Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @FirGir and @Lgnir winning the TGC 2017 Spring Tour - Valero Texas Open !

Join this weeks TGC 2017 Spring Tour - Zurich Classic of New Orleans with 2 rounds at The Olympic Club (Lake Course) ProTee: http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...of-new-orleans
See more
See less

impact screen recomendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• impact screen recomendations

I would like to purchase an impact screen that I can use without a net in front of it and use real balls. Also, do most people put nets behind their impact screens to absorb some impact, or does padding directly in back of the screen provide the same cushion and ball stopping protection as a net? Also important is some type of sound deadening. If someone can recomend a screen that can stop a ball and provide a good pic at the same time I would appreciate it
    Last edited by Dav45Jac; 11-08-2016, 01:10 AM.

I have a PR-20 impact screen from West Coast netting. It's 2 years old an shows no sign of wear. I hit into it 3 times a week at least. I put 2 black sheets behind it (for less light bleed through) .

Works great, picture is good an no net needed in front of it.

Comment

I have the ProTee screen. Before that I had the HQ2 screen. Both have merits but I find that the the screens that are lower noise puddle a little from shots and the ones that don't puddle are really loud. The HQ didn't puddle but was loud and had bounce back. I prefer the ProTee

Comment

Get the Supertex for <$150. This is coming from someone that previously had the $1000 HQ2.

Comment

Go for supertex. I had the pr20 and the picture is much better.

Comment

Thank you for your help, i saw they also have a heavy duty screen as well. One other question, how far back from the screen should the Skytrack unit be. I've heard anywhere from 3-10 feet. Thanks in advance

Comment

its in the instructions for Skytrak on recommended distance from screen. But I believe its 10 feet, its been awhile since I turned mine on inside I use mine only outside at the range or out or town into my net return.

Comment

Distance from screen for a system like Skytrak is completely up to the user.

No impact at all to the actual use of the device.

Juse make sure you can swing the club.

Comment

Changed my post to "without" a net in front, I assume the Super text will still work?

Comment

yes it will work great

Comment

Aeroburner, are you running a PC or iPad for your Skytrack system?

Comment

I run an I pad for the WGT and the play and improve that's all you need, if you run the JNPG or the TGC you will need a good laptop or desktop the recommendations are on skytrak website for the minimum computer recommendations

http://www.skytrakgolf.com/simulation/golf-club
                        http://www.skytrakgolf.com/simulation/perfect-golf
                        look at the bottom of the page at these links I just sent you

and here is WGT
                        http://www.skytrakgolf.com/simulation/wgt

I run a laptop for the JNPG on my skytrak

Comment

Ok, thanks. I just bought the iPad Pro and am thinking of taking it back and getting a laptop or PC.

Comment

I would get some info before you do that as WGT and the play and improve do not work off of a PC and vice versa for TGC or JNPG do not work off an Ipad, I think but have not tried this but others might know or the people you bought your skytrak from if you can use a iPhone 6 plus or does it need to be a ipad not sure and have never tried it so if you are only going to use the skytrak package for a while you might need the ipad.

Comment

• wbond
                              wbond commented
                              Editing a comment
                              What part of the play and improve package doesn't work on PC?

• aeroburner
                              aeroburner commented
                              Editing a comment
                              the bundle package from skytrak for WGT, if others got this to work through a PC great but I have never tried any other means with the skytrak as it is nothing I use on a regular basis and have minimal knowledge except what is spec'd from website. if you have info on this feel free to share with Dav45

• wbond
                              wbond commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I thought you meant that the play and improve package does not work on PC. Correct for WGT, Ipad only. But all other aspects of the skytrak software that is included in that package works on the PC.

I think I will keep the iPad and upgrade my graphics card in my new PC to the 1070. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                            X