post
                  Just downloaded it now on my computer, but couldn't find it on my iPhone app store for some reason? I use the same account for both, so I'm assuming once I try to download it on an iPad I shouldn't have to pay, correct?
                  If your trying to find the app on your iPhone I don't think it will show up since the app is an ipad app or use a ipad

Comment

Just upgrade my gc2 to be able to use ipad app with assistance of aeroburner. Hope to get the unit back soon. It's great that the app is now free!

Comment

When I delete a bad shot, I seem to lose the ball tracers in the range view. Anyone else see that or know how to get it to redraw the flight tracers?

Comment

Figured it out for anyone else who runs into this. If you edit your shots after you're done hitting, it seems to not redraw the range tracer view. But if you hit
                        another shot after editing, they all come back into view

Comment

Working...
                        X