Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the ES16 better than GC2 with HMT

Hi

I'm in the process of building my golf simulator and is in between GC2 with HMT and ES16

3 Questions

1) Is the ES16 accurate
    2) is it better or equal to GC2 with HMT
    3) is it worth the money?

thanks

I believe the universal answer would be that the GC2 + HMT is the most accurate.

The ES16 might get close to it one day (software updates), but I would be surprised if it's ever considered as good. Right now some of the club data is calculated, not measured, but they have stated they plan on eventually being able to measure the data.

Comment

Originally posted by rabol View Post
      Hi

I'm in the process of building my golf simulator and is in between GC2 with HMT and ES16

3 Questions

1) Is the ES16 accurate
      2) is it better or equal to GC2 with HMT
      3) is it worth the money?

thanks
      The later update on the ES16 has been great. The accuracy has really improved. I would certainly recommend it for good ball and club data.

1. Yes
      2. No
      3. Yes

Comment

I've been thinking about Bubba's answer above, and I think he's right. I wrote in another thread that one cannot count on the ES 16 to help improve ones real game, Since I have used it to improve my wedge game, that criticism a bit unfair. It is not perfect for sure, but it is useful and most data is reasonably accurate.

Comment

Guys - What are the space requirements for a ES16? does it use less space than trackman?

Comment

I do not know what kind of setup the Trackman needs, but Ernest Sports states the ES-16 only needs 10 foot between it and the screen. But as far as accuracy you can look at the pictures and see what I get for accuracy off mine. Hard to make any game improvements when you can not trust the readings you get. I can not get a good reading on launch angle or directions off mine, and club and ball speeds seem to change when ever you turn the system off then turn it back on.

Comment

Originally posted by rabol View Post
              Hi

Do a little bit of research and read some of the posts on here...
              You’ll find lots of disgruntled ES16 owners, and lots of happy GC2 / HMT owners.

The GC2 has a proven track record, and you’ll find very few people with anything bad to say about it.

Simple answer... pay the extra and go with the GC2, and be safe in the knowledge that it’ll all work flawlessly!

Comment

Trackman 4 is rated to work In a 14 foot room. Trackman and Foresight are not in the same conversation as an ES. Miles apart.
                My Courses:
                World Par 3's by mthunt
                Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                Weston G&CC by mthunt
                London Hunt Club L mthunt
                Park CC Lidar mthunt
                Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                The National GC L mthunt
                Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                Markland Woods CC mthunt
                Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                Magna GC L mthunt
                Barrie CC L mthunt
                mthunt Range

Comment

yes stay away from the ES16 for sure a lot of bad press on that one, and if you do actually buy one we need to talk as i have some property that might have oil in the ground for sale.
                  Last edited by aeroburner; 11-02-2017, 04:19 AM.

Comment

LOL @ this question.

Comment

I'm not sure this question is entirely fair... isn't an HMT with the GC2 costing around $12000 new whereas the ES16 is around half that. The ES16 shouldn't have been released when it was... no questioning that; however, the last few firmware updates have really moved the machine forward. It's no GC2 from what I'm hearing but it's surpassed the Skytrak in so many ways and costs nowhere near a GC2+HMT. It also doesn't need stickers on it which is kind of nice.. I believe the HMT needs those to track the club head....

Comment

• mthunt
                        mthunt commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You're correct. The HMT only works with stickers.

Originally posted by Lefty13 View Post
                      I'm not sure this question is entirely fair... isn't an HMT with the GC2 costing around $12000 new whereas the ES16 is around half that. The ES16 shouldn't have been released when it was... no questioning that; however, the last few firmware updates have really moved the machine forward. It's no GC2 from what I'm hearing but it's surpassed the Skytrak in so many ways and costs nowhere near a GC2+HMT. It also doesn't need stickers on it which is kind of nice.. I believe the HMT needs those to track the club head....
                      I think it's reasonable fair to compare it with something twice the price when you're comparing it with something a 1/3rd of the price.

Comment

• Lefty13
                        Lefty13 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Good point... . However, I was just setting addressing the main topic here...none of these are an apple to apple comparison but I'd say the ES16 was behind the Skytrak for a while...

The only difference is that you will get most your money back out of a GC2/HMT where as a new 5000.00 ES16 your lucky to get 1700 which is right in line with a used skytrak.

Comment

Working...
                      X