Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Keither5150 winning the TGC 2016/2017 Winter Tour - Sony Open in Hawaii!

Join this weeks TGC 2016/2017 Winter Tour - Careerbuilder Challenge with 2 rounds at The PGA West(Palmer)[Saturday] : http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...lder-challenge
See more
See less

More Affordable Devices Coming soon...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure why the ES14 would get a bad wrap, it does exactly as described. Great training tool for irons distance control just don't get side spin numbers.

Comment

• If I recall the ES14 calculated LA and spin based on club input and basically just measured the ball direction and speed. So I think if you punched a low 8 Iron it would not show accurate LA and spin but instead show what it thinks that speed of ball would have done as far as LA and spin. A perfect hit ball will show accurate. I question any launch monitor that needs the club you are hitting to be entered to get its numbers.

With the new one they show, ask first what it really measures. If anything is calculated as far as LA or spin, it is not any better than a P3Pro can do and that at least has course play.
      Mountain Time

Comment

• ES16 LM posts moved to: http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...amera-based-lm

Comment

• The thread originally said 'devices,' plural.

So, a year later it's obvious that ES16 is one of them (although 'affordable' remains to be seen with that one).

What is the other device(s)? Was Protee working on a launch monitor, perhaps? Is Foresight working on something new?

Any concrete info, or just more industry speculation where we might actually find out about another one in 2017 or 2018?

Comment

• northgolf
            northgolf commented
            Editing a comment
            This thread could have been aptly titled: "Waiting for Godot".

• TorchRedRob
            TorchRedRob commented
            Editing a comment
            sad and true

• I heard a rumor through two different sources that Flightscope will be coming out with a very affordable unit in the next six months. Can anyone here put meat on that rumor? If the best you can say in "nope, I'm under NDA" that is still information.

Comment

• Originally posted by northgolf View Post
            I heard a rumor through two different sources that Flightscope will be coming out with a very affordable unit in the next six months. Can anyone here put meat on that rumor? If the best you can say in "nope, I'm under NDA" that is still information.
            Please don't take offence in any way, and I hope you are right as it will mean more competition.

I love over these qualified (6 months) statements, because we have all been in he boat that we are waiting for the next big thing which is "just around the corner" and we end up never buying anything.

For or those that are willing to wait, please read the whole thread on Skytrak and ES16, I am completely happy with my skytrak now but it took me a long time to buy due to the fact that these ice was not ready, and in that time, I had nothing.

Comment

• There is absolutely no way I can take offense at your post, I've been waiting to buy since the year before SkyTrak came out (and before that I watched the GSA 2 year LX saga). When ST was finally in a state where I'd buy it, the cash flow no longer allowed for it.

Comment

• Apparently big tax cuts coming as well!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikkaat View Post

Please don't take offence in any way, and I hope you are right as it will mean more competition.

I love over these qualified (6 months) statements, because we have all been in he boat that we are waiting for the next big thing which is "just around the corner" and we end up never buying anything.

For or those that are willing to wait, please read the whole thread on Skytrak and ES16, I am completely happy with my skytrak now but it took me a long time to buy due to the fact that these ice was not ready, and in that time, I had nothing.
                  Right on. As we can see from what is going on with ES16, building an accurate, reliable launch monitor at a price where more people can afford it has turned out to be a much more significant undertaking than many thought.

Even if something else is announced at the PGA show in January, with the track record of existing new devices, it will likely be 2018 before it is ready for primetime.

Take home point: if you really want something and if you have the cash, pull the trigger now.

Comment

Working...
                  X