Voice Control over TGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice Control over TGC

Just wanted to post as this has made playing tgc even better for me - hopefully others will enjoy as well.

I have been using a program called voice attack to speak out commands to my sim computer and voice attack program listens and presses the appropriate keys so i go to the computer a lot less. Seems this is used by a lot of gamers to automate things in games. Its 8 bucks and works very well. He has a free trial as well.

VoiceAttack is the premier voice control and macro creation system for your Windows games and applications.

Just to give an idea of voice commands that i have setup for TGC

"Q" - scout cam - this is very helpful and probably probably what i use most along with aim commands below.

"Move right". - presses right arrow to move aim right one notch
    "Big right " - presses right arrow 5 times to move aim over 5 notches"
    "Move left" - presses left arrow to move aim left one notch
    "Big left" - presses left arrow 5 times to move aim over 5 notches
    "Change View" - presses the V button to alter camera view

"Advance". - presses enter to advances the scorecard after every hole.
    "Re Do". - presses escape then rewind to replay a shot

I also setup all my clubs so it will press the appropriate key to change club.

Pretty cool thanks for the info

Comment

Yes that is very cool!

Comment

glovepie does this as well and is free. I haven't used voiceattack so I can't compare the two. I'll check it out. Thanks!

Comment

Nice! Never thought to try that. Thanks JS!

Comment

For anyone trying this - be careful with the rewind command, however. I had it mistakenly rewind a shot i hit that was in gimmie range because it picked up something it thought was "Re Do". There is a setting in there for each voice command for confidence level. I upped "Re Do" in my case to confidence level 95% before it does anything. Just putting this out there for guys playing in tourneys or maybe don't setup this command at all.

Mmlincon, i have used glovpie in the past and believe i wrote about on the ottawa forum. This program is definately easier for the non technical and pretty feature complete for what its intent is.

If anyone does try this - one thing that i initially had trouble with some of the keystrokes . When creating a new command I had to select "standard keystroke" vs direct x keystroke to get it to press the key i wanted. I believe this was for the rewind command as it is a sequence of keystrokes. Escape, down arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Js1010 View Post
              For anyone trying this - be careful with the rewind command, however. I had it mistakenly rewind a shot i hit that was in gimmie range because it picked up something it thought was "Re Do". There is a setting in there for each voice command for confidence level. I upped "Re Do" in my case to confidence level 95% before it does anything. Just putting this out there for guys playing in tourneys or maybe don't setup this command at all.

Mmlincon, i have used glovpie in the past and believe i wrote about on the ottawa forum. This program is definately easier for the non technical and pretty feature complete for what its intent is.

If anyone does try this - one thing that i initially had trouble with some of the keystrokes . When creating a new command I had to select "standard keystroke" vs direct x keystroke to get it to press the key i wanted. I believe this was for the rewind command as it is a sequence of keystrokes. Escape, down arrow.
              Thank for the tips Js... I may give this a go this weekend. Always nice to learn from others experience!

Comment

Has anyone found a better way to do the rewind command in voice attack? It normally works fine but occasionally the mouse will be in a certain position and that will be the starting point after esc is pressed and it goes down from there. I have conceded some holes with this. I would like a more fool proof way to do it if you have one.

Otherwise, the functionality is great. I use "approach" for Q, "Putter View" for E, "Change View" for V, "Continue" for Enter and it works flawlessly. I am using an Xbox 360 Kinect that wasn't being used for the microphone and it will double as a webcam as well.

Comment

You can try adding a command to move the mouse to a different spot before it issues the keyboard sequence to rewind.

So, add a mouse move command to "Application Bottom" to the list of commands - then move this command to the top of he list for rewind or any other command. Tested briefly by leaving mouse in the area of the menu and it seemed to work well.

Comment

This is a great idea! I even hate going over to the PC to click the mouse or hit enter to go to the next hole. I'm lazy! I'm definitely going to try this!

Comment

Does anyone have their script to share for Glovepie or Voice Attack? Thanks

Comment

Kudos to JS. This voice control is awesome. Using my webcam microphone it works amazing. So much better than even plugging into the iPad AirKeyboard app. Very easy to setup, took me about 10 min. Right now I'm just using the free app with 20 commands. Expect to be paying for the full access shortly. I stuck to the basics...club names, advance(enter key), approach view(q), right, left, way right, way left, practice mode(r). Didn't want to risk an accidental mulligan with programming shot replay. Also added in a mini macro "move the mouse" command that puts the mouse back on the golf club app in case i forget while looking something up on the other screen(like this forum or playing some music).

This is should be a sticky.

Comment

Do you guys know if background noise like the Tv or the commentary on tgc interferes with the commands? Also, how does it work for multi player? Does it do voice recognition or just voice in general?

Comment

Less noise the better - I usually have TV or Radio on in background (low) , and I don't have issues. As far as others go, I have gone through the voice training on my machine so maybe that helps. Also, I try to be a bit more deliberate in how I speak understanding that it's trying to recognize my speech. I haven't explained what's going on to my friends so it doesn't work as well for them but they don't necessarily try to speak clearly or near the mic. Overall, works great and I rarely have to go to the computer except when I hit one way offline and need to move a long way to get to the direction I want to hit. I have the mic hanging above me - you will have to play around with it if you have issues.

Comment

this works awesome. no more walking over to the computer. Play is much faster. thanks for the post.

Comment

Working...
                              X