Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Genghis winning the TGC 2017 Summer Tour - The John Deer Classic !

Join this weeks TGC 2017 Summer Tour - The Open Championship with 3 rounds at Royal Birkdale 2016 (Saturday Clear) : http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...n-championship
See more
See less

Add on for Skytrak 2 or totally new product

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add on for Skytrak 2 or totally new product

Hello everyone, I am about to pull the trigger on a brand new Skytrak but still a doubt is assalulting me. Some months ago I asked news to Rapsodo Company about a Skytrak 2 and they answered they don't give informations on "new products they are working on".
    You can imagine which is my fear: after buying a new one I will see in a couple of months (maybe presented at next golf show in Orlando) a totally new product, with improved features, accuracy, etc.
    You guys do know any rumors about a new Skytrak? Will they realize a totally new item or maybe just an add on (like the HMT) we will be able to install on "old" units"?
    Obiovsly in this case I will go straight and buy suddenly a new one.
    Thanks to thise who will answer

This was asked recently in another post. You likely won't get any new information on this here. I would be extremely surprised if we see a brand new replacement product within the next 3 years. Maybe an addon of some type (for clubhead data?), but that is just my speculation.

It seems to me- that now that they have gotten the product in pretty good shape that they would really want to work on a new version of the product for as long as they needed to in order to make it a more successful initial launch.

I would put decent money on the fact that no completely new unit will be on the market within 2 years. But personally I'm hoping for an HMT addon, I would buy that in a split second.

Comment

Right - Skytrak is just getting into its groove this year, with improvements to its own software, and now offering 3 simulator partnerships. What they really should do is get potential reviewers to review or re-review the product, as the experience should be substantially better now vs 18 months ago when initial reviews came out.

Comment

• Joko
        Joko commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I never really understood why they don't have better marketing. Seems to me they could hook a lot of golfers if they marketed this correctly.

• Dan McWhirter
        Dan McWhirter commented
        Editing a comment
        SkyGolf is pretty crappy on customer support...I think they're short people, hoping the website carries itself. For example, everything is or was called a skycaddie...very confusing. But then, there is Seth, the wunderkind!, who makes miracles for the SkyTrak software and its data presentation on SkyGolf 360.

• doublebogey
        doublebogey commented
        Editing a comment
        Totally agree. SkyTrak in the right hands would really kick @ss and be a much bigger success (esp given where it is now) than being in the hands of SkyGolf. SportTrak/Rapsodo really married the wrong dude in SkyGolf, and it's really dragging her down. Like I said before, if SportTrak/Rapsodo can divorce SkyGolf, I'd be happy to put together a consortium w bunch of influential investors and money to make SkyTrak really soar (not just in the U.S. but globally) - it's really an amazing product esp at the price point.

Go to Rapsodo and look at their baseball pitching app and hardware...radar mixed with camera...sits on a tripod behind the catcher...captures everything about the ball including its actual flight, spin, etc. Imagine hitting that thing with a 90 mph pitch if the catcher misses a high pitch! Maybe indicative of future golf ball tracking upgrades. Something else to consider...maybe they would employ stronger led lasers so that the SkyTrak could be set further back.

Comment

I have not seen any new US patents issued for Rapsodo, for either the pitch tracker or golf ball tracker. The latest was October of 2015 but it looks like they simply improved the original patent.

Comment

I was so apprehensive about making any sort of purchase because between this Skytrak and the GC2 I have seen they are quite old (in terms of technology which is constantly evolving). Which like you stated is causing me to have an unshakeable doubt that I will be grandfathered into a brand new but outdated piece of equipment literally a few months after investing.

Glad to know I am not the only one questioning the purchase from this angle.

Comment

FrankP2491. I bit the bullet last week and am expecting my Skytrak to arrive in a couple of days (live in Australia). I was apprehensive as well for a long time but finally overcame it for a couple of reasons.
            1. if you are waiting on the newest technology, when will you stop waiting? Newer tech is always just around the corner even after something is released
            2. When you finally do decide that you have waited long enough and you bite on the newest product, you will more than likely be purchasing something with launch issues, ie Skytrak in its early days, ES16 now...
            If you are grandfathered a couple of months after you buys something, at least you have had something for a couple of months, rather than sitting around waiting for the next big new thing which could potentially come out with bigger issues that ES16.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikkaat View Post
              FrankP2491. I bit the bullet last week and am expecting my Skytrak to arrive in a couple of days (live in Australia). I was apprehensive as well for a long time but finally overcame it for a couple of reasons.
              1. if you are waiting on the newest technology, when will you stop waiting? Newer tech is always just around the corner even after something is released
              2. When you finally do decide that you have waited long enough and you bite on the newest product, you will more than likely be purchasing something with launch issues, ie Skytrak in its early days, ES16 now...
              If you are grandfathered a couple of months after you buys something, at least you have had something for a couple of months, rather than sitting around waiting for the next big new thing which could potentially come out with bigger issues that ES16.
              I actually couldn't agree more, im looking on the net for a used item of the Skytrak or GC2 or even Flightscope used. haha

Being that I am still in college (although im 25 lol *10 year track*) I cant justify spending more than 2grand on a unit unless its a re-sale and im getting a redic price cut so for that reason the skytrak is the one I have eyed up the most!

Let me know how you enjoy it after you have had a chance to use it and abuse it! happy for you great chose think you will love it!

Comment

• Mikkaat
                Mikkaat commented
                Editing a comment
                Good luck with the purchase from Lefty

Hi mate,

Did you buy from Skytrak directly?

I wanted to buy a unit shipped to my forwarder in the USA then to Australia, but they cancelled the order as the billing and shipping address was different.

Originally posted by Mikkaat View Post

Comment

Originally posted by hardboiled View Post
                Hi mate,

Did you buy from Skytrak directly?

I wanted to buy a unit shipped to my forwarder in the USA then to Australia, but they cancelled the order as the billing and shipping address was different.
                hardboiled PM'd you

Comment

• Lawyer
                  Lawyer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi may i have any informations, too about that? I live in Europe. Thanks

I would love to see them come out with an add on that would pick up club data. A swing pad sensor something similar to the Optishot combined with the ball data that we already get with Skytrak would be ideal.

Comment

Working...
                X