This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ernest Sports ES16 - New Camera Based LM

• You change the settings. This will install a link to the settings file on your desktop : http://golf.symftp.net/download/tgcsettings.exe

Comment

• I just bought some Srixon balls to see how they compare on my shots. Man, don't buy the crappy Srixon Trispeed Tour balls! They were on sale so I bought 3 for $50. They feel like I'm hitting a brick!
      Last edited by Baller; 03-27-2017, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baller View Post
        I just bought some Srixon balls to see how they compare on my shots. Man, don't buy the crappy Srixon Trispeed Tour balls! They were on sale so I bought 3 for $50. They feel like I'm hitting a brick!
        I never noticed a difference with Srixon balls vs others that have good logos with ES16. Besides the ball being crappy Baller, do you notice any better reads etc. with the unit?

Comment

• Baller
          Baller commented
          Editing a comment
          No difference other than feeling like complete crap. I love the feel of my clubs and these balls take the fun out of it.

• Bubba:
        I got TGC up and running. As far a putting is concerned, I seem to be able to putt from almost any distance with either my normal two ball number or my backstrike two ball putter. Chips are tougher. With my 53 degree gap wedge, I can't seem to get the sensor to recognize any chip inside about 20 yards. If I use the L wedge I can get it down to about 9 yards.

Comment

• I am not sure how this will read, but here goes. I took the data below today. I took several swings with a 48.5 degree pitching wedge. Obviously the first swing involved a fairly big miss read. Swing speed is low, smash factor is high as is the swing path. The club face is rather open as well. For this test, I aligned the sensor and tee such that if I hit it straight it would hit the center of the screen. I used Protee's Edge Autumn range. It has flags in the center of the screen and a distance indicator above the range and a flag just to the left of the indicator. The ball on the first swing below hit the flag just left of the the distance indicator. That is about 1 inch or so left or less than 1/2 degree left of target. The other 4 recorded swing results were closer. I'm not sure what might be causing these types of miss reads. Comments and critiques welcome.
          ES 16 Reported B330RX Manually Measured
          MPH MPH Deg. Deg. Deg. Veritical Deg. RPM RPM Deg. YDS YDS Vertical Deg. Horizontal Deg. Ball Speed
          Swing Spd Ball Spd Smash Fct Swing Path Club Face Ball Path Launch angle Back Spin Side Spin Spin Axis Carry Dist. Off Line Launch angle Launch angle
          66 89.9 1.36 19 6 10 26 6812 -1761 -14.5 117 6.21 26.7 -0.5 92
          72 87.8 1.22 3 2 2 25 8839 -107 -0.7 109 3.92 26.4 0.5 92
          71 86.6 1.22 5 4 4 24 9551 -150 -0.9 108 6.87 24.6 2.7 92
          72 86.8 1.21 2 1 1 22 9193 -256 -1.6 108 1.15 22.9 0 92
          69 90.6 1.31 1 0 0 24 8332 -72 -0.5 116 0.3 24.8 1.8 92
          Ave 70 88.34 1.264 6 2.6 3.4 24.2 8545.4 -469.2 -3.64 111.6 3.69 25.08 0.9 92

Comment

• Lefty13
            Lefty13 commented
            Editing a comment
            hmmm... this seems a little different than mine but similar... my biggest misread is club face and club path end up being identical and thus no spin axis... my last misread before I gave up last night looked like the following... club face and club path were both -0.4 and the ball went dead straight off (Off to the left mind you).

• Update: I changed my TGC license over to ES16 last night. Protee lived up to their reputation of great customer service and said they'd convert it back one time for me if I decide to keep going the skytrak route. Anyway... a couple of things jumped out at me.

#1) It definitely seems to do backspin on chips and wedge shots than the skytrak... I was actually able to get the ball to check a bit.
          #2) NO Reads were too much of a factor now that I'm very cautious as to where I hit the ball.
          #3) Still getting about 1 in 3 shots (maybe more) that have club face and club path identical for a perfectly straight shot without curve. I tried hitting off of a cheap little practice strip of a mat last night and it didn't really help .

Question: Is Fare Relative to Path OR Swing Path data supposed to work yet in TGC? Mine never has any information there. Thanks!

Brendan

Comment

• Wasn't sure, so I just hit a shot and here it is. Doesn't show for me either. not sure why.

Those shots that show face and path high for a straight shot I have seen only on mis-hits. You are likely hitting mat first. Try putting something down (like tape) to make sure you're hitting ball and see if you get any.

Comment

• Lefty: I'm not sure why we are seeing different. I don't see the kind of miss hit you are seeing.

Baller:
              I assume you are talking about the first swing in the spreadsheet. On that shot the spin is a bit low and the launch angle a bit higher. The ball hit very close to the center of the screen and the ball speed was not impacted. If it was a miss hit, it was not missed by much. If I hit the mat first it was not enough to impact the strike.

The sensor data shows the ball starting 10 degrees to the right, that suggest to me the sensor may be using club path and face angle to determine horizontal launch angle and not ball data, since the ball hit about in the center of the screen. Also, if the sensor uses radar to sense swing speed, why is the swing speed so low. Not sure where they are measuring swing speed or what they are actually using to measure it.

I use spray powder on my clubs to see where the ball strikes the face, works great. In any case, I hit fat shots once in a while, but so what, if the mat was struck first, the system still should not have shown what it did.

Comment

• Improvement!!! I changed mats tonight to one that was much softer. My misreads were few and far between and I think I only had one no read in about 12 holes. It was much harder to draw the ball on the softer mat but I think I'm going in the right direction!!

Im finding the launch angles left and right can be extreme at times though and was trying a 10 yd chip and it wouldn't read it at all. PUtts roll about twice as far so I'll have to go back and see if my settings in TGC got changed somehow. Thanks for the suggestions fellas!!
                Last edited by Lefty13; 03-31-2017, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• Great to hear Lefty. Yes the mat makes a difference. I use the Fiberbuilt mat and it reads better than the Country club elite. If one hits a fat shot then the misreads/nonreads are more pronounced on a less forgiving mat. I spoke with some folks at Ernest Sports today and they are soon to release a new update addressing spin, launch direction and fat shots by allowing for camera field of view changes to better capture these shots. Nothing but good stuff ahead. They are testing against Trackman and GC2. Here is a good read http://www.ernestsports.com/wordpres...is-calculated/

Comment

• Lefty:
                    Hey that's great! I have two types of mats and I don't see that much difference What type of mat are you using?

Bubba:
                    That is a cool read, thanks for the link. I had a computer melt down, so I will be out of the sim game for a few days. My 30 to 70 yard wedge game has been getting better. Nice to have a sensor that provides good data on these types of shots.

Comment

• Lefty13
                      Lefty13 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I just hit 10 balls on the old mat and had 2 misreads and 2 no reads on 10 swings... so 4 out of 10 were bad... I put the softer mat on top of these and went 5 for 5 on properly registered shots... seems the mat makes a heck of a difference. Thanks again Bubba!

• Bubba22
                      Bubba22 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Awesome lefty. Next update will adress some issues with different mats by expanding the camera fov so fat shots etc. are more accurately picked up.

• Lefty13
                      Lefty13 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So I cut out an 8 inch by 9 inch square in my Golfsmith Mat and inserted the gel... fixed almost all of my misreads which has been awesome. There's a forum on here with instructions on how to do it... something about building a mat for $271.50 I think. If you're struggling with misreads, try a softer mat. If you're struggling with no-reads, be super particular about ball position.

• Well one step closer to getting back to playing some golf, got first my set of new shoes. This prosthetic lab did a good job on these, they couldn't believe how bad a job the other lab did on my shoes last year. I am looking at having them build me a set of golf shoes so I can get back to playing again without falling down every time I swing a club. Have tried just hitting a few and I can hold my balance, I need to get the ES-16 software updated and calibrate it and see if I can't get back to where I was. Been a rough winter but looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.

Comment

• Awesome BG. Looks like your on the right path. Set of golf shoes would be important for you. Latest firmware can be updated from the current ES16 range app. Keep us posted.

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
                        BGCurtis2nd commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Did the update and calibration on the ES-16 and hit a few balls, I was very pleased with the readings I was getting had a few missed reads but was on fat hits so probably better off they didn't read. I am rusty as all get out now but at lest I wasn't falling on my butt every-time I would swing a club. New boots are a big help, I am seeing what it is going to take to get me a new set of golf shoes made up. I would rather spend $1400.00 on new clubs rather than shoes, but when you can't swing the clubs with out them. I am taking in a shoe for him to tear into just to see if he can build them up the way they need to be. Left over shoe from the pair the other prosthetic lab destroyed last year, should know something in a few days.

• What is the most recent update? Mine is at 144. The data I am getting is much better. I rarely have a missed shot. My distances seem about 5% too long. Ball speeds are accurate however. ? A problem with the algorithm. Anyone else see that?

Comment

• Originally posted by John2660 View Post
                        What is the most recent update? Mine is at 144. The data I am getting is much better. I rarely have a missed shot. My distances seem about 5% too long. Ball speeds are accurate however. ? A problem with the algorithm. Anyone else see that?
                        I think the algo's are pretty accurate for distances. No system is perfect as there are so many variables for carry distance etc. The club and bell speeds are very accurate so smash factor is well calculated. I personally don't see the distances as long. Is it with all clubs? On the range app?

Comment

• Bubba22
                          Bubba22 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I agree. Distance, the smash factor plus angle of attack. Check it out from Par2 Pro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWuUW1MKmFU

• Thundergolf
                          Thundergolf commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I agree, I think distances are spot on. When the unit reads all the information correctly, I think it displays the shot information very accurately. I have several shots that miss spin axis (currently being fixed), other than that the device is fantastic!

• Bubba22
                          Bubba22 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That's the key Thunder. They are working very hard to allow for all data to be read well especially on miss hits like fat shots etc. Next update will adress things well. I think it will be out I the next few weeks, fingers crossed.
                      Working...
                      X