Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does TGC calculate each person's club carry yards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does TGC calculate each person's club carry yards?

Does everyone start all the same with the carry yards for each club, or is there a mode within the game to precisely measure each individual's club carry distances (such as playing some with the clubs), or do you have to put the distance manually?

Thanks.

The club distances are from the video game.. You can't customize them to fit your IRL distances I don't think.

Comment

TGC does not measure anything. It translates ball data coming from hardware and simulates its ball flight. If everyone hits with exactly the same ball speed, launch angles and spin rates then it would translate to the exact same simulated ball flights in TGC.

Comment

Originally posted by LEO MODE View Post
        Does everyone start all the same with the carry yards for each club, or is there a mode within the game to precisely measure each individual's club carry distances (such as playing some with the clubs), or do you have to put the distance manually?

Thanks.
        2 ways to take this. 1. The ball goes as far in the sim as you hit it. Hit it 200 in the air and it'll go 200 in TGC. 2. TGC shows yardages on each club for carry. Those carry distances are set in stone in the game based off some averages. You use them with the scout camera to view the landing.
        My Courses:
        World Par 3's by mthunt
        Toronto GC (L) mthunt
        Burlington G&CC by mthunt
        Weston G&CC by mthunt
        London Hunt Club L mthunt
        Park CC Lidar mthunt
        Sunningdale GC Robinson L
        Sunningdale GC Thompson L
        Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
        Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
        The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
        The National GC L mthunt
        Mississaugua GC L mthunt
        Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
        Markland Woods CC mthunt
        Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
        Magna GC L mthunt
        Barrie CC L mthunt
        mthunt Range

Comment

Understood. All I wanted to know was how the game measures/estimates your each club's distance, because on the interface it looked like it had respective carry yards written next to the club.

I wish there was some kind of feature in the game where you will hit like 5-10 shots for each clubs so you can get an average of your club's carry distances. So that the carry yardage showing on the screen varies for each individual, making the game more customized for you.

Comment

I'm not sure why the club recommendation is even shown. I've never ever paid attention to it really. I'd actually be happy if it was removed from the screen to save space.

Comment

It's there from the video game and for before there was a mini map
              My Courses:
              World Par 3's by mthunt
              Toronto GC (L) mthunt
              Weston G&CC by mthunt
              Park CC Lidar mthunt
              The National GC L mthunt
              Mississaugua GC L mthunt
              Markland Woods CC mthunt
              Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
              Magna GC L mthunt
              Barrie CC L mthunt
              mthunt Range

Comment

Originally posted by mthunt View Post

2 ways to take this. 1. The ball goes as far in the sim as you hit it. Hit it 200 in the air and it'll go 200 in TGC. 2. TGC shows yardages on each club for carry. Those carry distances are set in stone in the game based off some averages. You use them with the scout camera to view the landing.
                I have seen a case where this is not true. When putting, if the putter is not selected, for example you accidentally select the driver, it will add backspin to the putt

Comment

• ProTee United
                  ProTee United commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Backspin and launch angle are set to 0 when the SkyTrak is in putting mode.

Originally posted by JWK View Post

I have seen a case where this is not true. When putting, if the putter is not selected, for example you accidentally select the driver, it will add backspin to the putt
                So when you set it to driver and hit putter, you get a different carry distance? My comments are only about carry.
                My Courses:
                World Par 3's by mthunt
                Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                Weston G&CC by mthunt
                Park CC Lidar mthunt
                The National GC L mthunt
                Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                Markland Woods CC mthunt
                Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                Magna GC L mthunt
                Barrie CC L mthunt
                mthunt Range

Comment

My skytrak won't register a putt if the driver is selected in the game due to low ball speed and low launch angle as it needs to be in putting mode to get them to register

Comment

This happened twice

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	379
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	119758

Comment

When you select a driver, your SkyTrak will go out of putting mode and into normal mode. It will be treated as a normal shot. SkyTrak putting mode is not depending on the surface. It switches only if the putter is selected. The backspin is what SkyTrak sends to TGC.

Comment

Originally posted by ProTee United
                        When you select a driver, your SkyTrak will go out of putting mode and into normal mode. It will be treated as a normal shot. SkyTrak putting mode is not depending on the surface. It switches only if the putter is selected. The backspin is what SkyTrak sends to TGC.
                        You are saying the SkyTrak read the putt as going 10 ft then spinning back 9?

Comment

Sort of. Important is that you always select the PUTTER when you want to putt and not the DRIVER.

When the DRIVER (or an IRON or WEDGE) is selected, the SkyTrak will switch to NORMAL mode. It will read your putt fine, BUT as you can it also detects a LAUNCH ANGLE of 1.9 degrees and some funny BACK SPIN of 7281, which of course is a bad reading.

The SkyTrak does not READ launch angle and spin correctly at very low speeds in NORMAL mode. Thats why there is a PUTTING mode which can handle these low speed shots. This PUTTING mode will be activated when the PUTTER is selected. Putting in NORMAL mode will give weird results or non detects.

When you throw a ball at 10 mph and give it a 7000+ backspin, it will spin back at you when it hits the ground, and that's exactly what TGC is doing when its receiving this data.

Comment

i accidentally did the same thing in the dean and deluca. i fat fingered something and ended up on driver instead of putter. tgc made the ball strike sound instead of the putting sound and registered 2,222 rpm of back spin and my putt didn't go very far. this was with gc2.

Comment

Working...
                            X