This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ernest Sports ES16 - New Camera Based LM

• I'm told 1.4 has bugs and that's why they haven't officially released it yet. So, don't update if you haven't.

I took mine to the range today. It worked ok, but still no club data outside in the sun. I do remember once on an overcast day forgetting to put it into outside mode (and it worked), so I guess it may be a possibility to have it under a canopy in the shade and keep it in indoor mode to get all data.

Comment

• Too late for me, wish we were able to roll back the firmware.

Comment

• Update to 1.44, if you're on 1.40, but if you're on 138 stay there until you get a good report on 1.44. They released 1.44 for testing. In the future, I would say don't try to update unless you're having a problem with a firmware or know what is out and ok with it.

I agree 1.38 was good and I agree that 1.40 had a longer recognition delay. I'll hit some in a bit and report on 1.44.

Comment

• FYI, this is what you get currently (on 1.44) in outdoor mode. You get everything but face, path, launch direction, spin axis.

It would certainly be nice to have those outside as well.

Comment

• Just hit 50 balls on 1.44 and so far it seems like the best yet. I still see misreads if I hit mat first (could just be my mat) but when it happens, it's pretty obvious.

Comment

• Thanks for the info Baller, I will update to 1.44. I'm not receiving emails from ES on any updates, talked with them about getting notices on their updates and they said they were not sending them out, so I just I have to hit the update button. I will be more patient in the future.

Comment

• Baller
                Baller commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, I asked a while back because I hadn't received any emails and just like you, I get impatient and hopefully that a new update will bring new features.

I haven't received an update email since November, but I plan on being more patient as well.

• Thanks baller. They should make sure that folks get updates. Yes it would be nice to be able to restore any older updates. I will check with them on that possibility.
              Last edited by Bubba22; 03-12-2017, 04:10 AM.

Comment

• Version 1.44 is better. I was told they were working on an automatic updating were the ES16 would look for new updates that were available. I am very pleased with the support from ES, they have
                been very informative and helpful every time I have talked with them. I am a high handicapper and I am taking lessons using the GC2, I can say that the information between both units are very comparable. The ES has its own quirks if you want to say, placing the ball, but I believe that the ES16 is a very good piece of equipment and Ernest Sports continued improvement will pay off.

Comment

• I'm away golfing but will check out 1.44 once back. Ernest Sports are certainly improving the ES16 with each update. Great to see!

Comment

• They just sent the 1.44 update emails:
                    Firmware version 144 & Windows app version 1.18.0 are now available!
                    You must update your Windows App, update your firmware and recalibrate your unit for full functionality of the update.

The updates include:

1. Improved image processing for more accurate direction, spin and spin axis

2. Improved algorithms for club and ball speed Doppler's

3. Enhanced stability in Bluetooth connection when changing clubs

4. Compatibility with different colored tees

5. Ability to change from indoor to outdoor mode through the app

6. Addition of the Tile View

7. Addition of battery percentage indicator in the app

8. Other minor bug fixes and improvements

Comment

• New update looks really good. Improvements like this are a great sign for the ES16. How has 1.44 been Baller?

Comment

• Baller
                        Baller commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I agree. Seems fantastic to me and the best yet. They finally added a battery meter in the app, and the ability o change to outside mode is huge too and looks like the right/left handed change in the app is coming.

My data seemed correct almost every time and I think my misreads were only because of mishits I had better results with small chips as well.

• Does anyone know why I dont have the option to create a user? Seems like buttons are missing.
                      Thanks

Comment

• Bubba22
                        Bubba22 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not sure Thunder. Looks like your on version 1.18. Try updating firmware and the new app.

• It seems odd, Ive tried uninstalling and reinstall. Im on firmware 1.44. Everything works just fine just no option to create user.

Comment

• Baller
                        Baller commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's in the windows program. I think the little person figure on the bottom left. Pretty sure it's on the bottom left.

• Originally posted by Thundergolf View Post
                      It seems odd, Ive tried uninstalling and reinstall. Im on firmware 1.44. Everything works just fine just no option to create user.
                      When I click that user button, bottom left it doesn't do anything.

Comment

• Lefty13
                        Lefty13 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I doubt this is the reason, but I noticed the bluetooth connection was red which means you weren't connected. Mine is getting updated right now so I can't test it... just throwing this out there... maybe connecting to the bluetooth might enable you to click on it?

• Has anyone tried something like the Callaway hi vis balls with their ES16 to see if that pattern covering the ball either helps or hurts the spin recognition?

Given the repeating pattern, I could see it really screwing everything up, but I am just curious.

Comment

• inorkuo
                        inorkuo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The guys at ernest said not to use truvis balls. I have an email from them about this. also the red truvis turned my screen pink.

• Bubba22
                        Bubba22 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Those Callaway balls do not work.
                    Working...
                    X