Buy TGC on sale now or wait for TGC2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy TGC on sale now or wait for TGC2?

So I am most likely purchasing a ST on sale and wondering about TGC now on sale for $895 or wait for TGC2? What do you think? There have been conflicting opinons in other threads.

I fought the same debate and went ahead and bought TGC. I did that on the advice from par2pro that TGC2 would be an upgrade to TGC.

Comment

I would buy now!

Comment

I second Bubba22! I sat on the fence for awhile, not sure it would be everything I had hoped. Paired with my SkyTrak, it's everything I could have hoped for and more. Plus, I've read in more than one place that TGC2 will basically be a free upgrade for existing TGC Simulator customers. I love the current version of TGC, and can't wait to see some of the improvements they'll be implementing in TGC2. Exciting times for golf simulator enthusiasts! Good luck with your purchase!

Comment

I had the same dilemma over the Christmas sale. I bought it and I am glad I did. No regrets.

Comment

• dvillicana
            dvillicana commented
            Editing a comment
            Was it also $895 for Christmas?

• dborden0
            dborden0 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep. $895.

I jumped in, too, after being on the fence. I've been pleased. Most on here feel that ProTee takes care of people pretty well. Unlike a certain manufacturer who has been known to change pricing (but to their credit have backed off lately).

Comment

Go for it! You'll save a little money and you will not regret your purchase! My biggest problem is lately, I don't use my SkyTrak as I intended to. (by working on my game at the range) I find myself wanting to play a round or practice for a tournament on TGC. Guess it's all practice, right?

Comment

• Jtangm04
              Jtangm04 commented
              Editing a comment
              Find myself playing TCG tour more than working on my swing on the range too. In a way I feel TCG tourney really helps with the mental aspect of golf. On the range I can feel my technique slowly improving and most of my shots look great. Start the tourney, the adrenaline creeps up a little, and all of the sudden my bad swing habits return or become too tight and start making horrible contact. Working through a bad round trying to keep loose might in the the end be a bigger benefit for my real life golf game.

Did awful in the first 2 rounds of the Masters this week so will probably practice on the range tonight and try and get a better round this weekend.

• Lgnir
              Lgnir commented
              Editing a comment
              I totally agree with what you said Jtagm04! Although I had a slight improvement from round 1 to round 2, I hit some terrible tee shots, and seemed to hit a butt-load of trees for some reason. Like you said, I think the tourneys really help with the mental aspect of the game, and it shows in my real life game. Heck, I've been walking out money ahead in my normal group the last few weeks, instead of always paying out!
          Working...
          X