Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R-Motion - SkyTrak - Rapsodo - TGC simulator integration for club head data??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R-Motion - SkyTrak - Rapsodo - TGC simulator integration for club head data??

Did anyone else find it interesting (telling?) that Rapsodo partnered with Protee for the launch of it's R-Motion product - unlike the SkyPro, it's a straight-to-TGC. I suppose it's sort of a me-too of the SkyPro, maybe they didn't want it..who knows.

Either way - It would seem "possible" that the R-Motion/Protee partnership could make it possible to have club-motion data merged with ball-flight data for a next level of simulator precision.

The TCG sdk could grab ball data from any number of flight monitors, also grab the data from the R-Motion - and voila!

ProTee Dennis can (will) it be done???

Ball flight data is all a simulation will use. There are a number of devices including and similar to r motion that will give you club head data. So, I am not sure what you are saying, integrate.

Comment

• awisnia
      awisnia commented
      Editing a comment
      Integrate the display of the club metrics in the after shot analysis screen - the ball's already flying fine.

Maybe face, path, club speed, toe/heel - at least they would mean more than they do now with TGC/SkyTrak or GC2.

I don't see Foresight doing this because they have HMT. Skytrak may do it with skypro.

Yes it will be done.

Comment

I'd like to see it integrated but not used for ball flight. Too inaccurate in my opinion.

Comment

ProTee. I'm not sure you read his question the same as I did. Why would it be needed in addition to an existing launch monitor. That is like saying the r motion would be integrated with a cg2 to help with ball flight? Ball flight is ball flight.

Comment

Ya I'm with Bnorman on this one. Could be added on for viewing I guess, but adds nothing to ballflight accuracy.

Comment

I think they are simply saying they will combine the ball data from the launch monitor and the club data from r motion so that you get both displayed in TGC

Comment

This makes me think it is about more than just display

"R-Motion/Protee partnership could make it possible to have club-motion data merged with ball-flight data for a next level of simulator precision"

Comment

• awisnia
                awisnia commented
                Editing a comment
                precision in the data provided..

I don't see it adding anything to ball flight.

Integrating club data into TGC information screen would be nice. But if i had to choose, I'd prefer a smartphone app to view the data. That provides the flexibility to use it with TGC or at the range or however one wants. Although having both would be ideal.

All this assumes the club data is accurate enough to be worthwhile. That's always been the Achilles heel for these devices.

Comment

alright sorry i am late to the party. i am currently an optishot owner (realize its semi-accurate and more about fun) looking to upgrade to a skytrak or even a gc2 if price is right. on that note, what are the differences of r-motion to the mentioned systems? why would you supplement these to a gc2? ae there options to supplement a 'cpu-mounted" device for skytrak?

sorry a little lost at what each measures... thanks for the help!

Comment

You wouldnt supplement a gc2 with this, that was my point. This is a club mounted device to give club information, you cannot compare it to gc2, skytrac, protee, or gsx which all give ball information that is needed for accurate simulation. This device, if I am not mistaken, derives ball data from club data, which in the low end market could be a notch above your optishot if it does so fairly accurately. If you are looking to get serious, look into one of the 4 systems I mention.

Comment

• awisnia
                    awisnia commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, exactly. In TGC however, it would add some measurements behind the currently calculated club data when using gc2/skytrak. With Protee I assume the sensors feed the path/face/speed measured data to TGC.

So, you are just talking about display. Thats fine. Your question was formulated as if you wanted that club data to somehow be used to "enhance" ball data from, say a GC2 and that's not desirable.

Comment

Use ball data for the ball flight simulation. Only show the club data in the tgc data window, but it's not used at all for the ball flight. Poor mans gc2 hmt combo.
                    Last edited by wbond; 02-11-2017, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Exactly..poor man's HMT

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X