This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ernest Sports ES16 - New Camera Based LM

• Lowered the screen resolution and can now see this much of the buttons. It is @ least usable. Just curious what resolution u guys are running?

Comment

• FDPJR
      FDPJR commented
      Editing a comment
      Thundergolf, this fixed my app if you are using windows 10

The problem you have described is related to your computer display settings. Basically the computer has a separate scaling option for apps and programs so they “fit to screen” when this setting is not 100% it will actually enlarge the app so certain features are not seen because they are “off the screen”

If you go into your settings, choose system then select display. One of the first options will be a slider that is labeled “change the size of text, apps, and other items” make sure this is set to 100% and nothing larger. Changing this setting should resolve the issue you are seeing and allow you to create your own user in the app.

Additionally you can also check to make sure the resolution of your computer Is set to a 16:9 ratio, a standard for this is 1920x1080 this is considered 1080p (hi-def). If both of these settings are correct and you are still witnessing the same problem please contact me, so we can continue to work towards a solution.

• Hey Thundergolf , I don't know anything about the specific software you are using, but sometimes buttons will be disabled until you enter something into all of the required fields. Have you tried entering something in the Name, E-mail and Username fields to see if that activates the Create User button?

Comment

• Hey guys. Glad to see the ES16 is continually improving. Couple questions...

Has the FOV improved yet? Are they close to not having to line up the logo? Will we ever see a decrease in shot display time?

Comment

• Baller
        Baller commented
        Editing a comment
        FOV, like camera views from the ball and stuff? If so, they said they may lok at that down the line but it's not a focus. You get that in TGC if you use it.
        Logo: I use balls that have a logo (buy corporate logo overrun balls for my sim) and find I can often just roll the ball over and it's good, but honestly, it isn't difficult to line up the logo.
        Shot display time? It is quick already. If yours is not and there is a large delay, you may have a problem with your unit and you should contact ES.

• sdrthedj
        sdrthedj commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry for not being clear. FOV, meaning ball placement. The FOV that the camera's pick up the placement of the ball from. Has the size of the area improved or is stil a bit narrow?
        The shot display time I see on all the video's shows a 2-3 second delay. Is it smaller now?

• For those that have bought the ES16, what software comes with it? Do you get to demo anything? What prices do they charge for TGC, E6, etc.? I sent an email to Ernest but haven't gotten a reply.

Comment

• Baller
        Baller commented
        Editing a comment
        Range/club testing software for iOS and windows is free. You get a 30 day demo for TGC and E6. They charge you $250 to be able to use it with sim software. Not sure what they charge if you want the software but you also don't have to buy it from them.

• Has the firmware update helped the outside detection. I am considering this or gc2. Seems like they are committed to making this a better unit and I like the idea of head data at that price point. I will mainly be using outside but will eventually piece together an indoor simulator.

Comment

• Baller
        Baller commented
        Editing a comment
        Right now the es16, I feel, is just ok outside. If you're not in direct sunlight it may work great, but not sure. However, I'm confident that they will make it great as they are continually trying to improve it.

It is great indoors, it is great having club data, and it works great on sim software. Also, the range software it comes with is pretty good with some nice features.

• Got a chance to play with the ES16 over the weekend and I agree with Baller, this is the best yet. Really like the updates especially the battery indication. The putting is better, had a few no reads on chipping and the only real misreads were from fat hits. I have never tried outdoors so I can't comment on that.

Comment

• Yes this update is the best so far. The horizontal accuracy is better as is the spin. Putting and chipping much better. Still a few misreads but much better.

Comment

• Looking forward to giving it a try, I sure have missed playing golf heck of a deal to have two different setups and not be able to use either one. I should have my new boots soon and should be able to swing a club without falling on my butt. I got a new prosthetic lab working on them and they couldn't believe how bad a job they last one did on my shoes. If the boots work out OK, I am going to have him put a two inch buildup and brace on a pair of golf shoes for me, that will come out of my pocket but worth it if they work. I had to stir up a fuss and get my state Representative Jason Smith involved to get the VA to do anything about my shoes and get me a new pair of glasses.

Comment

• Baller
            Baller commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow! Way to be persistent and hope it works out!

• Bubba22
            Bubba22 commented
            Editing a comment
            Fantastic BG. Good luck and please keep us posted.

• I got my unit earlier today. Hit a few iron and driver shots. At first I was getting some numbers that were way to long, but then updated the firmware and the numbers came in line with what I would expect. After the firmware update, I don't recall a single miss read for a full iron shot, although several driver shots were no reads or miss reads. I could not get soft chips to read though. Over all, not bad at all.

Some of you have mentioned calibration. How does one go about doing that?

Comment

• Baller
            Baller commented
            Editing a comment
            They recommend calibrating after every update and you should have received a template and instructions. If you didn't, you need to contact them.

• Originally posted by Stonebattle View Post
          I got my unit earlier today. Hit a few iron and driver shots. At first I was getting some numbers that were way to long, but then updated the firmware and the numbers came in line with what I would expect. After the firmware update, I don't recall a single miss read for a full iron shot, although several driver shots were no reads or miss reads. I could not get soft chips to read though. Over all, not bad at all.

Some of you have mentioned calibration. How does one go about doing that?
          Definitely calibrate Stone. There should be a template and tee in a cardboard tube that was sent. In it are the instructions. It's straight forward. With soft chips and putts, try using a harder golf ball or one that is louder as I find they work better than soft balls.

Comment

• Ok, so it sounds like you guys just follow the procedure supplied by Ernest Sports. The readings were not bad after I updated the firmware, although I was getting some miss reads. I calibrated the unit per the procedure supplied. The results are off by quite a bit now. I will try again.

Comment

• Lefty13
              Lefty13 commented
              Editing a comment
              I was told to calibrate in the same room you are playing in to ensure the lighting during calibration is the same as the lighting you'll be playing in...

• As bubba has mentioned, performing calibration and doing it correctly is necessary to get good results. The supplies procedure does not include all of the pitfalls. What I have found for best results is, lighting needs to be consistent with that one will practice or play under, one most use the black tee provided, don't sit or stand close to the ball when the unit is calibrating (white shoes or shirts are very bad) and make sure the unit is reset each time before a new calibration begins. Huge difference.

Still can't seem to get soft chips inside 25 yards or putts inside 20 ft to register, even in the 30 day e6 simulation. Any way to improve this?

Comment

• Baller
              Baller commented
              Editing a comment
              When did you buy your unit?

• Baller
              Baller commented
              Editing a comment
              Also, what do you mean by resetting the unit? How are you doing that? You mean resetting the calibration? If so, you have to before calibrating. Just wondering if you are meaning some other type of reset.

• Originally posted by Stonebattle View Post
            As bubba has mentioned, performing calibration and doing it correctly is necessary to get good results. The supplies procedure does not include all of the pitfalls. What I have found for best results is, lighting needs to be consistent with that one will practice or play under, one most use the black tee provided, don't sit or stand close to the ball when the unit is calibrating (white shoes or shirts are very bad) and make sure the unit is reset each time before a new calibration begins. Huge difference.

Still can't seem to get soft chips inside 25 yards or putts inside 20 ft to register, even in the 30 day e6 simulation. Any way to improve this?
            Strange those chips and putts are not registering. Your on putter? As well as wedge for chips? Try it in the range app. Try using different balls out of interest. I get soft chips to 5 yards and putts to 4 feet.

Comment

• Baller:
              I bought the unit three weeks ago. Yes I do mean reset the calibration before recalibrating.

Bubba:
              I thought I had this under control, but I must be doing something wrong. I was getting good results after recalibration before dinner. I was able to get good results for my driver, 7 iron and L wedge. I shut the unit down, later restarted and began to get big pull hooks. Now, I hit my share of pull hooks, but I'm not sure I can make a swing that is 31 degrees in to out with a 6 degree closed club face. The balls did hit the screen left of center though, so there was some pull hook there. Also, ball and swing speeds were up by several percent. For example, my 7 iron was in the 85 mph are will it was in the high 70s before dinner. Exact same setup as far as lighting, ball placement and the like. At lease as far as I can tell. You guys see any of this? If so, how did you address it?
              By the way, with a louder ball I was able to the the chips to register for about 12 yards and a change of putter and ball got me to within 9 ft, before dinner that is.

Comment

• I occasionally get the odd crazy club and ball reading. Club speed is usually consistent. You using the app? If you have any weird results, take a screenshot and we need to send it to them. The goal is to have very few if any mis reads.

Comment

Working...
                X